Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Difference Between WASPS and Englishmen...?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Take from it what you will, but a pre-Nazi German anthropological book, "Genealogy and Race of the Germans", believed the English upper class to be racially mixed:

Obviously those are legal officials and not nobility as the book disingenuously implies, but there are powerful Jews who married into the English aristocracy (the Levita family, for example). However, it was not until 1656 that Cromwell let them return to England, ending nearly four centuries of a Jew-free utopia, so the early English colonists are free of Semitic influence.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    The Nazis had a bias at the time. To be fair you would have found examples of Jews or part Jews among the German judiciary before 1933.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 25th, 2011 @ 12:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Hibernian
    Ancestry
    Northumberland and Wexford
    Country
    England England
    State
    Northumberland Northumberland
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Folkish
    Religion
    Northern Gnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well unless you're familiar with England and her regional pigmentation it's no use speculating about it from some far flung part of the world is it? especially from America where what you see has to conform to some narrowly defined stereotype and whatever the trend is regarding the market. Want dark and brooding? sure - bring in Clive Owen. Want aristocratic? sure bring in Tilda Swinton.

It's not long since Cheryl Cole was booted off of X factor there because it was claimed Americans wouldn't understand her. They definitely wouldn't. Whether on those grounds or not - even regional dialectal or phonetic diversity is rejected never mind appearance when it comes to squeezing dollars out of a vegetable audience. Cheryl Cole happens to be pretty swarthy but you can find that in any of the 'Germanic' nations these days. Whether that is a more common trait than in the past who knows. I remember hearing a radio programme some time ago and the premise was that blondes are disappearing world wide as those genes are recessive. The blondest nation is Finland and they are not Germanic at all.

WASP itself may be a misnomer as genetic studies show that AT LEAST a third of Americans who consider themselves white are actually part black. That's many millions out of just one ethnic group. How do you know the 'all American' you're with isn't part black or yourself even without investigation? if such strict purity matters. According to the One Drop rule that's a lot of Americans who think themselves white are actually negroid.

Here especially in the North of England ethnics are yet a tiny minority of the population and many of them are recent immigrants thanks to the last shitty Labour government. In London which I wouldn't even regard as England anymore it is different. They wouldn't understand me any more there than an American if I chose to lay on the twang, which isn't slang but a much purer form of Mediaval 'English' influenced by the Danish of the Danelaw.

Working class English is actually closer akin to its Linguistic forebear than any of the aristocratic toss you hear on TV which reinforces an image of floppy haired quaint and effeminate rogues or the Sherrif of Feckin Nottingham types audiences love to hate (Simon Cowell etc etc) This is comic book stuff. If you go looking for them on Tyneside you'd probably end up in the hospital - if you're lucky. Folk here come from mining and ship building families. If I had to paint a broad picture of these working class types in this region I'd say that fair complexioned and light haired are the majority. Economics have kept a static population here for centuries and the North Easterners are the direct descendants of those Germanic settlers and Danish invaders. Nee doot. aas gaan nu.

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 @ 07:24 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Writer
    Politics
    Nationalist/Moderate
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This thread reminds me of this clip:

Harry Enfield - Mr Cholmondley Warner on The Working Class

Last Online
    Saturday, July 28th, 2012 @ 03:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, Ireland, England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginnsanvil View Post
    WASP itself may be a misnomer as genetic studies show that AT LEAST a third of Americans who consider themselves white are actually part black. That's many millions out of just one ethnic group. How do you know the 'all American' you're with isn't part black or yourself even without investigation? if such strict purity matters. According to the One Drop rule that's a lot of Americans who think themselves white are actually negroid.
    Where did you get that idea from?

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    University Student
    Politics
    Secular
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Einarr View Post
    Where did you get that idea from?
    Seriously...I don't know about all of America but around here they used to lynch people with mixed race babies...that just isn't possible.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles / Germany / Netherlands / Norway / France
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Agnostic with Pagan leanings
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    The Puritans & Pilgrims came mainly from East Anglia & the counties in the Thames Basin. Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Bedford, Cambridge, Kent, Hertfordshire. Fishermen from the south & southwest of England - Dorset, Devon, Hampshire Gloucestershire & Somerset - also set up fishing communities in New England. Just look at the names of communities in New England to see where the settlers came from. Only 30-40 thousand arrived during the Greeat Migration (1627-1640) but high birthrates & low infant mortality caused them to become the ancestors of a significant portion of the Euro-American population in the current US. It is more about where they came from in England then what their religion was. But they did leave before the Industrial Revolution.

The Delaware Valley received settlers mainly from the West Midland counties with a significant number of Welsh & German settlers. The South had large numbers of Cavaliers from the West Country & Irish servants. I would guess New England had the most Germanic-Nordish settlers in the colonial era.

The WASP image is primarily indentifies with the Northeast of the US & as I stated it is usually associated with a particular social & economic class. The Northeast also has the most White Ethnics (Catholics & Jews from Ireland & the Medish & Slavic nations), many of the original Anglo-Germanic families moving to the Midwest & West during the 19th & 20th centurues. The Anglo-Americans that remain in the Boston-Philadelphia corridor tend to be wealthier & of higher social standing then the White ethnics until after WWII-1960s. So the WASP image is based on the elite of the Anglo-American segment, families descended from New England Puritans, Dutch Knickerbockers & properous Quaker families. I think wealthy people (excluding Jews) tend to look more Nordic looking then the general population. Make a comparison to the Germanic population to a small town in the Midwest or South, with Anglo-Germanic covering all segments of the social & economic scale, and you will find Cromagnid & North Atlantid types well represented.
    Harvard. The absolute bastion of WASPdom, in this country.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 24th, 2011 @ 09:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain/germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Fashion
    Politics
    preservation
    Religion
    I'll believe it when I see it
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goomer View Post
    Harvard. The absolute bastion of WASPdom, in this country.
    You dislike them?
    'you're all just visiting' -the good shepherd

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles / Germany / Netherlands / Norway / France
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Agnostic with Pagan leanings
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    You dislike them?
    Er...kinda can't do that, Fiona....seeing as I am one myself. My father's family were Pilgrims in the 1600s. They settled Maine before eventually coming to California during the Gold Rush.

Harvard is the oldest Higher Education Institution in this country, and it is also the most Prestigious. Harvard has historically been associated with the Blue Blooded WASP families mentioned in earlier posts.

Because my own family came to California back in the 1800s....the school they've all gone to is Stanford....this goes back four generations. Stanford is sort of the West Coast version of Harvard

Last Online
    Thursday, November 24th, 2011 @ 09:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain/germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Fashion
    Politics
    preservation
    Religion
    I'll believe it when I see it
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginnsanvil View Post
    AT LEAST a third of Americans who consider themselves white are actually part black. That's many millions out of just one ethnic group. How do you know the 'all American' you're with isn't part black or yourself even without investigation? if such strict purity matters. According to the One Drop rule that's a lot of Americans who think themselves white are actually negroid.
    The amount of girls with big eyes and stubby noses testifies to this. A northern european is meant to be longer in the nose.

I could be imagining it but I think Amanda Seyfried has negro eyes. There are many blonde people that have non-northern european traits.
    'you're all just visiting' -the good shepherd

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast