Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Green Tea

Did you know that sipping a cup of green tea can help fight cancer, prevent gum disease, slow the aging process and aid fat loss?

Thousands of research studies have confirmed the beneficial effects of green tea. According to Michael Murray, ND in his new book How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine, “Both green and black tea are derived from the same plant, Camelia sinensis. Of the nearly 2.5 million tons of dried tea produced each year, only 20 percent is green tea.” Green tea, as science has confirmed, is the healthier choice as it contains compounds called polyphenols that are known for their powerful healing effects.

The manufacturing process is what makes the difference between green and black tea. Green tea is produced by lightly steaming the fresh-cut leaf, stopping fermentation. Oolong tea is partially fermented and black tea is fully fermented. During the fermentation process enzymes convert the polyphenols, which provide fabulous healing actions, to compounds with much less activity. Green tea is not fermented, therefore providing high levels of polyphenols.

Cancer-Fighting Compounds

The most abundant polyphenols in green tea are flavonoids, the most active of which is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a substance that inhibits tumour growth. EGCG is the most promising natural anti-cancer compound ever discovered. Well controlled clinical trials have shown green tea to prevent cancer of the pancreas, colon, small intestine, breast, lung, and stomach.

Fat-Burning Tea

Research has also been conducted into green tea’s fat-burning properties. A small study revealed that participants who took three green tea capsules daily increased their fat burning without accelerating their heart rate, safely melting fat away.

Soothes the Flames of Inflammation

In 1999, several studies were published in Sweden, Taiwan and the United States describing green tea’s efficacy in inhibiting the cox-2 enzymes which cause inflammation in those with arthritis. Not only was green tea found to be as good as cox-2 anti-inflammatory medications like Celebrex and Vioxx, but green tea also contains 51 other anti-inflam-matory compounds. The USDA Phytochemical Database also identified 15 anti-ulcer compounds in green tea, supporting evidence that long-term use can inhibit ulcers caused by prolonged use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications including ibuprofen.

Green Tea and Blood Sugar

When trying to prevent or treat diabetes we can either enhance insulin function, which helps control blood sugar levels, or suppress blood sugar levels through other means such as diet. According to the USDA tea study, when humans in clinical trials ingested 200-500mg of green tea catechins before ingesting starch, which gets converted to glucose by digestive enzymes, glucose production was inhibited and the uptake of glucose was suppressed. The uptake of glucose by the intestine to the bloodstream is suppressed by green tea catechins. Those studying the anti-obesity effects of green tea believe this is the reason for green tea’s fat loss benefits.

Eliminates Bad Breath

Research performed at the University of British Columbia found that green tea tablets dissolved in the mouth were more effective than other bad breath products in reducing foul breath caused by bacteria. Green tea’s oral benefits don’t stop with eliminating bad breath. The journal General Dentistry reported that green tea catechins are also able to inhibit the growth and invasion of oral cancer cells.

Calming the Caffeine Kick

Worried about getting too much caffeine from green tea? Drinking three cups provides about the same amount of caffeine as one cup of drip coffee. Three cups of green tea provide approximately 240 to 320mg of polyphenols. A green tea extract standardized for 80 percent total polyphenol content can be obtained from a daily dose of 300 to 400mg in capsules or pills. Green tea also contains L-theanine that negates the negative side-effects of caffeine, including hypertension and sleep disturbances. L-theanine is very well researched and shown to promote relaxation without drowsiness, improve learning and concentration, support immune function, lower cholesterol and reduce stress and anxiety. Now you know why you can drink several cups of green tea and not develop the caffeine jitters. Decaffeinated green tea or green tea extracts are also available.
    http://www.alive.com/1473a4a2.php?su...read_cramb=538
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 09:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Most of these studies have been done in Japan and I suspect that to get the same benefit you would have to consume the green tea-leaf itself as they do in Japan.That is the only way that you are going to get the 300mg of polyphenols into you.

I drink this kind.

In fact I'm drinking some right now!
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Mmmm I love matcha! Especially with some honey
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Last Online
    16 Hours Ago @ 12:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I recommend Longjing and Tieguanyin. Subtle and interesting.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, December 29th, 2011 @ 12:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Dinarid and Mediterranid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Musician and computer technician
    Politics
    The Thermonuclear Warhead
    Religion
    Germanic Paganism/ Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I drink three mugs a day whenever physically and/ or financially possible. As a matter of fact, I got done with my first mug about an hour ago or so

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    16 Hours Ago @ 01:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horned God View Post
    Most of these studies have been done in Japan and I suspect that to get the same benefit you would have to consume the green tea-leaf itself as they do in Japan.That is the only way that you are going to get the 300mg of polyphenols into you.
    Indeed. I don't think the quality of wholesale "Green Tea" has the same benefits as does genuine Green Tea leaves

And with marketing such as "Peace Tea" with flower power, multi-kulti and kumbaya aesthetics diverts potential buyers from even taking Green Tea seriously.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, December 29th, 2011 @ 12:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Dinarid and Mediterranid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Musician and computer technician
    Politics
    The Thermonuclear Warhead
    Religion
    Germanic Paganism/ Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I used to drink the mass produced bottled and canned teas, but now I just consume the tea leaves strictly. Ya. I've tried the "peace tea" once and not only are the aesthetics gayish, but it tastes like sh*t. I'll stick to green tea leaves, thank you very much. Now that we're on the subject of green tea and mass produced lines, what do you all think of Celestial Seasonings and their blends? My father once convinced me to buy the green tea with white tea blend and I wondered as to whether or not the white tea elements would cancel out the effects of the green tea elements. I never bought it again nor do I ever intend on buying it again, but I was just wondering.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:52 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Vest-Agder Vest-Agder
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Nationalist, yet hater of none
    Religion
    Love for Åsatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackened_Might View Post
    I drink three mugs a day whenever physically and/ or financially possible. As a matter of fact, I got done with my first mug about an hour ago or so
    That can't possibly be good for your stomach =/

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Seems very healthy, havn't tried it. Hope I can find some in my town.

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I will mail you some Hersir

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast