Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindefense
    Populations are regulated by the available food supply which among Nations is a constant meaning that for one people to increase theirs, another people shall suffer a decrease in theirs.

It is a need, but the right conclusion was to stem the birth rate to a sustainable level congruent with the available output of food within the territory. To do otherwise, to expand outward into already occupied lands (which is an ignorance not particular to Germans) is to violate that same need in others.
    I find it time and again interesting that while you support "darwinism" against Germany and we simply have to take the consequences (ie Britain lets us starve, not out of need but out of simple lust for destruction), you expect us to respect all other's needs and desires and give up valid demands and needs of ourselves in order not to violate some imagined "right" of theirs. Why is this?

It is a need, but the right conclusion was to stem the birth rate to a sustainable level congruent with the available output of food within the territory.
    The Versailles Treaty stole more than a 3d of our territory. Our population was perfectly suitable for this original territory. But you seem to support, again, the French guy who said that there are 20mio Germans too much and so, like in the Russian Holodomer, brought about famine and war upon Germany in order "to correct that".

The east "expansion" was for the most parts simply a retaking of anyway German territory. We built the cities, we ran the farms and fields, we cultivated the land. The Versailles Treaty stole that land, and suddenly the illegal occupants have some imagined "right" to our land and we are expected to reduce our birthrates (European heartland German(ic)s were the only people ever in history who never overreproduced over the sustainable level, which cant be said of the Anglo-Sphere though) in order not to violate that nonexisting right?

And so whether we consider a thing right or not, we witness everywhere the truth that unsustainable growth is prohibited to endure and all gains that arise from such are only temporal.
    It's not we who reproduce endlessly. The Slavs and Poles in our lands bred themselves to unsustainable levels and stole one bit of our lands after another. Why dont you go and tell them to stop breeding like rabbits? Or the maybe the Africans, who account for 90% of the trippled world population during the past 40 years? No, of course not. Let the evil Germans rather rot, as has become the most beloved hobby of all other countries in the world including our alleged brother nations to bash and bash and bash us endlessly until we hopefully die out
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    they destroyed more forests than probably any other people on earth with the burning off technique they used as most of that desert we have today was forested

First I have heard of that

Do you have anything to support it?
    Our beauty is our power, our strength. We can’t allow them to change us, to lessen us. I will never grant them that satisfaction, and neither should you!

White Oleander

Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Velvet, could you take your Germany and WW2 debate to another thread? I realize this is a favorite topic of yours, but I'm not sure it belongs here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Aesthete View Post

I suppose the aboriginals used "slash and burn" farming in Australia, which is practiced by most of the primitive cultures (this is also how the negroes turned Haiti into a wasteland). It's when they burn down a forested area, use the fertile ash-filled soil to plant seeds, and after the harvest is over, they do the same to another forested area. In a few generations, the entire land has become a desert.

In other words, they're not a people who care about their environment a lot. Contrast them with North European cultures who made sure to re-plant trees whenever they cut down timber.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Why is this?
    He somehow must think that something as shifting as state borders is somehow a firm destiny for the people encaged in it, yet, he lives on a colonized continent, funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Odalman View Post
    Velvet, could you take your Germany and WW2 debate to another thread? I realize this is a favorite topic of yours, but I'm not sure it belongs here.
    This war was lead by Germany exactly for Blood and Soil, how is this not on topic?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The point about religion and soil was really interesting, it got me thinking.

In the pagan religions that grew in the European environment, they saw nature as a sacred thing. They could see the creator in the creation, to put it that way. Sure, they hunted animals and used what they needed to survive, but they always had a deep respect for the environment.

Someone else made the point that Christianity has a very anthropocentric view, encouraging the humans to exploit nature however they want. I think this was, in many ways, a reaction against the "nature worship" that existed in European paganism that the Church was forced to compete against. Also, Christianity is a religion from a harsh desert environment (which has also been pointed out here). Of course there were metaphyical Christian thinkers who loved nature, but I don't think they ever dominated the religion.

Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimodighet View Post
    The point about religion and soil was really interesting, it got me thinking.

In the pagan religions that grew in the European environment, they saw nature as a sacred thing. They could see the creator in the creation, to put it that way. Sure, they hunted animals and used what they needed to survive, but they always had a deep respect for the environment.
    Indeed. They were very skilled at forestry (almost at the level of medieval Japan) and usually re-planted the woods they cut down. Our Germanic ancestors saw themselves as a part of nature, and not above it, even if they plowed and used the soil according to their needs. This organic link is why they lived close to nature. It would be unthinkable for the ancient Germanics to live in an artificial urban environment like the Romans did.

Of course there were metaphysical Christian thinkers who loved nature, but I don't think they ever dominated the religion.
    Yes, there were those deeper Christian thinkers. Swedenborg was one of those, if I remember right. But yes, the "it's our God-given right to rape the environment" mentality has prevailed, especially in the American vulgar brand of Christianity.

I'm not sure how it is with those Boer identitarians who adopt Jewish desert customs, but maybe Stormraaf can explain this further.

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    This war was lead by Germany exactly for Blood and Soil, how is this not on topic?
    WW2 wasn't provoked by Germany. I won't bother responding more to this, since it will only lead to more off-topic yammering.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    WW2 wasn't provoked by Germany.
    I didn't say so. Nevertheless Germany was part of it, and it didn't back down because of Blood and Soil, both has been lost, and Germany knew this would happen.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Back to Boilermaker/weldering
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Aesthete View Post
    they destroyed more forests than probably any other people on earth with the burning off technique they used as most of that desert we have today was forested

nope just the memory's of Documentary's

i had a quick google before work and i didn't find anything

how ever i do know there is a valley out in the "dead" zone that has the only tree's of its type in Australia or possibly the world

http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/plant_info/wollemi_pine

and from what i remember it doesn't like being burnt off unlike the Gum tree that evolved to make use of that happening
    Tasmanian twice the heads!!.......twice the intelligence!?

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    This is an interesting observation. I don't know much about the Boer nationalists, but maybe you could explain how they are Judafying their entire culture?
    Let me first say this: I believe the most extreme radicals in that category form a small peripheral movement, though not a marginalised one. Some Boer-identitarians seem to mix different Semitised spiritual elements with their politics.

While the most superficial manifestations of their spiritual shift is overtly Judaic, I think it's best described as Semitisation instead of Judaification after all, because some of it reminds more of Islam than Judaism. Desert religions both, though, so for the point at hand, the question if an arid environment could have an effect on peoples' group psyche, it matters little.

So to elaborate, radicalised Christian Afrikaners exhibit IMO religious Semitisation through the following behaviour:

• Adopting Hebrew terminology, comparable to what I understand Messianic Judaism to be.
    • Advocating to abide by specifically Old Testament laws as a basis for Afrikaner culture.
    • Distancing themselves from European influences on Christianity, such as replacing the Hellenic with a Judaic basis.
    • Arguing for a theocracy on a level best compared to theocracies in the Arab-Muslim world. There exists a so-called "theocracy committee" attached to a self-styled "volksvergadering" (national assembly), which has in the past acted as an umbrella group for several separatist Afrikaner organisations, who had apparently proposed capital punishment for "blasphemy".
    • Entertaining ideas of a direct mystical connection with Jews. There are for example those who believe things started going bad for us because with the regime change the South African state's relationship with Israel went from positive to negative and South Africans in general are therefor suffering divine wrath from it. Another extreme example of this sort of mysticism would be the "Israelvisie", which is a local manifestation of Christian Identity (i.e. believing they are the "true Israelists", but in some way only "Boers" and not "Afrikaners"... something to do with divine filtering IIRC... weird).

My guess would be that their Semitic mentality exists because they live in an arid wilderness, much like a wandering desert people,
    It was suggested to me via private comment that one reason for the eager identification with the Israelite tribes could be that the gospel of a people surviving an arduous desert journey found resonance. Sounds plausible.

and maybe because the British colonizers represent "modern Europe" in their eyes. Or am I wrong here?
    I think that's a little thin.

I have a theory of my own, which, in short, is that these people had a yearning for an ethnic religion, but would never think of distancing themselves from Christianity, so they came up with rewriting their ethnic identity to fit better with the origins of their religion. To the topic: if true, it would mean the arid environment is not so much to blame.

Some references I used (but in Afrikaans): [1] [2] [3]

Last Online
    Friday, April 13th, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Hyperboria
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Essex Essex
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Alt-Right
    Religion
    Asatru/Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have a pdf copy of "Blood and Soil", and would love to have a hardbound, but it is so hard to find a copy at a reasonable price. My personal philosophy revolves around the natural world. It is natural to be surrounded by like folk (not invasive species), to eat natural foods, and worship the Gods of my native land, that rule over the natural earth.
    We as a folk are the only race that seems to truly care about our environment, if we are gone, those who fill the space won't give two shakes about the Roseate Spoonbill or the Polar Bear. It can be difficult to get those who are on the right to look beyond Neo-Conservatism when they worship at the altar of Ayn Rand. Our people have always been pastoral, our wealth is counted in cattle, not in office space.

Here is a quote from Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead", it disgusts me as much as anything from the left...

"He knew also that he would not think, because everything was clear to him already, because the plan had been set long ago, and because he wanted to laugh.

He tried to consider it. But he forgot. He was looking at the granite...

...He looked at the granite. To be cut, he thought, and made into walls. He looked at a tree. To be split and made into rafters. He looked at a streak of rust on the stone and thought of iron ore under the ground. To be melted and to emerge as girders against the sky.

These rocks, he thought, are here for me; waiting for the drill, the dynamite and my voice; waiting to be split, ripped, pounded, reborn; waiting for the shape my hands will give them."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast