Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Great idea for a thread. I always love these more intellectual topics, even if I sometimes feel a bit lost.

The idea that each group has a link to its soil is definitely true. Like others have said before, us North Europeans (both northwest and northeast) are so nature-loving because of our closeness with our own beautiful environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Odalman View Post
    Religion is probably also affected by blood and soil. This is just an observation I made. The polytheistic religions tend to come from lands with a cooler climate and natural beauty.
    Well, all human tribes started out with polytheism. But it lasted much longer in lands with cooler climates (and Japan is still polytheist today). It's also somewhat true that polytheism is a more fertile ground for intellectual thought, than monotheism is.

(It's also interesting to note that the white colonials who live in arid desert environments, such as the Boers, often subconsciously identify with the Israelite tribes and tend to become deeply Christian).
    Yeah, it's that survivor mentality that the Mormons also have. Good point, though.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    (It's also interesting to note that the white colonials who live in arid desert environments, such as the Boers, often subconsciously identify with the Israelite tribes and tend to become deeply Christian).
    I intended to make this same point, as I've suspected the correlation myself for years. More significant than the fact that most Afrikaners are Christian is the phenomenon that a fair number, most often nationalistic Boer-identitarians resident in what used to be the Boer republics, appear to be deliberately Judaifying their religion, purposefully removing identifiable European influences, aspiring for a theocracy, etc. They appear characteristically Semitic, and they're the descendants of people who had to conquer and tame an arid wild quickly, starting a new relationship with the soil with no prior harmonious tradition with the land to build on.

Of course, correlation doesn't equal causality, but if there's a reason this environment is creating a vulnerability to Semitic memetic intrusion, I'd like to understand exactly why and how, and of course how to counter it. At the moment I can't bring the two ends of the phenomenon quite together.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ...and whites like Texans - lol.

I like the idea that beautiful nature gives a sense of belonging with nature and embedding a sense to protect it. But saying that the desert is harsher than the frigid north would seem to make more selective pressure for desert people to evolve better traits than northern European peoples, and that is obviously not the case. Or maybe it's that our qualities like beauty and planning ahead appeared early on during the end of the last ice age, and since then, nature has not been so much of our enemy. I wouldn't know from a firsthand experience - I'm from Florida where the environment is totally different. Swamps, lakes, humidity, fire ants, palmettos bushes, and beaches.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Back to Boilermaker/weldering
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Environmental management is a good idea rather than the normal "greens"(at least that's what they do here) way of locking everything up and letting no one in to enjoy what they have

Tasmanian twice the heads!!.......twice the intelligence!?

Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosomal Viking View Post
    But saying that the desert is harsher than the frigid north would seem to make more selective pressure for desert people to evolve better traits than northern European peoples, and that is obviously not the case. Or maybe it's that our qualities like beauty and planning ahead appeared early on during the end of the last ice age, and since then, nature has not been so much of our enemy.
    I'm guessing that our ancestors learned to appreciate beauty because of the seasons. They were hardened by long and cold winters, but enjoyed a respite during the spring and summer, when nature bloomed again and life re-emerged.

But the Semites lived in a world of only barren deserts. Every day of every year, sand everywhere. It's enough to make anyone hate the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraaf View Post
    a fair number, most often nationalistic Boer-identitarians resident in what used to be the Boer republics, appear to be deliberately Judaifying their religion, purposefully removing identifiable European influences, aspiring for a theocracy, etc. They appear characteristically Semitic
    This is an interesting observation. I don't know much about the Boer nationalists, but maybe you could explain how they are Judafying their entire culture?

My guess would be that their Semitic mentality exists because they live in an arid wilderness, much like a wandering desert people, and maybe because the British colonizers represent "modern Europe" in their eyes. Or am I wrong here?

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwinson View Post
    Man will indeed find solutions to deal with nature's challenges, but the point is that those required to do so constantly will inevitably become a different breed to those for whom it's a one-off or rare occurrence.
    That different environments breed different life forms is a fundamental wisdom derived from the theory of evolution, nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    One can face Nature's Challenges with either subdueing nature / fighting against nature, or try to "overcome" the challenge with nature.
    My remark was about the geographic location, evidently what you say can be true for all environments.

"Lebensraum" meant different things to different people. For Himmler, it meant colonization and ethnic cleansing in Eastern Europe. For other NS leaders, it simply meant the re-conquest of German lands and restoring the pre-1918 borders (this was the original intention).
    Gibberish, in "Mein Kampf" Hitler makes it specifically clear that restoring some borders of the past, simply for the sake of regaining lost land, can never be the intention of NS.
    For all NS leaders it meant "colonizing".
    In the 1920s Germany by itself could roughly meat 40% of its food demand, thus when the English decided a blockade against Germany, the result was starvation.
    NS wanted to change this, they thought it important for their country to be able to feed itself, and for this land was required, because what was available within the German borders was simply not enough.
    Assimilation of the local population was overlooked by the "Rasseämter" (race bureaus), and "cleansing" of the undesired ones was certainly part of the idea.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Saturday, February 9th, 2019 @ 02:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Japan with its massive population in such a small area, it is home to the world’s largest megacity; Greater Tokyo Area, the population of this urban agglomeration is estimated to be between 35 and 36 million.

The Japanese are still notorious for overfishing

I don’t think the Japanese are to be lauded

From what I have seen I would say most forum members are green, it is a pity those political parties have been hijacked by the radical left in the West.

South Africa’s National Parks were set up by white South Africans and I remember not long ago watching a documentary which mentioned that most wardens were overwhelmingly white.

Australia is the driest continent on earth and the aboriginals here lived in far greater harmony with the environment than pretty much any people I can think of
    Our beauty is our power, our strength. We can’t allow them to change us, to lessen us. I will never grant them that satisfaction, and neither should you!

White Oleander

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Back to Boilermaker/weldering
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Aesthete View Post
    Japan with its massive population in such a small area, it is home to the world’s largest megacity; Greater Tokyo Area, the population of this urban agglomeration is estimated to be between 35 and 36 million.

The Japanese are still notorious for overfishing

I don’t think the Japanese are to be lauded

From what I have seen I would say most forum members are green, it is a pity those political parties have been hijacked by the radical left in the West.

South Africa’s National Parks were set up by white South Africans and I remember not long ago watching a documentary which mentioned that most wardens were overwhelmingly white.

Australia is the driest continent on earth and the aboriginals here lived in far greater harmony with the environment than pretty much any people I can think of
    they destroyed more forests than probably any other people on earth with the burning off technique they used as most of that desert we have today was forested
    Tasmanian twice the heads!!.......twice the intelligence!?

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 @ 11:02 PM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Devoted father & husband
    Politics
    E Pluribus Unum
    Religion
    Ascension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    In the 1920s Germany by itself could roughly meat 40% of its food demand, thus when the English decided a blockade against Germany, the result was starvation.
    Populations are regulated by the available food supply which among Nations is a constant meaning that for one people to increase theirs, another people shall suffer a decrease in theirs.

NS wanted to change this, they thought it important for their country to be able to feed itself,..
    It is a need, but the right conclusion was to stem the birth rate to a sustainable level congruent with the available output of food within the territory. To do otherwise, to expand outward into already occupied lands (which is an ignorance not particular to Germans) is to violate that same need in others.

..and for this land was required, because what was available within the German borders was simply not enough.
    And so whether we consider a thing right or not, we witness everywhere the truth that unsustainable growth is prohibited to endure and all gains that arise from such are only temporal.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindefense View Post
    It is a need, but the right conclusion was to stem the birth rate to a sustainable level congruent with the available output of food within the territory.
    A. Hitler already discussed this in his book. It is ridiculous that something as arbitrary as state borders should determine the fate of a people for the rest of their life, nor is nature kind to its creatures which regulate themselves, mother nature makes the decision here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindefense View Post
    ... and all gains that arise from such are only temporal.
    Only where the population growth couldn't be sustained, or where no "ethnic cleansing" took place. What about the Germanic "Wanderung"?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast