Religion
    Gottgläubig
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sehnsucht View Post
    @Thorbrand's post

I believe those are from Hitler's portfolio submissions to the Vienna Academy of Fine Art, which he failed to get admission to. I saw some of them in an article on the website of The Telegraph.

A University Dean described them as 'not much beyond moderate level GCSE'. We didn't even do any figure drawing in GCSE level Art when I was at school, and I don't remember anyone being up to that level of drawing.

I have read many supposed reasons for his rejection... from him being 'unsuitable for painting' to his lack of a School Leaving Certificate. Does anyone know why he was? Or is that lost to history, and people are making up reasons?
    Yes, they are from his portfolio that he used to apply in Vienna...as far as their quality in relation to 'GCSE' the university dean is talking nonsense. You are right to say that life drawing is hardly taught at school level, it is rare and when it happens it is often sporadic. I know that many students don't have this experience at school level because their art teachers have never been taught to draw themselves. In the 1960's in the UK the Coldstream report dramatically affected the teaching of fine art in the UK and after that time drawing was considered old fashioned and unnecessary - step into its place installation, minimalism, conceptual, etc. Life drawing is still taught of course in many good art schools in the UK but they are becoming fewer and regarded as reactionary. Another skill honed from the Renaissance in the western world that has been shunted aside...and is it a coincidence that the vast majority of the 'great' artists and photographers of Modernism are Jewish, that the curators, critics, gallerists, are in the main Jewish? methinks not!
    “unless they know, mystically, that beneath the concrete lies the earth which has nourished their race for a thousand years and ... that it is their own earth from which their blood is shed and renewed, then they are a lost people, and easy prey for those who have lacked roots for many centuries"
    A. K. Chesterton

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    This is just another excuse they use to lure people away from the real reason he chose not to be an artist. It was because he felt that serving an ailing Germany was a greater destiny to that of painting portraits. One can look at the above examples and clearly see he could just as easily have been a successful artist if he had wanted to.
    Not quite. He chose to follow a different path well before a became politically active. He was refused to enter the arts academy and he was told that he would be better suited as an architect. You can see this in a lot of paintings and drawings presented in this thread. Some of them resemble architectural plans rather than pieces of art. Although this thread also shows that he made a lot of paintings which (in my opinion) do qualify as artwork. Some seem to be romantically inspired and show a completely different style compared to the "architectural" style.

Last Online
    Monday, July 23rd, 2012 @ 04:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, and Germany
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Married parent
    Politics
    Kinism
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    While I am personally not a Christian, this is my favorite piece of work produced by Hitler. Absolutely beautiful.

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 @ 09:58 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    Well, that are some beautiful drawings and people who say that he wasn´t a good or talented painter must be really stupid or ignorant. I´m sure it´s because of the war and because of the fact that he was a very "evil dictator".
    These midgets and hostile commentators who judge Hitler are influenced by fashionable jealousy and sarcasm.
    He was a man of real force and so must be cut down to size because the question must never be asked "if he was such a contemptible rogue,how did he achieve such influence over so many intelligent people"...?

They will answer it was because he mesmorised them or was a swindler or some form of modern day pied piper of Hamelin,which is simplistic and crude and doesnt answer the fact that so many people who met him testify to inteligence above the average,wit and sheer determination to his (and our) cause.

Fuck them.

Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2012 @ 08:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Designer
    Politics
    urban shaman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Having worked as an artist, architect and planner myself I always found the negative comments about Hitlers work amusing.

There's no doubt he was a talented artist and architect. Hardly anyone reaches the level of being described 'the best' or a 'master'. Hitler was very good. He was certainly not bad. The other thing is understanding the mind of someone who creates this type of work. While not my style, I can truly appreciate the time he spent out in nature painting beautiful things. The passion he had for glorious european architecture and how that would have influenced his later planning goals in creating better communities or nations. In all my years I've never met an artist or architect that is 'evil' or has 'diabolical' plans for reform. Go around the world and meet with artists and architects. What kind of people are they? Then go around the world and meet with bankers, corporate leaders, media industry types and military. Totally different mindsets generally.

Architects and artists in general are some of the most underpaid and talented people on the planet. Hardly any other world leaders of significance were artists or architects. He was actually pretty unique in that regard. I think understanding Hitlers real passions and real expression is a key to understanding his real personality. The media can lie about his personality but not about his artistic and architectural expression.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great thread! Some of those paintings are really beautiful. I like all of them of course. But there are a few that are pretty much jaw-dropping. Thanks for posting these. I'll save them all to my pc.
    "The mystery and secret of Wotan is not that "knowledge" of him is passed along through clandestine cults or even through the re-discovery of old books and texts--but rather that such knowledge is actually encoded in a mysterious way in the DNA, in the very genetic material, of those who are descended from him." - Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Devoted father & husband
    Politics
    E Pluribus Unum
    Religion
    Ascension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Surly he was a very talented man but what strikes me is that in his works is a creative element far superior to anything that his order produced. An art that blossoms forth from the inner soul for no reason other than it must.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Frisian\Saxon
    Subrace
    I am here to find out.
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Groningen Groningen
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Rightist\conservative
    Religion
    I believe in God
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He really was a talented painter. He was more of a still life painter, landscapes, architecture. I heard that they turned him down for the arts acadamy was because he wasn't good at people & anatomy. I can be mistaken, though. What I've seen so far (and I've seen this before) makes me feel like he should have continued.

Truly, he was a talented man: a brave soldier, a gifted artist, an amazingly charismatic speaker, a powerful figure, extremely intelligent... but also: a human being. And human beings tend to make mistakes. They aren't perfect.

What I find funny is the way many historians blast Hitler off as a bad artist, "a house painter", while he clearly has some skills just looking at his work.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Indeed he was Linden, too bad his very real talent will never be recognized... but when a Jew cones along and defaces it, it will be considered great art.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=139913
    I believe it will. But most likely not in our lifetime.
    One day Adolf Hitler will be recognized as the multitalent he was and one of the most significant statesmen and ideologist in human history.

Our task is to see to it his ideas and the truth lives on and is passed to the next generation.
    We must carry the flame, no matter what shit they throw in our face, no matter what lies they make up and what persecution we have to go through!

In a month or so we will be celebrating winter solstice. It is a good time to ask for strength and courage for what will come!

Grand Member
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 31st, 2019 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,394 Posts
    It's just as well I salvaged these paintings when I did because the website where I found them www.adolfthegreat.com has now ceased to exist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast