Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The UK saved Scotland from nazi domination. I hope those who vote to break up the UK enjoy living under the yoke of their new EUCCP masters on the continent.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 03:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I was always under the impression that Scotland was one of the last places where white people live relatively free from the multiculturalism that has been forced upon so many of us, but I just read that they are flooding even Scotland now with non-white foreigners, attempting to demographically destroy it and its proud people.

There seems to be many Scots who are inherently very nationalistic, so Scotland probably has the potential to fight for itself given the opportunity to do so, and if an independent Scotland could better protect itself from becoming a multicultural mess the way England has, then I think they should have the right to be independent.

Aka GermanischerAdler Herefugol's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, November 13th, 2016 @ 07:06 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany, Norway
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freja_se View Post
    I was always under the impression that Scotland was one of the last places where white people live relatively free from the multiculturalism that has been forced upon so many of us, but I just read that they are flooding even Scotland now with non-white foreigners, attempting to demographically destroy it and its proud people.

There seems to be many Scots who are inherently very nationalistic, so Scotland probably has the potential to fight for itself given the opportunity to do so, and if an independent Scotland could better protect itself from becoming a multicultural mess the way England has, then I think they should have the right to be independent.
    Multiculturalism is everywhere. Even the small towns of Norway can't escape it (complete with large graffiti saying "fuck white people! Black power" in a town of about 2,000).

However, at least compared to nearby countries, I found Scotland surprisingly Scottish. Edinburgh has quite a few non-Western university students, but they don't seem to be (for the most part) permanent.

I can't believe how Scottish Glasgow still is, considering it's the third largest city in the UK. Refreshing! I think most immigrants tend to flock to England, where they see more opportunity.

I worry that if Scotland becomes independent, it will become more obvious and draw people that see new opportunity in an apparently new nation. On the other hand, a nationalist Scotland may be vehemently defensive of its new statehood. So, maybe it could go either way.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freja_se View Post
    Well I hope you are not betting on the SNP to do that. Since they have calms about putting forward people who are not even of European decent forward as candidates. And since they seem to be the main political expression of Scottish nationalism that does not spell much good.

In 2007 Bashir Ahmad, who has died of a heart attack aged 68, became the first Asian and first Muslim member of the Scottish parliament when he was elected one of the four SNP regional members representing Glasgow. He was also one of the foremost campaigners for Scottish independence and a successful businessman and restaurant owner.

(...)
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 03:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GroeneWolf View Post
    Well I hope you are not betting on the SNP to do that. Since they have calms about putting forward people who are not even of European decent forward as candidates.

There are probably parties that are controlled dissent there, just like everywhere else.

The question is whether or not Scotland has a better chance of getting rid of their multiculturalism on their own, independently, or by being dependent on England -- a country which is not exactly a role model in this regard.

I think Scotland probably still has a chance, as a free country with a true nationalist Scottish party.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanischerAdler View Post

However, at least compared to nearby countries, I found Scotland surprisingly Scottish. Edinburgh has quite a few non-Western university students, but they don't seem to be (for the most part) permanent.

I can't believe how Scottish Glasgow still is, considering it's the third largest city in the UK. Refreshing!
    Well, that is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanischerAdler View Post

I think most immigrants tend to flock to England, where they see more opportunity.
    England probably has the same reputation as Sweden among immigrants, that it is easy to establish oneself there among all the other foreign opportunists living there already, and easy to use the system.

Last Online
    Friday, December 16th, 2011 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Englisc
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Rune maker
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Not all of england is multi-cultural, only the cities. Ive not seen a foreign national for months where i live other than tourists.
    As for scottish independance they will get it eventually but will have to sacrifice a lot of good things due to the loss in tax revenue.

Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm interested in this, but not because I think Scotland will be saved from multiculturalism if they are to be independent, because that isn't the reason they want independence, and the SNP can't even be classified as a 'Cultural Nationalist' party. Sure they talk about Scottish identity, but unlike the the Front National, Danish People's Party, Geert Wilders etc I don't think they have any concern about immigration or Islam. SNP are merely a seperatist party and about as nationalistic as the neocons in the Republican Party of the US.

No, the reason I am interested is because it will create a quite historic shift in one of the most notable countries of the world, the United Kingdom. I want to see what happens to the sense of 'Britishness' which has been around for so long, and if English and Scottish people will become more interested in English and Scottish history and culture respectively, and so on. I want to see what happens to the oh-so-famous Union Flag, which has been existing in a quite similar form since 1603, and is no doubt one of the most recognisable symbols on earth. Taking the blue out of that will change the flag drastically. And I just have this feeling that when the Union Flag does change drastically, some sort of historic shift must take place with it, beyond just that Scotland becomes politically independent. But I might just be hoping for too much...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    19 Hours Ago @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Perhaps it's more true to the Scottish dialect

Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    Why do both prominent Scottish separatist threads have an annoying misspelling of 'independent/independence' in the title? Is this some kind of breakaway rebel language that deliberately corrupts an unwanted foreign tongue as part of a wider, all-pervasive cultural defiance, or is it just an annoying misspelling of independent/independence?
    What's your take on 'Self-standing' for a change?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast