State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Post Re: Is Germany Alpine?

Coon describes it this way: He says that during the period of Germanic expansion, Nordic types migrated from north to south following the river valleys. He holds up the Reihengraeber type (row-grave from their type of burial) as almost identical to Swedish recruits from the most Nordic areas of Sweden. Coon describes Germany in total as having a heavy Nordic component which overlies older components in that population. All the original, pre-Nordic, Borreby, Alpine, etc. variability described by posters above is certainly present in Germany. So Germany, like most European countries is incredibly complex in the sub-racial sense. This is why Coon spends so much time on the less complex, less trodden, lands of Ireland and Norway. They are simply easier to figure out. And if they could be figured out, then we could use this knowledge to move on to the more centrally located and complex areas of Europe.

Last Online
    Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 @ 10:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Lotharingian
    Ancestry
    Germany, Netherlands, France
    Subrace
    reduced brunn without freckles
    Country
    France France
    Family
    since a few years already
    Occupation
    Finance
    Politics
    Racial conservative
    Religion
    Vatican II catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cruhmann
    Yes, but "Central Alpines" do occur in some parts of your "Peripheric Alpine" areas, namely in the inner Black Forest, central Bavaria and Bohemia, among the "Peripheric Alpines". I don't agree that Peripheric Alpines are reduced Borrebies. There is a so-called Walloon Type that occurs in Belgium among Walloons, and some neighboring parts of northern France, west-Central Germany and the southern Netherlands. It is mainly a mix of Borreby and Alpine, in many areas mixed with varying degrees of Keltic Nordic and perhaps other elements. The taller blond and partially blond Alpines of southern Germany, northern and central Switzerland, northern and eastern France, and parts of Saxony and Czechia are Sub-Nordics (Alpine + Hallstatt Nordic and/or Keltic Nordic). they are frequently also mixed with Dinarics. In some, but not most, of these areas a slight Borreby influence is also present. In Bohemia, slight Neo-Danubian and Pontid elements are present as well.
    Well even in the Schwartzwald or in the Donau Valley, you will not reach a percentage of 80% alpines such as the one found in the French Massif central. For sure, I recall very well some pretty brunettes with high cheeks in dirndltrachts from these areas, but they were rather remote from the typical French cevenole type. The first description of the alpine type was made by either Broca or de Quatrefage in 1880, and he renamed it "race cevenole", from the Cevennes area, whereas, one of his collegues, assuming that this was the typical type of the ancient Gauls (by contrast with their blond belgian compatriots), renamed it "race celtique" (not to be confounded with Coon's keltic nordic). You're surely right in assuming that a cat is a cat, and that a borreby, is not to be confounded with let's say a "walloon". And I agree with you. But, my main purpose was to emphasise some selective factors such as gracilisation and alpinisation. To me, the alpin type is a "type", but not a stabilised race in the same meaning than the UPs or the classical mediterraneans. Alpins are rather a transitional form between meds and UPs. I'll try to promote a thread on this issue, in the coming days.
    "Within a century, Europe might become a myth, like the Atlandid of Plato. Some historians will probably doubt that it ever existed" (Pseudo Schoppenhauer Complete SMS Collection, part I)

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 30th, 2005 @ 05:15 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Moderate
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I agree, but 80% is still significant. In the Schwarzwald, even for such a small area, there is variation. The Wolfach area is said to be the purest Alpine, the southern part has significant Dinaric mix plus some Nordic, and going east, west or north, the Nordic increases, and in the northern Schwarzwald there is a slight Borreby admixture. I'll guess that those pretty girls you saw were Dinaric-Alpine, maybe in some cases with Nordic mix. That kind of mixture seems to produce a beauty that surpasses either the Alpine or Dinaric by itself.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Moderate
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sorry, I misread what you said the first time. You said it doesn't approach 80%, and you are right. I would guess 50-60%, maybe more in a few places, like the Wolfach area example I gave.

Last Online
    Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 @ 10:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Lotharingian
    Ancestry
    Germany, Netherlands, France
    Subrace
    reduced brunn without freckles
    Country
    France France
    Family
    since a few years already
    Occupation
    Finance
    Politics
    Racial conservative
    Religion
    Vatican II catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cruhmann
    Yeah, I agree, but 80% is still significant. In the Schwarzwald, even for such a small area, there is variation. The Wolfach area is said to be the purest Alpine, the southern part has significant Dinaric mix plus some Nordic, and going east, west or north, the Nordic increases, and in the northern Schwarzwald there is a slight Borreby admixture. I'll guess that those pretty girls you saw were Dinaric-Alpine, maybe in some cases with Nordic mix. That kind of mixture seems to produce a beauty that surpasses either the Alpine or Dinaric by itself.
    Hi Cruh ! Do you have some sample pictures of these Dinaric-alpine-nordic mixes ? I am quite interested.
    "Within a century, Europe might become a myth, like the Atlandid of Plato. Some historians will probably doubt that it ever existed" (Pseudo Schoppenhauer Complete SMS Collection, part I)

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Moderate
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see them in "Volksmusik Videos" from southern Germany and Austria mainly. Do a search for "Bettina und Patricia" and look at their website. Also the "Isartaler Hexen". They are, I believe, a 7-member all-girl band. 3 or 4 of them are good-looking brunettes or brown-haired. The one blond in the band is not that great.
    Gitti und Erika, in their younger days, were nice, and still not bad in their 40s.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Moderate
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check out these two pages of the following website:
    http://www.mergelmusiland.nl/mergelm...algemeenV.html
    mostly from Austria, Switzerland, Suedtirol (German-speaking area in northern Italy) and southern Germany.
    http://www.mergelmusiland.nl/mergelm...algemeenS.html
    This one also has some from other parts of Germany and I think, a few from the Netherlands.
    There are pictures on the right side of the page, and you can find many more if you click on the individual artist names on the left side of the page.
    You can also get whole pages of pictures by clicking on letters of the alphabet near the bottom of the pages.
    Some of the pictures don't do justice, but if you click on the name below the pictures it takes you to their website (if they have one) with more pictures.

Check out a lady named Monika Martin. She is a dark blond with the most beautiful blue eyes. And Margitta & ihre Tochter (Margitta and her daughters). The mother has blond hair and hazel eyes, and two daughters are blond-haired, blue-eyed, the third daughter is hazel- or brown-eyed brunette.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Moderate
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.mergelmusiland.nl/mergelm...algemeenV.html
    This one is the better of the two, and more applicable to the types you wanted to see.

Welund

I think I've noticed most white American brachycephaly coming from Germany.

Is that accurate?

Last Online
    Saturday, July 16th, 2005 @ 09:26 PM
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Politics
    ETNONATIONALISM
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given