Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Style of Ancient Germanics Comparing with Modern Germanics

Curious

Question Style of Ancient Germanics Comparing with Modern Germanics

I have heard and read that the ancient Germanics,Slavs,Celts,Finic tribes had long hair atleast upto collar or neck length except slaves.But why do many modern Germanics have short hair styles?Please answer.

Last Online
    Monday, October 10th, 2011 @ 12:45 PM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    Europid
    Ancestry
    Deutschland, Österreich Bukovina, Lemkovina, Volhynia.
    Subrace
    Nordid, Alpinid, Baltid.
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Hired hand and student.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It depends on the tribe. Look up the Swabian knot, it's exclusive to a specific Germanic tribe. There were other styles in ancient Europe too. Slavs were known for scalplocks, shaved heads, mohawks, and long hair. Germanic people had long hair, shaved heads, etc. There are so many variations.

As for short hair, that's a very Christian influence.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germany, Scotland, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Politics
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Before Christianity became a major influence in Europe, the only ones who usually wore their hair short were the Romans. Long hair is generally what most Germanic tribesman had, with a few exceptions.

Celts usually had long hair as well, but Pictish warriors sometimes sported shaved heads and mohawkss.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 @ 08:34 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic Neo-Tribalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious View Post
    I think many have not understood my question.I wanted to know more information of hair styles of ancient Germanic and other tribes of north and why do many modern Germanic men anand considerable Germanic women have short hair styles.Is it because of the influence of Christianity or Romans?
    Well, as far as today's standards, one has to accept that hair styles are the product of fads, and trends.

If long hair on men became the new "chic" style, many men would begin growing their hair out. It is not the style, so few men (proportionally) grow their hair out.
    "So, yes, we are better than others. Our worldviews are better than those of others. This does not need to be universally true, it is enough when it is true for us." - velvet

"Our blood unity is of infinitely more worth than religious particularities;" - Chlodovech

Unregistered
    Even after the Christianisation of Europe many famous like Newton and others had long hair.Has long hair become a taboo for for men in Europe now?Has it become a convention?Also native Americans both men and women had long hair.Also north east asians and South east asians had long hair before western influence.

Curious
    Also Germanics,orginal Slavs,Celts had almost straight hair opposite of medittarrneans who have curly hair.So very short hair(not bald) can be called as Christian Semitic and Roman,Greek influence.

Curious
    Also do you have more information about ancient Germanics and other tribes?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by şeudiskaz View Post
    Well, as far as today's standards, one has to accept that hair styles are the product of fads, and trends.

If long hair on men became the new "chic" style, many men would begin growing their hair out. It is not the style, so few men (proportionally) grow their hair out.
    I also wanted to know what happened after the Christianisation of Europe..Were people cutting their short?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 @ 08:34 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic Neo-Tribalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I also wanted to know what happened after the Christianisation of Europe..Were people cutting their short?

I'm not sure. I have seen no evidence that short hair specifically is a form of Christianization. One unfortunate problem on this forum is that many people tend to find blanket scapegoats to blame unrelated problems on. Typically it's the Jews, but very often it's the grand liberal leftist-Marxist group.

In this case, I see "Christian-blaming" without any evidence to support that Christianity would have had anything to do with it. The reason for the modern style of short hair has everything to do with fashion trends, and nothing to do with Christianity.

Edit: And why don't you simply join our forum, that way we could put something of a face to a name.
    "So, yes, we are better than others. Our worldviews are better than those of others. This does not need to be universally true, it is enough when it is true for us." - velvet

"Our blood unity is of infinitely more worth than religious particularities;" - Chlodovech

Curious
    Quote Originally Posted by şeudiskaz View Post
    I'm not sure. I have seen no evidence that short hair specifically is a form of Christianization. One unfortunate problem on this forum is that many people tend to find blanket scapegoats to blame unrelated problems on. Typically it's the Jews, but very often it's the grand liberal leftist-Marxist group.

In this case, I see "Christian-blaming" without any evidence to support that Christianity would have had anything to do with it. The reason for the modern style of short hair has everything to do with fashion trends, and nothing to do with Christianity.

Edit: And why don't you simply join our forum, that way we could put something of a face to a name.
    I have no negative intentions.I am not here to find a scapegoat to blame

I am not a Germanic.So I cannot join the forum.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast