Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Difference Between WASPS and Englishmen...?

Unregistered
    WASP stands for White, Anglosaxon, Protestant. I associate WASP with Northern Europeans. Firstly, all Anglosaxons are White, which leaves ASPs. Secondly, Christianity was split between the Mediterranean Catholic race in the South, Orthodox Slavs to the East, and Nordic/Germanic Protestants to the North. So Protestants are not limited to English Anglosaxons, American WASPs especially, are rather more German/Dutch/Danish than the English.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 26th, 2017 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    German French American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginnsanvil View Post
    Well unless you're familiar with England and her regional pigmentation it's no use speculating about it from some far flung part of the world is it? especially from America where what you see has to conform to some narrowly defined stereotype and whatever the trend is regarding the market. Want dark and brooding? sure - bring in Clive Owen. Want aristocratic? sure bring in Tilda Swinton.

It's not long since Cheryl Cole was booted off of X factor there because it was claimed Americans wouldn't understand her. They definitely wouldn't. Whether on those grounds or not - even regional dialectal or phonetic diversity is rejected never mind appearance when it comes to squeezing dollars out of a vegetable audience. Cheryl Cole happens to be pretty swarthy but you can find that in any of the 'Germanic' nations these days. Whether that is a more common trait than in the past who knows. I remember hearing a radio programme some time ago and the premise was that blondes are disappearing world wide as those genes are recessive. The blondest nation is Finland and they are not Germanic at all.

WASP itself may be a misnomer as genetic studies show that AT LEAST a third of Americans who consider themselves white are actually part black. That's many millions out of just one ethnic group. How do you know the 'all American' you're with isn't part black or yourself even without investigation? if such strict purity matters. According to the One Drop rule that's a lot of Americans who think themselves white are actually negroid.

Here especially in the North of England ethnics are yet a tiny minority of the population and many of them are recent immigrants thanks to the last shitty Labour government. In London which I wouldn't even regard as England anymore it is different. They wouldn't understand me any more there than an American if I chose to lay on the twang, which isn't slang but a much purer form of Mediaval 'English' influenced by the Danish of the Danelaw.

Working class English is actually closer akin to its Linguistic forebear than any of the aristocratic toss you hear on TV which reinforces an image of floppy haired quaint and effeminate rogues or the Sherrif of Feckin Nottingham types audiences love to hate (Simon Cowell etc etc) This is comic book stuff. If you go looking for them on Tyneside you'd probably end up in the hospital - if you're lucky. Folk here come from mining and ship building families. If I had to paint a broad picture of these working class types in this region I'd say that fair complexioned and light haired are the majority. Economics have kept a static population here for centuries and the North Easterners are the direct descendants of those Germanic settlers and Danish invaders. Nee doot. aas gaan nu.
    A third of white Americans are not in actuality part black. Although blacks might tend to be a third white

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 6th, 2019 @ 05:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryo-Germanic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 3/8 English, 1/8 Welsh
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    V10b
    Country
    England England
    State
    Northumberland Northumberland
    Scorpio
    Family
    Parent,Co-habiting
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Exposing idiocy
    Religion
    Wodenist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts
    I am not sure where you get your information from but the majority of real English people are not "dark haired in majority."
    'WASP' is a North american term and is only used in North America. It has cultural and religious connotations, not necessarily racial ones.

Last Online
    23 Hours Ago @ 05:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Ethno-Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Others have already answered this but basically WASP is a North American term, and even then it's mainly used in the USA.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234