Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russians are coming

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.

Last Online
    Monday, April 14th, 2008 @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Your whole post is total exaggerated.

The guy on heimdalls sig to massive? Ok chill will you. He looks slender to me.

Did you expect Hallstatts be skinny weak motherfucks who couldn't lift their own battle axe to fight? its not for Nothing they were great warriors just stop and think for a minute to what you are suggesting.

Nordics have great muscles but more long and slim than the phallians.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 @ 08:42 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Rossialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hallstatts used to be quite small that's why Coon thought they're depigmented Meds. It was impossible to differentiate their skeletal remains from Med's, if I recall correctly.

What I'm talking about is that both dimentions and proportions of Nordics have changed.

Well, let's find it out!

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Rossialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ahhh, Coon gives no data! He says only that "faces were very long"... But I've seen data: 125mm, both on LBK and ancient Slavs... :-(

But I have found smth interesting:

At various points near the Esthonian coast of the Gulf of Finland, a remarkable group of skeletons has been found in cists under tumuli, probably dating from about 1200 B.C., near the beginning of the Middle Bronze Age, although they may possibly have been as much as seven hundred years later.90 (See Appendix I, col. 30) Ten male and five female skulls belong to one homogeneous racial type, extremely dolichocephalic, with a mean cranial length of 195 mm. The faces are very long, and also wide; the nose is of great height. The browridges are in many cases heavy, and the nasal bones high and projecting, but deep-set under a strong glabella. These skulls are similar in many respects to the Corded racial type, especially as exemplified by the dolichocephalic element in the Britsh Bronze Age population. Like the latter, they are associated with long bones which indicate tall stature. The males, in fact, averaged 172 cm.; the females 165. Unlike the Corded group, however, these Esthonian skulls are as large in vault and face size as the Upper Palaeolithic group from central Europe, and equal the latter in a number of telltale dimensions, including cranial length, orbital width, and bizygomatic diameter. In the height dimensions of the vault and face, the Esthonian crania exceed all known European groups of any age. This is a clear case of the blending of Upper Palaeolithic survivors, who had preserved a hunting life in their northern forest, with Corded horsemen and cultivators who had penetrated their fastness, bringing them their first direct contact with food-producing civilization. If the Upper Palaeolithic group survived in Esthonia, it could have done so in Norway as well. It is worth noting the exaggeration of the Corded facial and cranial heights in the Esthonian mixture, along with the Upper Palaeolithic retention of gross vault size and of face breadth. This will later be encountered in several living North European populations.

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Interesting they had wide faces also!"

I wonder what he define as wide.

The whole article can be viewed here-->

http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/chapter-V10.htm

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Rossialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For example:

*LBK SW Germany + Austria:

cranial lenght: 186,9 188,1
    cranial breadth: 138,8 140
    min. frontal breadth: 97,3 99,1

cranial height: 138 141

bizygomatic breadth: 124,7 131,8

upper facial height: 70,9 73,6
    nasal breadth: 24,1 26
    nasal height: 51,2 54,3
    cranial index: 74,3 74,4
    upper facial index: 56,9 55,8
    nasal index: 47,1 47,9

They looked quite different from modern Hallstatts... so are Hallstatts impure now?

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

all this is based on non-living individuals!

I dont think the data is in great conflict with identified nowadays Hallstatts.
    you have to think the data measures will be greater when measured on living individuals.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Rossialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Originally posted by HELLSTAR
    all this is based on non-living individuals!

I dont think the data is in great conflict with identified nowadays Hallstatts. you have to think the data measures will be greater when measured on living individuals.
    Not THAT great!

First, as skulls became broader, so did faces, and noses followed...

I believe we shall 1-2 points only... For example, on the living - CI is 77, on the skull - 75/76.

So we can state that ancient Nordics were significantly narrower in face. And that's my point.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes but that's pretty simplicit to say,

Im aware you take 1½-2 UNITS off (the measured "cephalic
    index" on living individuals) but lets take the nasal index for example, on the dead individual its maybe 47 units, but on the living 61 units, my nasal index is 50 units, imagine how low that is on the dead! that's even lower than those people found back then. and that goes for alot of the other measures also. it all depends on who you define Nowadays Hallstatt. but 70% of Sweden's population is way to much in my opinion. I think no one disagrees with you that their number is shrinking and admixtures are numerous!

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Rossialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Originally posted by HELLSTAR
    Yes but that's pretty simplicit to say,

Im aware you take 1½-2 UNITS off (the measured "cephalic
    index" on living individuals) but lets take the nasal index for example, on the dead individual its maybe 47 units, but on the living 61 units, my nasal index is 50 units, imagine how low that is on the dead! that's even lower than those people found back then. and that goes for alot of the other measures also. it all depends on who you define Nowadays Hallstatt. but 70% of Sweden's population is way to much in my opinion. I think no one disagrees with you that their number is shrinking and admixtures are numerous!
    I put it wrong. Actually I ment that the nasal breadth on the skull is 2 mm smaller than on the living (smth like this... if I'm not wrong... anyway the difference is great!)

Too bad we have no Coon's appendix data for the serious talk.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Originally posted by NordischesBlutundEhre
    These are some of the reasons I have a hard time trusting Slavs, especially when they try to insult Germans and start trouble, like Ross seems to enjoy doing.
    Ross is one of the more objective posters here. Since this is the Racial Studies/Anthropology forum, I suggest we keep it scientific and vent any insults in the Hell Forum.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast