conservative/pan Nordish
    Religion
    Mysticism/Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

London is No Longer an English City

London is no longer an English city and that's how it got the Olympics, says John Cleese
    By HUGO GYE

Legendary comedian John Cleese says that London is 'no longer an English city' - and claims that's how the capital landed next year's Olympics.
    He also says he can't return to live in Britain, due to the country's tax laws, and is likely to move to a continental tax haven.
    Mr Cleese, 71, told Australian television that London no longer had a 'parent culture', and said that in some areas it was impossible to find an English person.

Outspoken: John Cleese, pictured with new girlfriend Jennifer Wade, says that he no longer feels at home in London
    He made the comments when promoted his upcoming appearance at the 'Just for Laughs' festival at the Sydney Opera House, to be followed by a stand-up tour of the country in the New Year.
    The Fawlty Towers star has embarked on an international tour, his first stand-up gigs in decades, to pay the alimony owed to his third wife.

During an interview on ABC show 7.30, he was asked for his take on the recent riots, and responded by taking a pot-shot at multiculturalism.
    He said: 'I'm not sure what's going on in Britain - or, let me say this, I don't know what's going on in London.

Performer: Mr Cleese made his comments while promoting his appearance at the Sydney Opera House this week
    'Because London is no longer an English city, and that's how they got the Olympics: they said "We're the most cosmopolitan city ever," but it doesn't feel English.'
    The Monty Python comedian added that visitors to the capital were often bemused by the apparent lack of English people in the city.
    He said: 'I had a Californian friend come over two months ago - he walked down the King's Road and said, "Well where are all the English people?"
    'And I love having different cultures around, but when the parent culture dissipates, you're left thinking, "Well what's going on?"'

Diverse: Areas of London like Whitechapel, pictured, are extremely multicultural
    Mr Cleese's comments - which might be surprising, coming from a prominent supporter of the Liberal Democrats and President Barack Obama - were welcomed by anti-immigration campaigners MigrationWatch.
    Vice-chairman Alp Mehmet told the Daily Express: 'John Cleese is an astute man. London has of course changed hugely in recent years.
    'London is not the city I knew as a child and it saddens me that many of the unwelcome developments have largely been the result of mass and rapid migration.'

Around a third of the population of London was born outside the UK, and over 300 languages are believed to be spoken in the city.

Legend: The veteran funnyman is known for characters such as Basil Fawlty
    Earlier this year, Mr Cleese announced that he would rather live in Bath than the capital, saying 'it feels like the England that I grew up in'.
    However, multiculturalism is not the only reason Mr Cleese no longer lives in the UK.
    Although the 'ruthlessness and cynicism' of America's politics have prompted him to seek a move away, he told The Australian that Britain's tax laws would not allow him to 'try and repair my finances'.
    He hinted that he might settle in Australia, where he is 'genuinely comfortable', but concluded that he would probably end up living in Switzerland or Monaco, where the tax regime is helpful to the super-rich.
    He also criticised Britain's press, calling it 'the worst in the world'.
    Mr Cleese has returned to headlines ever since his divorce from Alyce Faye Eichelberger, whom he has been made to pay more than £12million in alimony.
    He is currently dating jewellery designer Jennifer Wade, who is over 30 years his junior.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1WnToUu1v

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    When i think of English people, i always think of John Cleese. To me, one cannot be more English than him. I also always liked his performances.

Now to hear someone like him say these things about this subject, is a very good thing imo. A lot of people respect John Cleese, he could be a good role model in this.

People say they love diversity, but now they will see more and more that diversity comes with the destruction of the host culture. It's time for those people to learn that they actually don't want diversity at all.
    Bûter, brea en griene tsiis
    Wa't dat net sizze kin is gjin oprjochte Fries!

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 05:01 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Hats off to John Cleese for letting no leaf come before his mouth. He is of course stating the obvious, and perhaps at an age where it can no longer screw up his career, but certainly he is saying something quite truthful. Seeing that he is such a prominent figure, and at the same time could not be linked with "those evil Nationalist" makes it all the more a powerful statement of worry. He is a well-respected man, this will reach many ears!

I have seen some political commentary from him these past few years, and even though I didn't always agree, there was at least some sense in what he said. Including when he said that he'd always thought Michael Palin were the funniest Palin on Earth, but clearly wasn't after McCain selected his running mate.

Anyhow, of course one could go much further: That what is happening to London and Britain at large is what happens when any Empire falls. It happened with the Roman Empire: The territories lost, the capital becoming completely racially debased, and finally a downfall of all its grandour. Britain's current state is thus something of that of the Roman Empire around let's say 350CE. Intact, but rapidly succumbing.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Jute/Angle
    Subrace
    Angle/Jute
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Married
    Occupation
    Education
    Politics
    conservative/pan Nordish
    Religion
    Mysticism/Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Hats off to John Cleese for letting no leaf come before his mouth. He is of course stating the obvious, and perhaps at an age where it can no longer screw up his career, but certainly he is saying something quite truthful. Seeing that he is such a prominent figure, and at the same time could not be linked with "those evil Nationalist" makes it all the more a powerful statement of worry. He is a well-respected man, this will reach many ears!

I have seen some political commentary from him these past few years, and even though I didn't always agree, there was at least some sense in what he said. Including when he said that he'd always thought Michael Palin were the funniest Palin on Earth, but clearly wasn't after McCain selected his running mate.

Anyhow, of course one could go much further: That what is happening to London and Britain at large is what happens when any Empire falls. It happened with the Roman Empire: The territories lost, the capital becoming completely racially debased, and finally a downfall of all its grandour. Britain's current state is thus something of that of the Roman Empire around let's say 350CE. Intact, but rapidly succumbing.
    If the left call him a Nazi it will only work to our good as people like him more than anyone on the left and they would just draw attention to what he had said.
    They would never make the Nazi thing stick lol
    I can just see it being defused with talk of the Ministry of Funny walks. What he said needs saying however. Good on him. Now if just a few more can speak out.....

Last Online
    Friday, July 6th, 2012 @ 10:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Württemberg, Southern U.S. (either English, Scottish or Irish descent, not sure)
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Reactionary
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh this is wonderful. Who could attack or ridicule John Cleese?

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 05:01 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgard View Post
    They would never make the Nazi thing stick lol
    I'm not sure it's not going to stick.

Mr. Hilter
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 @ 08:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, and Wales
    Country
    United States United States
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I remember reading that Morrissey left for the same reason.
    Omnia risus et omnis pulvis et omnia nihil - HPL

"Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about." - Willy Wonka

“niemand bleibt hier” - Maria Orsic

Last Online
    Saturday, October 12th, 2019 @ 06:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    John Cleese rocks

He hinted that he might settle in Australia, where he is 'genuinely comfortable'

AWESOME!!!!

Go you good thing

Check out the comments
    Our beauty is our power, our strength. We can’t allow them to change us, to lessen us. I will never grant them that satisfaction, and neither should you!

White Oleander

Last Online
    Saturday, December 29th, 2018 @ 04:55 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    Northern European
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Orange Free State Orange Free State
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    teach, research
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    Gottgläubig
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sad London is No Longer an English City

Cleese is right - as I've said elsewhere on this forum London is UNCOMFORTABLY multicultural i.e. overwhelming to the point of being a foreign city in a crumbling land. I'm English and I am unashamedly a patriot but I have no hesitation in stating that we are in the twilight of the nation.
    “unless they know, mystically, that beneath the concrete lies the earth which has nourished their race for a thousand years and ... that it is their own earth from which their blood is shed and renewed, then they are a lost people, and easy prey for those who have lacked roots for many centuries"
    A. K. Chesterton

Last Online
    Friday, December 28th, 2018 @ 08:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    He doesn't get get any respect from me for saying this, I'm afraid.

he says 'I love having different cultures around, but when the parent culture dissipates, you're left thinking, "Well what's going on?"'

a few months ago he was saying this:
    He has now spoken out to lament a decline in traditional middle class values, which he says has been replaced by 'a yob culture'.

The British star, who now lives mostly in the U.S., claims Britain has changed so much that the middle-classes no longer have 'a respect for education'.

However, while he has admitted that racist attitudes have become less prevalent than they were in the past, he has bemoaned the changing face of British society.

'England changed much more than I did,' he told Austrian newspaper Die Press.

'We used to have some sort of middle-class culture with an adequate amount of respect for education.

'It was a bit racist - not in a mean way though - but still racist. Some things have changed for the better.

'But it's not a middle class culture anymore, but a yob culture, a rowdy culture.'
    fairly typical views of his generation: a bit 'uncomfortable' or outright against against that nasty 'racism' thing, happy to see other cultures, but now feels like a stranger in his own country and is scratching his head about how he feels about the whole thing (uncomfortable with that, too).

His solution? run away to australia where he 'feels more comfortable'.

thanks, coward.

I can't wait for his generation to hurry up and croak so English of my age and younger who actually really do care about their country and people and are going to stay here and actually do something about it, can try and clean up the horrible, horrible mess they've left us.

At least he left a couple of funny movies behind, I guess

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast