My own
    Religion
    Agnostic with Pagan leanings
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    Here we have it, the classic race differences are only superficial fallacy on which you obviously base your liberality on these matters. This idea breeds more related falsehoods and delusions until they comprise a person's entire philosophy about tragic, downtrodden ethnics, a philosophy which blends very nicely with other liberal fancies. Race differences are about skin colour only gives way to black people have all the innate potential of whites; the poor things don't prosper because they are forever oppressed; let's empty shiploads more money into their countries, not forgetting their wonderful, vibrant enclaves in our own countries; let's give them an artificial head start to lift them out of a life of crime created by poverty that is our fault, and so on and on and on and on. And here we are now. I don't think I need to explain to you why where we are now is not a place any halfway self-aware person wants to be.

I would like to have faith that most people, with a few enlightened discussions and a safe, un-PC environment in which to have them can scale the walls of ignorant complacence that the post-war world has erected around them, but you seem intimidated by what lies beyond, Goomer. I don't think you're going to make it over.
    Become a mother, and get back to me then.

I'm not going to enter a sociological analysis of the Sudanese and other minority populations on this post, sorry. My response is simple; a small child died a horrible death, and it is an appropriately human response to feel sadness at such.

If you don't feel sadness, I am actually sorry for you, because it indicates something bigger at work.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 24th, 2011 @ 09:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain/germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Fashion
    Politics
    preservation
    Religion
    I'll believe it when I see it
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goomer View Post
    you have societies in which infanticide is an acceptable norm.

Indeed we do.
    'you're all just visiting' -the good shepherd

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles / Germany / Netherlands / Norway / France
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    United States United States
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    Indeed we do.
    It's all over. China became known for it after their one-child only laws were enacted, because most people wanted boys. But, infanticide has happened since we humans have walked the Earth.

Last Online
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    Cat feces can carry disease causing women to miscarry. My wife never got near a litter box. Cats are dangerous!
    We had four cats during my pregnancy. My husband was kind enough to maintain the boxes for safety.

The disease to which your post alludes is Toxoplasmosis.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain/germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Fashion
    Politics
    preservation
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's all over. China became known for it after their one-child only laws were enacted, because most people wanted boys. But, infanticide has happened since we humans have walked the Earth.
    whew! well thank god it's all over. All bad things are over and ending as we progress to a new world where everything is going to be perfect.

Last Online
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    whew! well thank god it's all over. All bad things are over and ending as we progress to a new world where everything is going to be perfect.
    Um. You misread my post, apparently. LOL

Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Become a mother, and get back to me then.
    Obviously, I'm not going to argue that I can see through a mother's point of view. But then again, you don't need to be a mother to look at this situation in a sober way. That's a total fallacy.

I can decide that Transformers was a shit movie, even if I'm not a movie director myself.

I'm not going to enter a sociological analysis of the Sudanese and other minority populations on this post, sorry. My response is simple; a small child died a horrible death, and it is an appropriately human response to feel sadness at such.
    Well, of course it's a human response to feel sad when a child dies. But it's also an appropriately human response to feel a stronger emotional connection to your own group or race, so Edie was not being "inhuman" in any way. That’s just how nature works - we put a much higher value on our own that we do on the lives of others. Especially if these others are radically different from us, live in our society like parasites, and are being detrimental to us as a group (and the Sudanese are that).

To me, and most people here, the second human response overrides the first one. It's not beneficial for us, in any way, to care about a negro as if it was one of our own.

If you don't feel sadness, I am actually sorry for you, because it indicates something bigger at work.
    Emotional compartmentalization is not always a bad thing. Sometimes, it's very necessary to shut down your empathy and feelings. So stop hinting that it's a sign of "mental illness", or whatever, when people are responding in a completely normal and appropriate way.

Last Online
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungen av Norden View Post
    Obviously, I'm not going to argue that I can see through a mother's point of view. But then again, you don't need to be a mother to look at this situation in a sober way. That's a total fallacy.

I can decide that Transformers was a shit movie, even if I'm not a movie director myself.

Well, of course it's a human response to feel sad when a child dies. But it's also an appropriately human response to feel a stronger emotional connection to your own group or race, so Edie was not being "inhuman" in any way. That’s just how nature works - we put a much higher value on our own that we do on the lives of others. Especially if these others are radically different from us, live in our society like parasites, and are being detrimental to us as a group (and the Sudanese are that).

To me, and most people here, the second human response overrides the first one. It's not beneficial for us, in any way, to care about a negro as if it was one of our own.

Emotional compartmentalization is not always a bad thing. Sometimes, it's very necessary to shut down your empathy and feelings. So stop hinting that it's a sign of "mental illness", or whatever, when people are responding in a completely normal and appropriate way.
    Kungen Av Norden, your posts are generally less, er, for lack of a better word, *hateful* sounding than some of the others on here, and for this reason, I really appreciate your input as a person who is a little more reasonable in his approach

I know Europe is fraught with immigration-related problems, and much of this knowledge comes from having learnt it from posters here on Skadi.

I cannot speak for the experiences you guys have had at the hands of racial or cultural others, but I can and do speak for my own experiences, which have not been all that dissimilar to some of yours. After all, I was born and raised in a multicultural environment. Naturally, some of those MC experiences were negative, and some were also positive.

I look at things this way. Despite all I see around me that is hurtful or full of hate and/or anger, and despite some of the injustices I or my family and friends have suffered, sometimes, the only thing that gives me a sense of peace is the realization that I still have a strong sense of humanity and justice. If I lost that, then really, all WOULD be lost.

This child, in this post....what has SHE done to deserve ANY of the rancor expressed by some of the posters in here? She is a little child, for heavens' sake! Her little soul was innocent, regardless of ANYthing her collective people or culture may have done. She, quite simply, did not deserve to die, and moreover, the fact she died so horribly just breaks my heart into pieces.

This could have been my son Thankfully, we have no crazy dogs around here, and we do tend to keep a VERY close eye on our little guy. But just the thought of his little body suffering the way this poor girl did?

Again, I am a mother. So much of what defines the way I think about people and the world is defined by that protective instinct our species is born with liberal doses of..

However,even if you do not feel it is a sign of something more sinister...that people would respond with such indifference... I fully and completely disagree. Sorry, you lost me on that one. I will tell you honestly that I do not know of ANY moms personally that would react the way I saw on here. They'd pretty much react the same way I did....

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 08:36 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts
    As someone who has somewhat grown up with a dog (I was 15 when we got the older one of the two), and a little brother who was but four years old when the dog was acquired and having a mother who worked as a child-minder with even babies alongside having a dog, I must comment:

It's not the dog, or even the breed of dog that makes a dog aggressive and out of check - it is the irresponsible owner of the dog: Qualis rex, talis grex. A person skilled with dogs could make a vicious beast out of a poodle yet a lapdog out of a Rottweiler of Pitbull Terrier. A well-trained dog will usually refrain from biting, barring other things conditioning him such as the sudden development of a brain tumour.

Almost all the times you hear about such attacks it is often owners of Pitbulls, Staffordshire Terriers, Rottweilers - but then look at the strata of irresponsible people and their choice of breed. Yet even then, according to German statistics these breeds are rather infrequent to bite --- whilst those most prone to bite are - lo and behold! - German shepherds and Dachshunds. The difference is of course: If a Dachshund bites you, you'll end up with a few scars, if a Rottweiler bites you, he won't let go and WILL seriously injure you.

Considering that this was a Black neighbourhood, exactly how responsible do you think the owners were in containing the dog? Probably not at all.

And responsibility is key, especially if you have small children. Having small children and a dog in fact requires extra responsibility, anything could happen even with the sweetest and cuddliest of dog (kids WILL pull its tail, etc.) --- but I maintain: If you're not responsible enough to be able to safely raise a dog AND a child concurrently, you're not responsible enough to be able to safely raise a dog OR a child seperately. Nuff said.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain/germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Fashion
    Politics
    preservation
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yes they do seem to behave in the way they have been brought up. I can't imagine a world without dogs. They are so funny. I usually laugh when ever I see one. It is also funny when they escape and join other dogs in a little pack. 'yay we're free!'

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast