Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    I don't think the dog breeders that breed for these show rings are the norm.

A lot of dogs are bred for the pet market can be just as cruel in a different way. They use to call these operations puppy mills. The small toy breeds seem to be popular for the puppy mills as they don't take as much food and space.

I cannot emphasize the difference in responsible breeders compared to people who are just creating freaks. As with everything else people should have responsibility for their actions. A true dog lover would not want to breed these freaks or run a puppy mill.

There is nothing wrong with selective breeding in domestic animals. We breed horses to run faster, jump higher, or pull more weight. Same goes with hogs, cattle and other farm livestock. The difference is most people who breed livestock care about the end result and carrying on the breed.

The thing is as preservationist we cannot get carried away with believing all mixed breeding is good. The AKC is not a good example of controlled breeding. When things are taken to far the leftist use it as a propaganda tool against us. Here is a example.....

Wrong Meeting
    Of course not. I also think it's cruel the way they snip off their tails, my dogs tails were snipped but I would not be in favor of it at all. One of my brother's Shi tzus was probably from a puppy mill because he has very weird neurotic behavior (is terrified of heating vents etc.) and is not very bright, or he may just be an inbreed from an irresponsible breeder. He has also bitten my niece twice. The other one is a much nicer size, temperment, and personality but he started getting mild seizures after a while. He and my sister in law got them both at a pet shop, which isn't good, but they'res nothing you can really do about it. Not buying from them isn't going to stop the puppy mills. I wouldn't do it, but I don't look down on them for doing so. Sometimes you can get a really good dog from a pet shop for a low price, which they did with one, but it's not always so lucky.

The only way to really stop puppy mills is the educate the public, so that they are insensed by it, and it will be cut down on and gradually become a thing of the past. You can't prescribe legislation to deal with it, because for one they don't really care and they can't really catch people. My sister bought her first dog from what was supposed to be a respected breeder, and when it was peeing all over the house and she realized she couldn't have a dog, she went to go return it and saw absolute horror. It was a disgusting, filthy puppy mill and had very unsafe and cruel conditions. She reported it but the law didn't even take immediate action.

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    I don't think the dog breeders that breed for these show rings are the norm.

A lot of dogs are bred for the pet market can be just as cruel in a different way. They use to call these operations puppy mills. The small toy breeds seem to be popular for the puppy mills as they don't take as much food and space.

I cannot emphasize the difference in responsible breeders compared to people who are just creating freaks. As with everything else people should have responsibility for their actions. A true dog lover would not want to breed these freaks or run a puppy mill.

There is nothing wrong with selective breeding in domestic animals. We breed horses to run faster, jump higher, or pull more weight. Same goes with hogs, cattle and other farm livestock. The difference is most people who breed livestock care about the end result and carrying on the breed.

The thing is as preservationist we cannot get carried away with believing all mixed breeding is good. The AKC is not a good example of controlled breeding. When things are taken to far the leftist use it as a propaganda tool against us. Here is a example.....

Wrong Meeting
    I HATE PETA. HATE HATE HATE THEM. There is nothing wrong with breeding pure dogs, however; there are issues when dogs are bred from the same family because they lose their intelligence and gain deformities. The breeds of dogs that get their tails docked have to have it done sometimes because their tails grow in deformed. I disagree with forming their ears and doing things to them for aesthetics. Dog farming is extremely wrong given the pain that the dogs go through and the horrible conditions. I really want to rant about PETA now
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    When dogs are bred in the same family it is called line breeding, it should only be done very, very selectively. Most people who do that out breed for two generations then line breed one. In humans that would be like third cousins. Of course you can trace any breed back to the foundation stock and they are all related otherwise they would not be a breed.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 07:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    European-American, mostly Germanic
    Subrace
    Reduced Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    single adult
    Occupation
    College student
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This may suprise some, but I am actually against the breeding of pit bulls. I don't think they should be gassed, but just think there should be legislation that prohibits them being bred, even with other types. There have been so many people in my area seriously injured by pit bulls and it is really sad. It is a vicious breed, and their temperment is predetermined by their genes, you can absolutely never trust them, no matter how well trained they are. There should be legislation to prevent people from having pit bulls just like there should be legislation preventing them from owning dangerous, exotic animals like lions or bears.

Other agressive breeds like Rottweilers and Dobermans are also dangerous, but not in the way pit bulls are because they have been bred for other purposes too. Pit bulls were bred purely for fighting. I had a dog that was part doberman and she was very protective of the family, but could always be trusted with young family members, and was certainly not as vicious as a pit bull even when strangers were around.

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 11:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Well, a pure pit bull is not that dangerous per se, in that case it mostly depends on the owner. Fighting dogs are generally bred to not be too aggressive against humans whereas guard dogs are. It's when you mix pit bulls with guard dogs like Dobermans that you get serious problems, aggression towards humans combined with the pit bull's gameness.

So, as I see it, the real danger with pit bulls lies in the possibility of mixing these properties.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Reduced Borreby
    Country
    Family
    single adult
    Occupation
    College student
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    Well, a pure pit bull is not that dangerous per se, in that case it mostly depends on the owner. Fighting dogs are generally bred to not be too aggressive against humans whereas guard dogs are. It's when you mix pit bulls with guard dogs like Dobermans that you get serious problems, aggression towards humans combined with the pit bull's gameness.
    Well, I'm not sure about that because if you look at the statistics pit bulls have attacked humans more than any other breed. I've never seen a news story where a rotty or dobby attacked an infant or somebody walking by on the street. Rottys and dobbys are intelligent and can be trained, pit bulls just attack people because they are so agressive and won't give up a fight, it doesn't matter if they weren't bred to be agressive against people. Pit bulls also have a way of biting that is more fatal if you get attacked.

Rottys and dobbys also make excellent and safer guard dogs when cross bred with a lab or other mild tempered type.

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

So, as I see it, the real danger with pit bulls lies in the possibility of mixing these properties.
    Pit bulls become aggressive due to how they are treated, and what they are fed. People tend to feed their dogs raw meat and blood to make them vicious for fighting. I have also read that pit bulls become aggressive as they age because their brain swells in their head.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 11:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty goddess View Post
    Well, I'm not sure about that because if you look at the statistics pit bulls have attacked humans more than any other breed. I've never seen a news story where a rotty or dobby attacked an infant or somebody walking by on the street. Rottys and dobbys are intelligent and can be trained, pit bulls just attack people because they are so agressive and dumb, it doesn't matter if they weren't bred to be agressive against people. Pit bulls also have a way of biting that is more fatal if you get attacked.
    Maybe, but I bet that a rottweiler-pit bull mix invariably becomes a pit bull in the media.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Reduced Borreby
    Country
    Family
    single adult
    Occupation
    College student
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Maybe, but I bet that a rottweiler-pit bull mix invariably becomes a pit bull in the media.
    Nah, they look like pit bulls. I've been around many rottys and they are questionable and have to be well trained but they are not even close to a pit bull in temperment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12