SORRY BY THE LATE! I promised I'd talk about enclaves in my country, and I stand my word Hope you like it, because it still continues. I haven't got much time, but I'll try to post as soon as possible again. Enjoy, bitte !

Foaming Happiness

After WWII, German immigration to Argentina started to increase. To the centre of Misiones province (here like State), first families started to come in 1913, families such as Gradenecker, Braun, Fellemeier, Murner, Rudel, Kurle, Kastner, Schartzwelcer y Rehe Unfuhrer, even thought more families joined to this new colony: Lohr, Ruff, Ulrich, Machnau, Diedrich, Bauer, Schuster, Vasse Rocholl, Tiemann, Kurtz, Waller, Holl, Baetke, Kaechele, Hierhelzer, Hartwig, Joerg, Dietrich, Fischer, Blasig, Haus, Westfahller, Faust, Fried,Wintersinger, Schellbach, Finke, Hasstrasser, Bruner, Singer, Werner, Mathei, Endrich y Biechteler.

The Western zone of the city of “Oberá” was chosen by germans to live in, near to the Nordic immigrants community. Their main work was in the farms. Their relationship with Swedish, Italian, Japanese, Ukrainian and Polish neighbors was very good, and they also used to share celebrations together.
The German community in Misiones represents the living in the farm life-style, and the Teutonic spirit make every single celebration glad with its catchy music that joins accordions, trumpets and clarinets, these last essentials in every German Orchestra. So melodies such as Polkas and Waltzes became very popular in the whole zone.

German male enclaves here use to wear clothes such white shirts, shorts to the knees, decorated handles, white socks with red pompoms on the knees and street shoes. The wearing is usually finished with a hat with a feather on it.
Women, by their side, like to wear colorful blouses embroidered with a wide and long skirt. Hats decorated with fresh or dried flowers beauty their golden hair.

Historical review

1910 year is about to end, and first German enclaves start to arrive the country. When they felt the need of a collectivity, they founded it, in the will of keeping their tradition and looking forward to remain their origin. So, together with other collectivities, the Immigrant National Fest, which still continues.

Since 1990, appears a promoter commission whose main objectives were:
- Reset Typical House Park of Nations, conclude and manage it.
- Protect the historic heritage of the German community.
- Promote and keep their customs and traditions, as well as the language.

Following this example, it convened a General Assembly on October 3, 1990, coinciding with the Day of German Unification through the fall of the Berlin Wall and under that concept of unity, leaving the new entity formed German community called Misiones - Park of Nations, whose first president was Mr. Arthur Gradeneker.

On October 3, 1991, was officially inaugurated the Typical House Park of Nations. In the following years, it was thought in extending the house because it was too small to gather so many people that came to enjoy the various events that took place. Thus, on 9 December 1995, opens with a party, which took place in this new “Biergarten”.

In the year 1999 and within the framework of the XX National Immigrant Festival, held the first exhibition of antique items brought by immigrants such as: Letters, articles, photographs, books, etc., which gave to the idea of a permanent museum on the top floor of the House Typical.

At the present, the German community has over 250 members and has a stable group of dances presented on stage most of the festival every year.

TO BE CONTINUED...