Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why Do Pople Hate Redheads in England? the Redhead Stereotype That Is....

Last Online
    Saturday, December 31st, 2011 @ 01:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My children have the same color (dark red) now late teens...but were ginger when they were small. Just before I moved to the US, i will never forget hearing my son just 5 being teased by another 6 year old for his hair colour. I think it's because kids pick up kids that look different and look in the minority like big ears and big nose, also maybe hearing things on tv and parents saying things against gingers etc... Never forget showing off my son when he was 3 months at my nan's house, and my aunt coming to visit and looking at him and saying you could had chosen better genes, and not had gone for a ginger? yeah that was my aunt for you, but it made me realize how much harder it was/is for a ginger /redhead to be accepted in the UK. My kid's have grown up in California, my son had some minor teasing, but like his sister loves his hair color. My daughter has always called herself a ginger, and wears the badge proudly, she's very attractive, has some freckles, and a california tan (yep not all gingers burn)..my son who's 2 years older grew his confidence from her and also embraces being a stand out from the crowd for his hair color. I think picking on people for being slightly different is very much more of a British thing as a culture, that doesn't let it go into adult hood more so than maybe most countries. (Australia maybe just the same)

Last Online
    Friday, February 24th, 2012 @ 02:07 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Baden-Wurttemberg, Switzerland
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Mississippi Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. People are teased for anything.

Red hair is so eye-catching, one must expect comment.

A number of my friends and family have red hair, here in the US. My girlfriend has very dark auburn hair, with lighter, more obviously auburn highlights. She is the sexiest woman alive.

Furthermore, Thor was a red head, you may recall, and he could kick any of our arses without breaking a sweat.

Last Online
    Monday, September 3rd, 2018 @ 04:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Usually blondes are seen as the best, brunettes trailing second and the redheads along with swarthy Mediterraneans and Slavs as last.
    If the fascination with blondes is their ultra Aryan trait of Halstatt Nordic being mixed with them, then the RedHeads, who also symbolize an ultra Aryan white trait of milky whiteness and green eyes are stil seen as inferior?
    Why?
    Has it something to with their being country folks with little sophistication and not any appreciable intellect?
    No the ultra-White phenotype of red hair, ghost-white skin, green eyes reminds the English of their Celtic foes since the Old Anglo-Saxon days whether it's the Welsh or Irish.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345