Thread: Thoughts on Suicide?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Grandparrents Faroese, now live in germany
    Ancestry
    My grandparrents on mother side where faroese, my father was born in munich,
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Heilerziehuingspfleger
    Politics
    no party affiliation
    Religion
    germanic heathen norse
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thoughts on Suicide?

What are skadis gerneral thoughts on suicide ? The cowards way out ? The heros way out ? Before anyone asks, no, i am not suicidal ! But i had some very fascinating discussions about the subject so i was interested how you people think about it. I will post my insights a little later, i dont want to influence you too much
    There won't be humans in 500 years. Enough people choke themselves when they jerk off we gave it a name. We ain't a species made to last.

Judging by it´s name common sense must once have been a pretty common thing. When and why did that change, so it became the rare treasure it is today???

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I would examine suicide on a case-by-case basis. My father committed suicide when I was 15; he was a bipolar alcoholic who had nearly a dozen suicide attempts on record before finally succeeding. In his case it is hard to say whether these attempts were cries for help (he seemed to go out of his way to create circumstances where he would be found in time) or if he sincerely wanted to opt out of life. These episodes would come during low points that were entirely of his making, and would invariably be done while intoxicated. The alcoholism, mental issues, penchant for violence and volatile temperment, and inability to hold down a job due to some combination of the latter had a seriously detrimental effect on the lives of myself, my mother, and our extended family. When he topped himself, he left us in a huge mess that he was too much of a lost cause to deal with himself, so I think the coward option applies nicely in this case.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 09:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English-American
    Ancestry
    English/England
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Occupation
    student
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Usually someone who commits suicide is very unhappy.

I feel terrible for anyone in that situation
    Proud to be Germanic.

Even though my ancestry is English, Germany is my favorite country.

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 05:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I already related this story in another thread but I will share it here also:

Evidence emerged after the Waco massacre in 1993 that many of the besieged committed suicide during those last fiery moments. If you recall the entire compound went up in flames in a matter of seconds. Afterward the media accused them of having taken the cowards way out. They were immediately shut up when one of the survivors explained that the reason they killed themselves was because they were burning alive. The flames trapped them so quickly that the people inside, including numerous children, had no chance of escape. Many of those who committed suicide turned the guns on some of the children first in order to prevent them from suffering. Sadly, most of them weren't so lucky.

This to me is a good example of when suicide is a necessary thing without having the stigma attached.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'm kind of undecided on this issue.

I don't think suicide should have a stigma. I guess our current taboo on suicide is a result of bourgeois-Christian morality, while the pagan Germanics and Romans didn't have those feelings. It used to be viewed as a honorable way out, while dying of old age in your bed was a disgrace.

Still, it's obviously tragic for the family of the person who kills himself. Especially if he or she is a healthy person who has all reasons to live. I'm really sorry about your loss, Loyalist.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Alpine, Borreby & West Baltid
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyalist View Post
    I would examine suicide on a case-by-case basis.
    I agree completely. Look at Hitler - rather than being promenaded about and letting the liberal allies make a pony show of his trials, he kept some dignity and honor even in his defeat. Of course, this is only my opinion, but it's how I feel.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Heilerziehuingspfleger
    Politics
    no party affiliation
    Religion
    germanic heathen norse
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well then let me share the story of a very good friend since my childhood. He was depressed for many years to the point he got suicidal. But what stopped him from actually doing it was am immense fear of dying. He had aquired quite an interesting collection of ways to kill himself (and i dont want to know where he got some of the stuff, he even had cyanide capsules and phenobarbital, which is used to euthanize animals). He also had a whole collection of books, you wouldnt believe what you can get your hands on if you are determined enough like spreadsheets from actual henchmen with bodyweight and drophight to secure breaking the neck without decapitation (apparently that happened quite a lot in earlier days ).
    Then one day his attitude seemed quite changed. His depression seemed gone, I kinew this is a warning sign in people with suicidal tendencies, so i wanted to talk to him as quick as possible. We had a conversation that blew my mind, and is the reasaon i started this thread. He explained to me he has finally overcome his fear of death and made an interesting discovery. Once you have overcome your fear of death and are ready to take your life at any point you choose life signifficantly changes. He can do now whatever he wants, without much conseuquences. Too dangerous ? Who cares, its not like you want to live anyway. Debt at the bank ? Who cares, its not like i am artound to actually have to pay for all that. It opens you up to experiences a normal person would really have trouble to have for fear of consequences. Unprotected sex ? As if any std has the potential to scare you. Drugs ? Who cares if i get hooked and OD has also lost all its horrors. Basejumping or any other adrenalin junkie sport ? Why not. He is actively planning a tour through afghanistan. I have never see him happier. He says if he is evert in a situation where he feels he fucked up enough he will finally end his life. I frind that a strangely alluring philosophy
    There won't be humans in 500 years. Enough people choke themselves when they jerk off we gave it a name. We ain't a species made to last.

Judging by it´s name common sense must once have been a pretty common thing. When and why did that change, so it became the rare treasure it is today???

Senior Member OutlawsnUnderdogs's Avatar
    Last Online
    Friday, April 20th, 2012 @ 04:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    england
    Country
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Artist
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You are not truly living if you fear death.... We are all born slowly dying and not one of us knows if we will be here tomorrow, seems to me the thing to worry about is not taking chances and truly living...

A quote from a movie that has stuck with me....

"The great father rolled the skein of your life a long time ago, go and hide in a hole if you must, but you will not live one instant longer"

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Heilerziehuingspfleger
    Politics
    no party affiliation
    Religion
    germanic heathen norse
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    this is more then just having no fear of death, its also being ready to take your own life at any time you choose, and not really planning to stay around too much longer. Only together that philosophy really works

Last Online
    Thursday, August 22nd, 2019 @ 09:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    American of Northwestern European descent
    Ancestry
    Ireland, Sweden, Colonial America, Luxemburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    You're not human if you don't fear death. If instead we were able to not fear death, as philosophical posturers claim, one would have no problem walking into a ghetto with KKK/Nazi/anti-black insignia. You may call that person enlightened; I call them a fool. It's a basic survival instinct to fear death.

Suicide, with obvious exceptions like those in the Waco massacre per Ronan, is invariably an act of selfishness and irresponsibility. It deserves to be condemned.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanley For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast