Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    This topic about Muslims in South Africa is rather interesting, and merits further discussion.

In general, it's the Coloureds who are the Muslims. So the problem is one of race, not of religion or culture. As a mixed-race population (a melting pot of whites, blacks, Malays, Indonesians, and Khoi-san), they are eternally stuck in the racial grey zone. The Coloured are neither white nor black. FearingAfrica's posts say a lot about the political reality in South Africa; it used to be "whites vs. non-whites", but nowadays the power dynamics have changed and the situation is "blacks vs. non-blacks".

In a hypothetical future Afrikaner Republic, we would have to apply the old-fashioned view on race. Basically, non-whites won't be allowed to be citizens. End of story. If we permitted all non-blacks to settle down there, it would turn into a multicultural mess and cease being an Afrikaner Republic. There is so much more to Afrikaner identity and culture, than merely speaking a funny dialect of the Afrikaans language. In order to become a citizen, you'd need to be racially compatible with them. So, that means it would be a white man's country.

Tragically, the Coloureds will be left out in the cold. They don't have a "racial bloc". The negroes already hate them, and if all whites moved over to the Afrikaner Republic, the negroes will direct their rage against the defenseless Coloured minority. As a mongrel people, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. I suppose this is a strong argument against race-mixing.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    As a Swede, would I be allowed to emigrate to an Afrikaner republic? Or will you limit white immigration, to preserve the Boer old stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Odalman View Post
    Tragically, the Coloureds will be left out in the cold. They don't have a "racial bloc". The negroes already hate them, and if all whites moved over to the Afrikaner Republic, the negroes will direct their rage against the Coloured minority. As a mongrel people, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. I suppose this is a strong argument against race-mixing.
    Yes, it's really sad. The coloureds would be left alone with racist blacks, if the white South Africans all separated themselves from the country. But at the same time, I understand why it's a necessary evil to keep out all non-whites.

Last Online
    Saturday, October 12th, 2019 @ 06:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    From a proposal put forward that I have seen it would be open to all white South Africans of European descent but they would speak Afrikaner.
    Our beauty is our power, our strength. We can’t allow them to change us, to lessen us. I will never grant them that satisfaction, and neither should you!

White Oleander

Aka GermanischerAdler Herefugol's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, November 13th, 2016 @ 08:06 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany, Norway
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In a hypothetical future Afrikaner Republic, we would have to apply the old-fashioned view on race. Basically, non-whites won't be allowed to be citizens. End of story. If we permitted all non-blacks to settle down there, it would turn into a multicultural mess and cease being an Afrikaner Republic. There is so much more to Afrikaner identity and culture, than merely speaking a funny dialect of the Afrikaans language. In order to become a citizen, you'd need to be racially compatible with them. So, that means it would be a white man's country.
    I don't think old-fashioned views like that would get anywhere in this day and age. The simple black-and-white way of looking at life too heavily resonates Apartheid, and there is no way you'll ever have that officially sanctioned internationally.

The Afrikaners need to be smart about this and make the point that the state is for Afrikaners, and Afrikaners only. There is no need to say who is not to be part of it, because you've already made it clear for whom the state is exclusively for.

It would be a homeland to protect Afrikaner identity and allow them and their culture to have self-determination. I think it would be very hard for the leftists to label such a reasonable idea "oppressive" or "racist".

Also, what do you mean by "a funny dialect of the Afrikaans language"? Perhaps you mean a development of Dutch?

Quote Originally Posted by The Aesthete View Post
    From a proposal put forward that I have seen it would be open to all white South Africans of European descent but they would speak Afrikaner.
    Sure, that'd be desirable, but it sounds more akin to White nationalism than Afrikaner nationalism/preservationism/self-determination, which, in the eyes of the international community, is a less legitimate case for the creation of a state.

Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Aesthete View Post
    Yes, Afrikaans would have to be the official language, otherwise it's not an "Afrikaner Republic" anymore. English would be the second language, and spoken by almost everyone, but it shouldn't have the same status as Afrikaans. Yes, this means that everyone, including the Anglos, would be forced to take language classes. I'm not sure if this is applicable in real life, but it's a good ideal.

As for religious freedom, I'm all for it. It's the political freedom in an Afrikaner Republic that I'm more doubtful about; the super-liberal Anglos would need to be kept in check.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    ...As for religious freedom, I'm all for it. It's the political freedom in an Afrikaner Republic that I'm more doubtful about; the super-liberal Anglos would need to be kept in check.
    Thats't the funny thing. Ones Volkstaat realises, you can be pretty damned sure that all those super-liberals, which now bad-mouth and argue against the volkstaat-idea, will move their and apply for citizenship. It has always been that way the super-liberals, no matter if they spoke Afrikaans or English, may have voted for the PFP and be members of Black sash. When it came to reality, they were pretty happy that the NP was winning elections and ruling, and as soon as the group areas act was relaxed, they were moving to all-white security complexes. Needless to say that they were amongst the first emigrating, when Mandela was taking over.
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    The establishment of Islam in South Africa is due to the Cape Malay ethnic group - a Coloured subgroup - who are Muslim by religion and Coloured by race (the term Cape Malay thereby being a slight misnomer as to their full ancestral makeup). The majority of them speak Afrikaans as their home language - from there the emergence of an Afrikaans translation of the Koran. FearingAfrica's attempt to connect the existence of an Afrikaans Koran with Afrikaners supposedly adopting or endorsing Islam is therefor grossly misleading.

Tragically, the Coloureds will be left out in the cold. They don't have a "racial bloc".
    Actually I'd disagree, but the point is irrelevant. Sympathy for other ethnic groups (or: burdening ourselves with trying to find solutions for everyone else) is ideologically and politically debilitating and sabotages our efforts, especially in feminised Western society.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanischerAdler View Post
    Also, what do you mean by "a funny dialect of the Afrikaans language"? Perhaps you mean a development of Dutch?
    I assumed he was referring to the fact that Coloureds speak Afrikaans with a particular accent and quite often with a vocabulary diverging from standard Afrikaans.

I don't think old-fashioned views like that would get anywhere in this day and age. The simple black-and-white way of looking at life too heavily resonates Apartheid, and there is no way you'll ever have that officially sanctioned internationally.
    "This day and age" will eventually come to an end, and so too its ideological masters. The inevitable farewell of "democracy", "equality", and "human rights" will introduce us to a world wherein we will be able to take charge of our societal well-being. We may just as well prepare accordingly.

Sure, that'd be desirable, but it sounds more akin to White nationalism than Afrikaner nationalism/preservationism/self-determination,
    Racially compatible immigrants to an Afrikaner state would be cases for assimilation. Of course we'd have to be diligent in our avoidance of "soft multiculturalism". The cultural-linguistic impact of Anglos on Afrikaner society during the Apartheid years and thereafter, for example, can not be allowed to remain.

Last Online
    Monday, January 23rd, 2012 @ 07:08 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Germany; The Netherlands
    Country
    Married
    Occupation
    University lecturer
    Politics
    right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormraaf View Post
    The establishment of Islam in South Africa is due to the Cape Malay ethnic group - a Coloured subgroup - who are Muslim by religion and Coloured by race (the term Cape Malay thereby being a slight misnomer as to their full ancestral makeup). The majority of them speak Afrikaans as their home language - from there the emergence of an Afrikaans translation of the Koran. FearingAfrica's attempt to connect the existence of an Afrikaans Koran with Afrikaners supposedly adopting or endorsing Islam is therefor grossly misleading.
    You are sooooo misinformed. I know many of the Cape Colored Muslims. They do the Koran in Arabic. (Have you ever been to any of their festivals? Guess not!) The Koran in Afrikaans is a project by Afrikaans speaking white persons. wwwDOTkoraninafrikaansDOTcom.

Your uninformed reaction is another reason for me to steer clear of this "homeland".

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearingAfrica View Post
    Have you ever been to any of their festivals? Guess not!
    Of course not. How xenophilic does a Germanic have to be to attend Islamic festivals?

Quote Originally Posted by FearingAfrica View Post
    The Koran in Afrikaans is a project by Afrikaans speaking white persons. wwwDOTkoraninafrikaansDOTcom.
    Maybe you should follow up on your own information. Those two pseudo-Semites are doing a new translation of the Koran - a previous Afrikaans Koran was already in existence:

But as an Afrikaans speaking person, he also realised the need for an Afrikaans translation of the Quran which was up to today's standards. "I read through the present Afrikaans translation of the Quran and when I was done, I knew I had missed something. [...]

"I decided that I would not wait on a maulana or mufti to do an updated Afrikaans translation of the Quran. Those are busy people. Instead I am using these resources to produce a wonderfully fresh translation of the Quran suitable for 2010. The present Afrikaans translation that we have - all praise to Allah - but I cannot give that to a Christian to read in the hope that he/she would embrace Islam."
    [source]

Imam Mohammed Baker of Simonstown was a qualified school teacher from the Zonnebloem College in District Six, Cape Town. He became principal of the Simonstown Muslim Mission School. Imam Baker began the first translation of the holy Qur'an into the Afrikaans language in 1956. Having completed the translation, he published it under the title Die Heilige Qur'an in 1961. The translation does not contain the Arabic text, footnotes, commentary or index.
    [source]

Last Online
    Thursday, October 27th, 2011 @ 01:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    German, Dutch, Prussian
    Country
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Married parent
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Our cultural identity as Afrikaners is that of white, European stock, speaking Afrikaans, and identifying with the religious culture of European/Protestant christianity. That is the core of the cultural identity I would like to see myself as part of, and feel at home in, should this pipe dream ever realize. Islam, whether as a religious disphilosophy or a culture, will not fit there. There is enough room for followers of this ideological psychopathology elsewhere. Likewise, people of colour, of whatever ancestry, will not fit in.
    As unpopular as the world may have found it, the principles of apartheid were fundamentally intended for the advantage of every race, on the assumption that everyone would work equally hard to make their own society work. Only one group - ours - made it work, the others stayed behind, and crying foul was the easiest way out. The rest is history.
    Our little tribe has survived lots of onslaughts, the worst of which was the genocide of the Anglo-Boer war in 1899-1902, when the concept of concentration camps were introduced to warfare for the first time in modern history. Had those 28000 women and children survived, our people would be dramatically more in numbers, and things in the Southern African region would have looked so much different. I still find it unspeakable that white people (the british) could turn on their own kind, racially speaking, the way they did. Shame on them, always. But lets move on.
    Afrikaners will continue to survive, one way or other, whether scattered around the world, or continuing here. Our biggest drawback has always been our inability to stand together. As seen earlier in this thread, there are already those who count themselves out, out of fear of not having their muslim friends over, should a new homeland realize. Sure they can visit, should they so feel, they just cannot become citizens.
    As for the issue of the koran in Afrikaans, there were translations already before the first Afrikaans translation of the Bible. So yes, it has been around for a while. Originally as mentioned it was a small community of cape coloureds who followed this, but lately, the bulk of the muslim community is of Indian ancestry. And they follow the aggressive kind of islam, not the peaceful submissive teachings the cape coloureds used to follow. Pity.
    But I digress. The idea of a homeland for my people, wow, how amazing would that be. Would it ever realize? I cannot imagine that the black masses and their leadership would ever consider this. But, even a glimmer of hope is always something to hang on to.
    Apologies, lots of babble, I'm also still new here. And I hope I did not offend anyone.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast