Visual art student
    Politics
    Commienazi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Blood and Soil Thread

I’m reading Anna Bramwell’s book Blood and Soil right now, and got me thinking. It’s an interesting little book, about eco-politics and especially the Nazi green leader Walther Darré. Methinks the whole Blood and Soil idea deserves its own thread. So here’s one!

Darré was a radical green eco-Nazi (if that’s a word! ). To him, the peasants were the core of the German nation, and the most important thing was their organic link to the German soil. Bramwell’s book describes him as a racial tribalist. He was for organic farming and eugenics. He was against liberalism, Christianity, capitalism and mass urbanization, which was a big threat to the environment. Supposedly the goal was to re-create a healthy peasant population as Germany’s natural core, where the farmers would form a kind of rural aristocracy in the end.
    I like many of Walther Darré’s green ideas, being a nature-appreciating urban girl myself . The book says that his ethnocentrism was more of a “white is beautiful” thing, not really different from our modern-day minority pride movements. He cared a lot about the German people but wasn’t an imperialist whacko, and never wanted a pan-European slave empire like other Nazis did. Shame that cooler heads like him didn’t prevail in Germany.

It's a really interesting philosophy, IMO. I completely agree that each ethnic group is linked to its soil. Now that I think about it, our climate and land has actually a HUGE impact on us. Environment really shapes our "ethnic soul" in a way.

This is just an idea I had:

It's not a coincidence that environmentalism and "green politics" are from Northern Europe. We have a beautiful nature, lots of islands and snowy mountains and green forests, so our culture teaches us to appreciate nature and live in harmony with it. Our harmonious approach to nature is caused by the nature itself. (The Japanese have a similar climate, so their attitude is pretty much the same.) It's a real part of our soul, this love of being in the wilderness for its own sake.
    Then there's the desert people who come from an ugly and harsh environment. These groups view the land as an enemy, 'cause they have to squeeze as much as possible from the land to survive. This category would be the Jews, Muslims, and also whites like Texans, who just view the planet as a dead thing to be exploited. And act accordingly.

Anyways, what's your thoughts on this? Let's hear it....

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vengeance View Post
    Shame that cooler heads like him didn’t prevail in Germany.
    He didn't "prevail" because he was ill.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 08:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,116 Posts
    Then there's the desert people who come from an ugly and harsh environment. These groups view the land as an enemy, 'cause they have to squeeze as much as possible from the land to survive. This category would be the Jews, Muslims, and also whites like Texans, who just view the planet as a dead thing to be exploited. And act accordingly.

Anyways, what's your thoughts on this? Let's hear it....
    Some interesting points you raise there, Lady V, and this might well become a good thread!

My only thought so far is that there are some Texans on here who you'll be hearing from very soon

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    GPWW
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vengeance View Post
    I’m reading Anna Bramwell’s book Blood and Soil right now, and got me thinking. It’s an interesting little book, about eco-politics and especially the Nazi green leader Walther Darré. Methinks the whole Blood and Soil idea deserves it’s own thread. So here’s one!

Darré was a radical green eco-Nazi (if that’s a word! ).
    Nonetheless an interesting mix and biography.
    He was 3/4 German-French (Huguenot), 1/4 Swedish.
    His last name is clearly French.
    Darré was born in Belgrano[1] a Buenos Aires neighbourhood, in Argentina to Richard Oscar Darré, a German with Huguenot ancestry, (born 10 March 1854, Berlin; died 20 February 1929, Wiesbaden)[2][3] and the half-Swedish/half-German Emilia Berta Eleonore, née Lagergren (born 23 July 1872, Buenos Aires; died 20 July 1936, Bad Pyrmont).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Walther_Darr%C3%A9

Darré speaking at a Reichsnährstand assembly in Goslar, 1937

The two books by him:
    His two main writings were Das Bauerntum als Lebensquell der nordischen Rasse (1928) and Neuadel aus Blut und Boden (1934), translated into English as "The Peasantry as Life Source of the Nordic Race" and "A New Nobility of Blood and Soil" respectively.

* Peasantry as Life-Source of the German Race (1928)
    * New Nobility from Blood and Soil (1934)

Last Online
    Friday, December 28th, 2018 @ 07:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I have Darré's book(s) I haven't gotten round to reading them yet though, although I did have small extracts in English which made me want to go after the full originals. They aren't availible in English yet but I plan to change that . I've wanted Bramwell's Blood and Soil but I've not been able to find it for a reasonable price yet despite occasional searches for a year or so (maybe you got lucky? ).

She also has a later history of 'green' politics (The Fading of the Greens) which I have (and haven't read either... I'm so lazy) and which usually goes for cheaper, which is about the decline of Green politics since 1945... (which seems a little odd, considering the revival which was going strong even as she published that book (1994)). She apparently complains about the 'hijacking' of the 'green' movement by 'progressive causes' (you know... also she takes issue with hardcore 'animal rights vegans' such as Singer, which is good IMO) who care more about promoting those causes than saving the planet in that book.

Generally, writers in the 'nordic thought' school (in which Darré is often included), of whom the 'nordic aryan godpeople' trope entered Nazism and is all that's left in meme-space, were quite more 'laid back' and liberal (one amazon reviewer of blood and soil states that they clamed the Nazis behaved like mediterranians ). Regarding Darré, it's been said that while his ideas were ameniable to Nazism, an agrarian-nordic state wasn't realisable alongside the need for industrialism to power the war machine for WWII and so he had limited actual influence. So, while it might be a nice idea, and maybe we can say 'if only... more level headed types had been in charge', you also could consider that if Germany had been run by a school of Nordicistic tree-hugging hippie racists then it would have been easy for Stalin to come a long and take it in the end anyway...

Interestingly too, Madison Grant, who was an american nordicist (and presidential candidate) of the early 1900's & who influenced some Nazi views, was also a conservationist and helped found some of the first national parks in the USA. There's another interesting book about that too, and I would very much like to buy it and not read it as well . (you can get a decent 'flavour' of some of those books by some of the excellent reviews, though).
    There's also a recent book How Green were the Nazis? which covers some similar ground, and which I got at my local chain bookseller, no less (recently, so I've an excuse for not having read that one either ).

Anyway, a re-marriage of Green-ism with 'nationalistic' ideas is long overdue (this is sometimes called 'Dark Green' politics, which I like very much! ). I noticed in the last Euro-elections some candidates for election for the BNP were recent converts from the Green party. IMO it makes perfect sense and I would think of the 'green' movement as very much ripe for the picking when it comes to conversion. Likewise, many 'conservatives' have an attachment to the countryside and country life as part of national culture. In Britain, 'Conservative' support tends to be in rural areas, while 'progressives' (which includes the 'greens') come from urban areas. IMO both are a large core of potential nationalists waiting to be converted to the Dark side

anywea, I've just finished reading a 1994 treatise on the world state-of-affairs by James Goldsmith (ironically, an international Jew capitalist and philanderer who made billions in hostile corporate raiding ) where he sets out his political views ahead of running as a eurosceptic (he got elected in france, but tried in britain a bit later and failed). His comments on how society have developed in a negative way sounded like something a 'blut und boden'-ist might agree with, and his idea being that it comes from christianity (desert j00 religion ) also is similar to what you say at the end of your post, so I'll just chuck in some bitesize quotes from that .

re. the 'urbanisation' of european populations and the social problems resultant.
    You face a difficult problem in converting the British to these ideas. Britain has a long traadition of almost unconditional belief in free trade.
    The origin of Britain's belief in free trade goes back to the early nineteenth century. It was in Britain, at that time, that the Industrial Revolution was born. The new industrial barons, whose power was growing in step with the expansion of British industry, needed ample and low-cost labour to populate their factories. The idea was that by importing cheap food from the colonies, British farms would be unable to compete. This would result in an exodus of farm workers to the cities. At that time, 80% of the British population lived outside urban areas. Once the farmers who had lost their livelihood reached the towns, they could be employed cheaply because cheap food was available from the colonies.
    It is extraordinary to read economists commenting on the state of the nation. They believe that the profits of large corporations and the level of the stock markets are a reliable guide to the health of society.
    What impact do you think the forced immigration of Africans has had on the character of America?
    I agree with James Madison's conclusions. You cannot tear away from people their culture, heritage and identity without provoking terrible reaction. Prior to the arrival of African Americans, America's immigrant population seemed likely to develop into a nation...

What will be the consequences of these changes?
    This radical transformation of the population of America has taken place with incredible speed. There has been large-scale legal as well as illegal immigration. What is more, the immigrant peoples, once installed, have a higher birth-rate...
    ... Whatever the outcome of this extraordinary and grand experiment, it will be impossible to avoid social torment. The destabilization and in some cases social breakdown of the cities, the multi-ethnic, multi-tounged population, the rapid geographic mobility which has resulted in uprooted nuclear or broken families, have all contributed to widespread disorientation...
    The principal purpose of Europe's defence must be to protect Europe's vital interests and, more particularly, to defend its territory against military or uncontrolled invasion. It should not pursue neo-colonial expeditions under the guise of humanitarian aid, whose real purpose is often to help some western politician's career at home.
    What do you mean by uncontrolled invasion?
    I mean immigration on a scale which cannot be integrated.
    The Eurocrats still believe that people must move to jobs, and not jobs to people. This confirms their deep ignorance of how societies function. In a stable society, all members of a family together with their friends and neighbours create a public opinion which guides the behaviour of children as they grow up to take their place in society. But if, to find work, the mother, father and children are forced to move, the influences that help to educate the children are transformed. The elders who have been left behind regroup into special retirement cities. Often the responsibility for shaping a child's values is transferred to schools which themselves are in deep moral crisis. The children become anonymous members of impersonal communities, with no relatives to take the plaec of parents who are out at work. In particularly severe cases, when families break down the children seek surrogate families in urban gangs.
    A true city is not an encampment for transient visitors, nor a complex of motorways, nor an ephemeral agglomoreration of living quarters. It is a long-standing human settlement, a community spanning generations, a complex social organization inspiring commitment and pride.
    To understand the behaviour and achievements of modern western society, we must start by studying its culture. Its religion, principally, is based on the premise that there is one God, the Creator, and that man is made in His image; that man and man alone is the personification of God on earth; that man is set apart from and is placed in a priviliges position relative to all other forms of life. Nature, we believe, has been placed at man's disposal. This is quite different from the religious outlook of primal peoples...
    ... Marx and Lenin rejected spiritual values and placed their entire trust in science and technology. Marxism feels free to exploit nature, without limit, in the service of man.
    we can add 'conservative' quotes re. urbanisation sucking workers into cities and laying waste to all from early 1900s Germans eg SPengler:
    "Long ago the country bore the country-town and nourished it with her best blood. Now the giant city sucks the country dry, insatiably and incessantly demanding and devouring fresh streams of men, till it wearies and dies in the midst of an almost uninhabited waste of country."
    ~ today we can add that, having sucked everything out of the countryside (and throwing the people onto the dumps stripped of their culture as 'chavs' to be hated and replaced by 'better' immigrants), the giant (international crapitalist) cities are sucking the whole world dry (massive immigration). The solution? blood and soil-ism

why are greens and conservatives good candidates for co-option in nationalism? because the latter are still attached to the 'soil' as personification of their country (increasingly, they contrast it with despair with the ever-growing multicultural tumour-cities), and the former want to look after the environment, yet out whole system of debt-crapitalism which is dependant on eternal 'growth' economically makes that impossible (and encorages mass immigration). A localistic 'blood and soil' restructuring of society and society's aims makes perfect sense. I think it's a very powerful argument to bring up to anyone. A lot better then 'dem niggaz been doin crime aguhnn', anyway.

enough rambling from me (until I actually read some of the stuff I've talked about above!)

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 10:29 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish/Norwegian/Swedish
    Ancestry
    Norwegian, Swedish, Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    semi-mystical concepts of nature
    Religion
    primal Nordic darkness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When I first "discovered" Darre I was enthralled, here was a guy who believed in everything I had always held dear, ever since I began Boy Scouts. He has been a major influence on me, one of the main reasons I am studying archaeology and ecology right now.
    May my failures be my own, may my victories be for my folk

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 06:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renwein View Post
    They aren't availible in English yet but I plan to change that .
    If you need any help with that, tell us and we'll see what we can do from the experience as a German native speaker who spent over seven years in the Anglosphere and who composes many of his writings in English to begin with.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 10:29 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish/Norwegian/Swedish
    Ancestry
    Norwegian, Swedish, Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    semi-mystical concepts of nature
    Religion
    primal Nordic darkness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    translate those books!!!!
    May my failures be my own, may my victories be for my folk

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 02:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vengeance
    It's not a coincidence that environmentalism and "green politics" are from Northern Europe. We have a beautiful nature, lots of islands and snowy mountains and green forests, so our culture teaches us to appreciate nature and live in harmony with it. Our harmonious approach to nature is caused by the nature itself. (The Japanese have a similar climate, so their attitude is pretty much the same.) It's a real part of our soul, this love of being in the wilderness for its own sake.
    This is quite similar to the way some Japanese view the differences between Japanese and Westerners. Westerners are seen to come from a harsh 'desert culture' where nature is seen as hostile, as an enemy to be overcome, harnessed, and exploited, while Japanese are seen to come from a softer, more nature-inclined 'meadow culture' where Japanese see themselves as living in harmony with nature and the natural order. Interesting parallels.

In previous generations, Anglo-Saxons and other Germanic peoples in the New World would have mostly seen nature as an obstacle to be overcome and exploited, thus laying the foundations of material wealth and material progress.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast