Politics
    Volksgemeinschaft
    Religion
    Ásatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Posted on Behalf of Ernst Friedel (For a genuine good cause)

Important

Dear Friends,

On October 31, 2011 an event will take place in Washington that is very important to history.

At this event, US Major Merrit Drucker of the US armed forces will officially apologize to the German soldiers and their relatives for the terrible treatment German prisoners of war had to go through in the so-called "Rheinwiesenlager". Between 750,000 and 1 million German prisoners of war perished. That was after the war had ended.

The apology will be accepted by Oberstleutnant der Bundeswehr a.D. Max Klaar, who is the President of " Verband Deutscher Soldaten". The event has been made possible through the efforts of Mr. James Bacque, author of the book "Other Losses" which documents what happened in those camps, and US Major Merrit Drucker.

Many of us have praised Mr. Bacque for what he has done for us Germans by the research he has conducted on the subject and that is good. But to put on an event like this requires not only much work, but costs also a lot of money. I believe that we, the worldwide German Community, should at least cover the cost of the event, otherwise our praises ring hollow. All of us, who can effort it, should make a contribution to help carry the load. I have done so and I hope that many of you will do the same. As I wrote above, this event is very important to our history and we owe it to the ones who perished and suffered to make this part of history known to all. If you are able to afford even just a very little please send your contribution to:

German World Alliance
    c/o Tony Bergmeier
    83 Lang Crescent
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Canada, N2K 1P4

Thank you very much

Ernst Friedel

- There are absolutely no expectations made with this message and is only a just in case. With best greetings to you all.
    Wahrheit Macht Freiheit.
    http://www.rheinwiesenlager.de
    HISTORY IS NOT HISTORY - UNLESS IT IS THE 100% TRUTH

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 @ 10:11 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norsk/Kelt
    Ancestry
    Norge/Eireann
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Nordic Union Nordic Union
    Kompliziert!
    Occupation
    Border Protection
    Politics
    Volksgemeinschaft
    Religion
    Ásatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Correction

The person presenting the apology to Oberst Klaar is retired from the US army and does not represent either the army or the US government in this event. Oberst Klaar is also retired. The previous message is correct in other details but this is an important distinction. Please note, Merrit P Drucker is a retired army officer and speaks for himself as well as all people of good will. Max Klaar is retired and speaks for himself and all other people of good will.

(per advice from Mr James Bacque)
    ________________________________________ ____________________________

________________________________________ ____________________________
    REMINDER:
    Monday October 31, 2011 at the Courtyard US Capitol Marriott Hotel, 1325 2d St. Northeast, Washington DC 20002, Tel 202 898 4000. The meeting is to be at 2:00 PM in the Congressional and Monument Rooms.
    Please spread the word.
    Wahrheit Macht Freiheit.

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    I´ll try to get the project started. But it´s a bad time for me these weeks, I plan to do and finish some translation work until mid November.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norsk/Kelt
    Ancestry
    Norge/Eireann
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Kompliziert!
    Occupation
    Border Protection
    Politics
    Volksgemeinschaft
    Religion
    Ásatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Dear Thusnelda and all other exceptionally kind Skadi volunteers who have volunteered to translate the Rheinwiesenlager.de website in the name of the historical Truth..

This project does not have any deadline as *Truth* regardless of timelines always smacks the liars the hardest in the face when justice via fate decides when its best.

Whatever they think is irrelevant as they are not going to get away with this war crime..
    Wahrheit Macht Freiheit.

Senior Member SwordOfTheVistula's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 01:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I've got work and won't be able to make it. I'll pass the word along though, thanks for the update.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norsk/Kelt
    Ancestry
    Norge/Eireann
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Kompliziert!
    Occupation
    Border Protection
    Politics
    Volksgemeinschaft
    Religion
    Ásatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Thumbs Up Posted on behalf of Ann Morrison (English/Deutsch)

To: friends of truth and justice
    Sent: Friday, November 4, 2011 12:55 PM
    Subject: Fwd: Update, November 4, 2011

NB: The layout for this text is much better to read in both English and German at Ann's homepage:
    http://www.annsfilms.com/
    (text in plain script below)

Good Morning,

I hope you are well,

I returned Tuesday evening from Washington D.C. where the German/US/Canada Reconciliation Conference was held. It went very well and I felt privileged to have been invited. Merrit Drucker, James Bacque and Max Klaar spoke with much emotion about the loses after the Second World War.
    I watched in amazement at how it's never too late to tell the story and it's never too late to say you're sorry.
    There were a few laughs and many tears as the apology was given and excepted.
    The fourteen points have been copied below so you may become more familiar with what came from this apology.
    The apology was given from the United States to Germany and will be used as a tool to create a calming peace that's been missing for far too many years.

Proposal of The German Veterans’ Association
    „Verband deutscher Soldaten”e.V., Bonn

Proposal for peace 66 years after the end of hostilities of World War II.

The armistice of 1945, still in effect and the existing UN clauses defining Germany as a hostile state are to be repealed. To the benefit of their several peoples, the former enemies shall work together as sovereign partners with equal rights under a peace treaty to be mutually agreed and shall settle all their differences in future by negotiation and discussion, never again by violence.
    To those ends, Germany suggests:
    The parties shall pardon all war crimes and violations of international law committed against each other during and after the wars of 1914-1918 and 1939-1945.

The parties shall cease accusing each other of war crimes and cease seeking reparations and compensation for actions taken against each other during world war two.

• Accusations of war guilt are to end. To assure this, we suggest the following:
    Opening of all archives of the former enemies for research to find out the actual events in the developments between 1900 and 1950. This is to include the reciprocal return of all confiscated original archival documents, provided that the state returning such confiscated documents may make and retain copies of such documents.

• A truth finding commission of independent historians of neutral states shall assess all original documents still kept secret in archives and shall adopt the results as the foundation for educational work of schools and universities in the contracting states.

• Peace is to be made irreversible by the contracting partners. This is to be achieved through:

• Retirement of all occupying forces and return of bases to the host country.
    The preservation of the contracting partner’s borders.

•*Return of all confiscated property; where this is impossible, a balancing solution has to lead to an agreement as part of the negotiating process undertaken by the parties to this agreement.

• All negotiations shall be open to the public, both while they occur and as they are recorded for posterity.

•*NATO shall be transformed into NESO (Northern Earth Security Organisation) to serve both as a political organisation and a defence organisation which ensures that no member can form a coalition against another member state of NESO. Simultaneously NESO will ensure free world trade and secure open trade routes on land, sea and in the air.

• NESO will ban piracy.

• NESO states declare to the world public their renunciation of violence to settle dispute. They will re-spect all nations’ right of self-determination and never again raise weapons first. The right to sanction the use of arms against violators of international law, is reserved to the United Nations only.

• NESO states will not admit to its membership or continue in membership any state that breaks international law, commits genocide or expels ethnic minorities.

•*NESO states guarantee religious tolerance and will not allow any religion to dominate another one.

On the basis of these 14 points the governments concerned could be invited to a peace conference in Münster and Osnabrück (Germany) to end World War II finally and by this give future generations an open way into a peaceful ordering of the world’s affairs based on reciprocal respect and group responsibility.

Initiative des Verbandes deutscher Soldaten e.V.
    Bonn

Vorschlag Deutschlands zum Friedensschluss

Der immer noch geltende Waffenstillstand von 1945 und die ebenso immer noch aufrechterhaltene Feindstaatenklausel der Vereinten Nationen gegen das Deutsche Reich sind 65 Jahre nach Beginn der Waffenruhe abzulösen. Die ehemaligen Kriegsgegner sollen zum Wohle ihrer Völker auf der Grundlage eines Friedensvertrages als souveräne, gleichberechtigte Partner den Weg der Sicherheit und Zusammenarbeit durch friedlichen Interessenausgleich beschreiten und den Frieden wahren.
    Dazu schlägt Deutschland vor:
    Gegenseitiges auf ewig gültiges Verzeihen aller aneinander begangener Völkerrechtsverbrechen im Zuge der Kriegshandlungen 1914-1918 und 1939-1945 und der jeweiligen Nachkriegszeit.
    Gegenseitiger und endgültiger Verzicht darauf, sich diese Verbrechen wechselseitig vorzuwerfen und Ansprüche daraus geltend zu machen.
    Die unselige und rückwärtsgewandte Kriegsschulddebatte ist 90 bzw. 65 Jahre nach den beiden Weltkriegen zu beenden. Dazu halten wir für erforderlich:
    Öffnung aller Archive der ehemaligen Kriegsgegner zur Erforschung der wahren Gegebenheiten in den Abläufen 1910 bis 1950 und Rückgabe der beschlagnahmten, unverfälschten Archivstücke auf Gegenseitigkeit.
    Berufung einer Wahrheitsfindungs-Kommission von unabhängigen Historikern aus neutralen Ländern zur Auswertung der bisher geheim gehaltenen Primärdokumente aus verschlossenen Archiven und Übernahme ihrer Ergebnisse in die Bildungsarbeit der Vertragsstaaten.
    Der Frieden soll zwischen den Vertragspartnern unumkehrbar gemacht werden. Das ist zu erreichen durch:
    Beendigung aller Besatzungen und Auflösung militärischer Fremd-Stationierungsstützpunkte im Vertragsgebiet.
    Unverletzlichkeit aller Staatsgrenzen der Vertragspartner.
    Rückgabe beschlagnahmten Eigentums; wo das nicht möglich ist, wird über eine Regelung Einigkeit hergestellt.
    Verpflichtung zur Öffentlichkeit der Diplomatie.
    Umwandlung der NATO zur NESO (Northern Earth Security Organisation). Diese soll als politische Organisation und zugleich reine Verteidigungsgemeinschaft gewährleisten, dass kein Mitglied im Bunde mit anderen Mitgliedern dieser Organisation gegen einen dritten Staat der Gemeinschaft aus Eurasien und Nordamerika koalieren kann.
    Die NESO soll gleichzeitig den freien Welthandel sichern. Sie erklärt dazu die Offenheit der Handelswege zu Land, Luft und See.
    Piraterie wird geächtet. Alle Nationen haben zur Abwehr der Piraterie das Notwehrrecht.
    Die NESO-Staaten erklären vor der Weltöffentlichkeit den Verzicht auf Gewalt als Mittel ihrer Politik. Sie werden das Selbstbestimmungsrecht der Völker respektieren und nie wieder als erste Waffen einsetzen. Nur die Vereinten Nationen haben das Gewaltmonopol, gegen Staaten vorzugehen, die Völkerrechtsverbrechen wie Völkermord und/oder Vertreibung begehen.
    Die NESO-Staaten werden keinen anderen Staat in irgendeiner Weise unterstützen, der sich künftig des Völkerrechtsverbrechens der Vertreibung und/oder des Völkermordes schuldig macht.
    Die NESO-Staaten garantieren religiöse Toleranz und werden keine religiösen Dominanzbestrebungen zulassen.
    Auf der Grundlage dieser 14 Punkte sind die Regierungen aller betroffenen Staaten zu einer Friedenskonferenz nach Münster und Osnabrück einzuladen, um den Zweiten Weltkrieg endgültig abzuschließen und dadurch künftigen Generationen die Perspektive eines unbefangenen Weges in eine friedliche Zukunftsordnung in gegenseitiger Achtung und Verantwortung zu ermöglichen.

Verantwortlich für vorliegenden Text: Verband deutscher Soldaten e.V., 53173 Bonn, Rheinallee 55
    Bonn, im Oktober 2011

Max Klaar, Oberstleutnant a.D. und Bundesvorsitzender

Legally binding is the German version. Responsible for both texts: Verband deutscher Soldaten e.V., 53173 Bonn, Rheinallee 55

Max Klaar, LTC GA ret. and Federal Chairman

Bonn, October 31st, 2011

At the conference I was approached by Mr. Ken Meyercord who produces for three local TV stations In Washington D.C.
    He asked permission to show The Forgotten Genocide Documentary on his station in the next two months.
    I was very excited to except and will be working with Mr. Meyercord to get the documentary ready for broadcasting.
    I have copied the information below about the stations who will be broadcasting the film.
    I will give you the exact dates when the schedule has been set.

WORLDDOCS airs on Fairfax Public Access (cable channel 10) in Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Stafford, and Spotsylvania counties in Virginia on Mondays at 10:00 AM, Thursdays at 1:00 AM, and Sundays at 8:30 PM; on Montgomery Community Television (cable channel 19) in Montgomery County, Maryland on Tuesdays at 9:00 PM and Thursdays at 11:00 PM; and on DCTV (Comcast channel 95/RCN & Verizon channel 10) in Washington, DC at various times. (Past episodes can be viewed in the archives of Montgomery Community Television, www.accessmontgomery.tv).

Until next time,

Ann
    --
    Ann Morrison
    Ann's Films LLC
    annsfilms@gmail.com
    www.annsfilms.com
    Wahrheit Macht Freiheit.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norsk/Kelt
    Ancestry
    Norge/Eireann
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Kompliziert!
    Occupation
    Border Protection
    Politics
    Volksgemeinschaft
    Religion
    Ásatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

A US Army Guard as witness to the Rhine Meadow Death Camps

By Martin Brech

In October, 1944, at age eighteen, I was drafted into the U.S. army. Largely because of the "Battle of the Bulge," my training was cut short. My furlough was halved, and I was sent overseas immediately. Upon arrival in Le Havre, France, we were quickly loaded into box cars and shipped to the front. When we got there, I was suffering increasingly severe symptoms of mononucleosis, and was sent to a hospital in Belgium. Since mononucleosis was then known as the "kissing disease," I mailed a letter of thanks to my girlfriend.

By the time I left the hospital, the outfit I had trained with in Spartanburg, South Carolina was deep inside Germany, so, despite my protests, I was placed in a "repo depot" (replacement depot). I lost interest in the units to which I was assigned and don't recall all of them: non-combat units were ridiculed at that time. My separation qualification record states I was mostly with Company C, 14th Infantry Regiment, during my seventeen-month stay in Germany, but I remember being transferred to other outfits also.

In late March or early April, 1945, I was sent to guard a POW camp near Andernach along the Rhine. I had four years of high school German, so I was able to talk to the prisoners, although this was forbidden. Gradually, however, I was used as an interpreter and asked to ferret out members of the S.S. (I found none.)

In Andernach about 50,000 prisoners of all ages were held in an open field surrounded by barbed wire. The women were kept in a separate enclosure I did not see until later. The men I guarded had no shelter and no blankets; many had no coats. They slept in the mud, wet and cold, with inadequate slit trenches for excrement. It was a cold, wet spring and their misery from exposure alone was evident.

Even more shocking was to see the prisoners throwing grass and weeds into a tin can containing a thin soup. They told me they did this to help ease their hunger pains. Quickly, they grew emaciated. Dysentery raged, and soon they were sleeping in their own excrement, too weak and crowded to reach the slit trenches. Many were begging for food, sickening and dying before our eyes. We had ample food and supplies, but did nothing to help them, including no medical assistance.

Outraged, I protested to my officers and was met with hostility or bland indifference. When pressed, they explained they were under strict orders from "higher up." No officer would dare do this to 50,000 men if he felt that it was "out of line," leaving him open to charges. Realizing my protests were useless, I asked a friend working in the kitchen if he could slip me some extra food for the prisoners. He too said they were under strict orders to severely ration the prisoners' food and that these orders came from "higher up." But he said they had more food than they knew what to do with and would sneak me some.

When I threw this food over the barbed wire to the prisoners, I was caught and threatened with imprisonment. I repeated the "offense," and one officer angrily threatened to shoot me. I assumed this was a bluff until I encountered a captain on a hill above the Rhine shooting down at a group of German civilian women with his .45 caliber pistol. When I asked, "Why?," he mumbled, "Target practice," and fired until his pistol was empty. I saw the women running for cover, but, at that distance, couldn't tell if any had been hit.

This is when I realized I was dealing with cold-blooded killers filled with moralistic hatred. They considered the Germans subhuman and worthy of extermination; another expression of the downward spiral of racism. Articles in the G.I. newspaper, Stars and Stripes, played up the German concentration camps, complete with photos of emaciated bodies; this amplified our self-righteous cruelty and made it easier to imitate behavior we were supposed to oppose. Also, I think, soldiers not exposed to combat were trying to prove how tough they were by taking it out on the prisoners and civilians.

These prisoners, I found out, were mostly farmers and workingmen, as simple and ignorant as many of our own troops. As time went on, more of them lapsed into a zombie-like state of listlessness, while others tried to escape in a demented or suicidal fashion, running through open fields in broad daylight towards the Rhine to quench their thirst. They were mowed down. Some prisoners were as eager for cigarettes as for food, saying they took the edge off their hunger. Accordingly, enterprising G.I. "Yankee traders" were acquiring hordes of watches and rings in exchange for handfuls of cigarettes or less. When I began throwing cartons of cigarettes to the prisoners to ruin this trade, I was threatened by rank-and-file G.I.s too.

The only bright spot in this gloomy picture came one night when I was put on the "graveyard shift," from two to four A.M. Actually, there was a graveyard on the uphill side of this enclosure, not many yards away. My superiors had forgotten to give me a flashlight and I hadn't bothered to ask for one, disgusted as I was with the whole situation by that time. It was a fairly bright night and I soon became aware of a prisoner crawling under the wires towards the graveyard. We were supposed to shoot escapees on sight, so I started to get up from the ground to warn him to get back. Suddenly I noticed another prisoner crawling from the graveyard back to the enclosure. They were risking their lives to get to the graveyard for something; I had to investigate.

When I entered the gloom of this shrubby, tree-shaded cemetery, I felt completely vulnerable, but somehow curiosity kept me moving. Despite my caution, I tripped over the legs of someone in a prone position. Whipping my rifle around while stumbling and trying to regain composure of mind and body, I soon was relieved I hadn't reflexively fired. The figure sat up. Gradually, I could see the beautiful but terror-stricken face of a woman with a picnic basket nearby. German civilians were not allowed to feed, nor even come near the prisoners, so I quickly assured her I approved of what she was doing, not to be afraid, and that I would leave the graveyard to get out of the way.

I did so immediately and sat down, leaning against a tree at the edge of the cemetery to be inconspicuous and not frighten the prisoners. I imagined then, and still do now, what it would be like to meet a beautiful woman with a picnic basket, under those conditions as a prisoner. I have never forgotten her face.

Eventually, more prisoners crawled back to the enclosure. I saw they were dragging food to their comrades and could only admire their courage and devotion.

On May 8, V.E. Day, I decided to celebrate with some prisoners I was guarding who were baking bread the other prisoners occasionally received. This group had all the bread they could eat, and shared the jovial mood generated by the end of the war. We all thought we were going home soon, a pathetic hope on their part. We were in what was to become the French zone, where I soon would witness the brutality of the French soldiers when we transferred our prisoners to them for their slave labor camps.

On this day, however, we were happy.

As a gesture of friendliness, I emptied my rifle and stood it in the corner, even allowing them to play with it at their request! This thoroughly "broke the ice," and soon we were singing songs we taught each other or I had learned in high school German ("Du, du liegst mir im Herzen"). Out of gratitude, they baked me a special small loaf of sweet bread, the only possible present they had left to offer. I stuffed it in my "Eisenhower jacket" and snuck it back to my barracks, eating it when I had privacy. I have never tasted more delicious bread, nor felt a deeper sense of communion while eating it. I believe a cosmic sense of Christ (the Oneness of all Being) revealed its normally hidden presence to me on that occasion, influencing my later decision to major in philosophy and religion.

Shortly afterwards, some of our weak and sickly prisoners were marched off by French soldiers to their camp. We were riding on a truck behind this column. Temporarily, it slowed down and dropped back, perhaps because the driver was as shocked as I was. Whenever a German prisoner staggered or dropped back, he was hit on the head with a club until he died. The bodies were rolled to the side of the road to be picked up by another truck. For many, this quick death might have been preferable to slow starvation in our "killing fields."

When I finally saw the German women in a separate enclosure, I asked why we were holding them prisoner. I was told they were "camp followers," selected as breeding stock for the S.S. to create a super-race. I spoke to some and must say I never met a more spirited or attractive group of women. I certainly didn't think they deserved imprisonment.

I was used increasingly as an interpreter, and was able to prevent some particularly unfortunate arrests. One rather amusing incident involved an old farmer who was being dragged away by several MP's I was told he had a "fancy Nazi medal," which they showed me. Fortunately, I had a chart identifying such medals. He'd been awarded it for having five children! Perhaps his wife was somewhat relieved to get him "off her back," but I didn't think one of our death camps was a fair punishment for his contribution to Germany. The MP's agreed and released him to continue his "dirty work."

Famine began to spread among the German civilians also. It was a common sight to see German women up to their elbows in our garbage cans looking for something edible -- that is, if they weren't chased away.

When I interviewed mayors of small towns and villages, I was told their supply of food had been taken away by "displaced persons" (foreigners who had worked in Germany), who packed the food on trucks and drove away. When I reported this, the response was a shrug. I never saw any Red Cross at the camp or helping civilians, although their coffee and doughnut stands were available everywhere else for us. In the meantime, the Germans had to rely on the sharing of hidden stores until the next harvest.

Hunger made German women more "available," but despite this, rape was prevalent and often accompanied by additional violence. In particular I remember an eighteen-year old woman who had the side of her faced smashed with a rifle butt and was then raped by two GI's. Even the French complained that the rapes, looting and drunken destructiveness on the part of our troops was excessive. In Le Havre, we'd been given booklets warning us that the German soldiers had maintained a high standard of behavior with French civilians who were peaceful, and that we should do the same. In this we failed miserably.

"So what?" some would say. "The enemy's atrocities were worse than ours." It is true that I experienced only the end of the war, when we were already the victors. The German opportunity for atrocities had faded; ours was at hand. But two wrongs don't make a right. Rather than copying our enemy's crimes, we should aim once and for all to break the cycle of hatred and vengeance that has plagued and distorted human history. This is why I am speaking out now, forty-five years after the crime. We can never prevent individual war crimes, but we can, if enough of us speak out, influence government policy. We can reject government propaganda that depicts our enemies as subhuman and encourages the kind of outrages I witnessed. We can protest the bombing of civilian targets, which still goes on today. And we can refuse ever to condone our government's murder of unarmed and defeated prisoners of war.

I realize it is difficult for the average citizen to admit witnessing a crime of this magnitude, especially if implicated himself. Even GI's sympathetic to the victims were afraid to complain and get into trouble, they told me. And the danger has not ceased. Since I spoke out a few weeks ago, I have received threatening calls and had my mailbox smashed. But its been worth it. Writing about these atrocities has been a catharsis of feeling suppressed too long, a liberation, and perhaps will remind other witnesses that "the truth will make us free, have no fear." We may even learn a supreme lesson from all this: only love can conquer all.

http://www.read-all-about-it.org/arc...isonGuard.html
    Wahrheit Macht Freiheit.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 04:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Thank you for posting that moving and shocking account of severe abuse of German soldiers, Untersberger. You almost never hear about the terrible suffering that Germans went through during and after the war as there must be no compassion at all for them in the eyes of the world, in spite of what they endured.

The politically correct, hateful and one-sided image of the evil German Nazi aggressor must apparently not be damaged by accounts that show that Germans were many times victims of evil and inhumanity.

Here is some more about the atrocity:

"By February 1945, the Allies collected the captured German soldiers still in France in the vicinity of the supply ports.

After crossing the Rhine, the number of prisoners exploded and temporary camps were set up in the open field along the Rhine and the Neckar rivers, from Heilbronn to Rheinsberg.

There were camps at the following locations:

Rheinberg, Remagen, Bad Kreuznach,

Büderich, Sinzig, Winzenheim, Biebelsheim,

Dietersheim, Wickrathberg, Koblenz,

Andernach, Heidesheim, Urmitz, Böhl,

Ludwigshafen és Heilbronn

Those who now believed themselves in safety were terribly wrong. The camps with 50,000 up to 100,000 men were completely overcrowded.

A total of 900,000 prisoners camped on the Rhine meadows. The future president of the United States, General Eisenhower, refused the captured soldiers the status of prisoners of war and interned them as "disarmed enemy personnel". Thus the German prisoners were denied rights under the Geneva Conventions.

DEATH ON THE RHINE MEADOWS

Everything was missing - food, drinking water, sanitation, shelter, medicine, blankets and clothing, although all that were available in sufficient quantity in the area, for example food in Wehrmacht depots and accomodation in barracks still intact. Residents of the neighborhood who wanted to help were threatened with firearm and heavy penalties.

Holes were dug with bare hands, creating a makeshift protection against wind and weather.

Due to desperate hunger the men ate almost everything: frogs, snails, roots, grass and from sheer thirst drank their own urine.

Late April began a continuous rain transforming all in wet, cold mud desert.

There were no toilets, tree trunks or simple pits were used as latrines. Due to the incredible hygienic conditions, the total malnutrition, permanent hypothermia and lack of medicine death was omnipresent.

Thousands got pneumonia, dysentery and typhoid. Tens of thousands died miserably."

http://nemet_sorstragedia_en.lorincz...rok_deutsch_en

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Prussian
    Subrace
    Faelid/Batlid
    Country
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freja_se View Post
    Thank you for posting this moving and shocking account of severe abuse of German soldiers. You almost never hear about the terrible suffering that Germans went through during and after the war as there must be no compassion at all for them in the eyes of the world, in spite of what they endured.

The politically correct, hateful and one-sided image of the evil German Nazi aggressor must apparently not be damaged by accounts that show that Germans were many times victims of evil and inhumanity.

"By February 1945, the Allies collected the captured German soldiers still in France in the vicinity of the supply ports.

After crossing the Rhine, the number of prisoners exploded and temporary camps were set up in the open field along the Rhine and the Neckar rivers, from Heilbronn to Rheinsberg.

There were camps at the following locations:

Rheinberg, Remagen, Bad Kreuznach,

Büderich, Sinzig, Winzenheim, Biebelsheim,

Dietersheim, Wickrathberg, Koblenz,

Andernach, Heidesheim, Urmitz, Böhl,

Ludwigshafen és Heilbronn

Those who now believed themselves in safety were terribly wrong. The camps with 50,000 up to 100,000 men were completely overcrowded.

A total of 900,000 prisoners camped on the Rhine meadows. The future president of the United States, General Eisenhower, refused the captured soldiers the status of prisoners of war and interned them as "disarmed enemy personnel". Thus the German prisoners were denied rights under the Geneva Conventions.

DEATH ON THE RHINE MEADOWS

Everything was missing - food, drinking water, sanitation, shelter, medicine, blankets and clothing, although all that were available in sufficient quantity in the area, for example food in Wehrmacht depots and accomodation in barracks still intact. Residents of the neighborhood who wanted to help were threatened with firearm and heavy penalties.

Holes were dug with bare hands, creating a makeshift protection against wind and weather.

Due to desperate hunger the men ate almost everything: frogs, snails, roots, grass and from sheer thirst drank their own urine.

Late April began a continuous rain transforming all in wet, cold mud desert.

There were no toilets, tree trunks or simple pits were used as latrines. Due to the incredible hygienic conditions, the total malnutrition, permanent hypothermia and lack of medicine death was omnipresent.

Thousands got pneumonia, dysentery and typhoid. Tens of thousands died miserably."

http://nemet_sorstragedia_en.lorincz...rok_deutsch_en
    It's quite sad to see that the men I would have been fighting with, if I were born earlier, were treated so poorly. My (metaphysical) countrymen, abused by the Allied powers who were in Germany "Liberating" the people. The absurd amount of historical revisionism pushed on American school children is horrid. Children aren't taught why things happened, only that "All Germans are bad", even German-Americans, chanting this mantra. It's sad when I would get looks for celebrating German-American day, or Oktoberfest. Woe is the future of this world.
    Ein Kampf, Ein Sieg! Fur Prussia!

Last Online
    Saturday, August 11th, 2012 @ 01:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The mistreatment of POW's both during and after WWII was very often atrocious and it shoud be recognised as such and not treated with a sneer by those with a vendetta against the Germans (such as the Zionists) or the ignorant masses out there that have been taught not to question what the controlled media tells them.

Between WWI and WWII we lost an unsettling amount of good blood from our gene pool and not all of it was from direct combat. I find it disturbing when the common people out in the world don't acknowledge this fact.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast