Lowlands
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Culture of Cultural Corrosion

I intend this thread to function doubly as a celebration of the myriad unique expressions of European/ Germanic culture honed and perfected over centuries of our people's existence, and a warning about the crass multikult alternatives which threaten to vulgarise or destroy them completely within a much shorter period of time.

Ballet/movement art

Ballet is universally recognised as a uniquely European expression of physical grace and beauty in movement. Ballet classes are a staple of many girls' childhoods; the art instils in them a typically European blend of passion and control with regard to their bodies, distinct from traditionally staid Asian or vigorous African rhythms. With its cultivation of self-discipline and awareness of the minutia of creative expression in the medium, this form of dance aligns with the most highly evolved of European arts. Ballet is, in the world of dance, the pinnacle of self-mastery and physical storytelling.

The alternative

The intrusion of alien cultures and peoples into Western lands has created a mixture of incongruous cultural values and genetic proclivities which, with a robust and youthful power, threatens to overwhelm wholly the dignified European sensibility that our art relies upon. Already we see a nascent triumph for two-dimensional sensualism and the ethos of instant gratification. The ascendancy of unrestrained brute instinct, of sheer animal rhythm has shattered the delicacy inherent in European movement and elevated an atavistic, tawdry and utterly foreign style of bodily communication to a kind of dissipated splendour.

In the European tradition, manifestations of rude emotion and desire take on refined and resplendent forms. They are the material of great art, not its ultimate articulation. What the new modes of dance and physical expression represent is the coarsening of etiquette and thereby the imperative to create beauty out of base passions. The very existence of passion and instinct becomes sufficient 'art' in a navel-gazing and hedonistic society.

In short, we run the risk of forgetting how to weave wonderful tapestries from the fabrics we have, and in the end we will all lie in rags because of it.

Everyone is welcome to contribute to this thread. We have a lot of culture to cover.

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 @ 03:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    German,Irish/Scottish/English,Italian, and Old Dutch/Swedish colonial bloodlines
    Ancestry
    Germany,Ireland/Scotland, and Italy
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nord Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Youth
    Politics
    Political Anarchist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thanks for the post it was a good one we definitely need to have structure and order to triumph over the brutishness of such degenerate forms of expression that are advocated in today's culture and it assuredly will win.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germany, Scotland, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    Single adult
    Politics
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This thread is a very good idea. Showing the merits of our quickly disappearing culture will help inspire it's preservation among us, or any other person who views this thread.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 @ 07:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, and Wales
    Country
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    The intrusion of alien cultures and peoples into Western lands has created a mixture of incongruous cultural values and genetic proclivities which, with a robust and youthful power, threatens to overwhelm wholly the dignified European sensibility that our art relies upon. Already we see a nascent triumph for two-dimensional sensualism and the ethos of instant gratification. The ascendancy of unrestrained brute instinct, of sheer animal rhythm has shattered the delicacy inherent in European movement and elevated an atavistic, tawdry and utterly foreign style of bodily communication to a kind of dissipated splendour.
    Dopey white kids are always looking for ways to shock their parents. Aping the antics of negroes has been a time honored way of doing that since the 20s. It's nothing new really, nor should it be seen as anything like a threat to the traditional Western arts.
    Omnia risus et omnis pulvis et omnia nihil - HPL

"Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about." - Willy Wonka

“niemand bleibt hier” - Maria Orsic

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, April 27th, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Lowlands
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post
    Dopey white kids are always looking for ways to shock their parents. Aping the antics of negroes has been a time honored way of doing that since the 20s. It's nothing new really, nor should it be seen as anything like a threat to the traditional Western arts.
    That wasn't my point. Dopey white kids' aping of negroes is just one effect of a general deterioration of the sophisticated way in which Europeans have traditionally expressed themselves. The dancing is a result of the problem, not the problem itself. That's what I was talking about in my post. The arts themselves might not be threatened -- people will always practice them -- but the spirit that created them is. Even in the traditional realms of art one can see a complete absence of any real creation; we are often presented with an ordinary thing and told that it is art just because it exists. That relies on the same kind of value subversion that is used to convince people that the 'culture enricher' deluge is a good thing, and solidarity with one's own people and traditions is bad. Eschewing the Western inheritance that disciplines us to forge something higher from base materials is our collective response to the post-modern, multiethnic, relativist cultural smog that we're all choking in.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I created a thread a while ago with a sort of related subject. The Decline of Society.

2,400 years later and how many comparable structures are being built?

Fine architecture has been turned into god knows what...

It makes me physically sick when I see farm fields and forests being cleared to make room for the above.

Art, which has been an expression of beauty for as long as we can trace historically, has been turned into avant-garde garbage, where the only value is shock value.

17,300 years old and more advanced than modern art.

Around 2,100 years old. When was the last time a great sculpture was created?

What is this garbage?

The most expensive painting in the world, worth $155 million.

2nd most expensive, $152 million.

$63 million.

"In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes."

(Yes, this is considered 'art').

All that is necessary for Evil to triumph is for good Men to do Nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    @Hildernic: I remember this one time when I was working as a museum guard watching this couple stand in front of a Jackson Pollack at just starring in awe at it. They stood there like they were receiving some kind of diving revelation from it. It was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen. This apparently sane looking couple reduced to near idiocy by this hideous piece of crap.

By contrast, the upper floors with housed many fine masterpieces from the 1500, 1600, and 1700 centuries received very little attention from the public.

Now what I took from this was not that the aesthetic tastes of people were declining, but that there will always be a small majority of people who can appreciate true beauty compared to the masses whose taste will forever be lodged in their posteriors.

Eala Freia Fresena
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The destruction of Art started around the 1900's.

the last epression of fine painting was the expressionist, after that it was crap.

The last great music was maybe Strauss, after that came jazz

The last great Poet was Rilke, after that there was a poem with the lotto numbers

And so on.

With the destruction of germanic Art there goes hand in hand a quickly growing number of jewish 'artists'.

Curious isn't it?
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Last Online
    Monday, July 25th, 2011 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post
    The last great music was maybe Strauss, after that came jazz
    The only point I disagree with, and it's only slightly. Folk Metal, a genre of modern music, has caused an (I'll use) "Awakening" in Germanic and Celtic youth. A lot of the bands are very into history, a lot use Germanic imagery, or spark interest in it. Also there are quite a few that are ridiculous and based on fantasy, but these bands bring the people looking for strictly entertainment, opening them for latter hearing more serious bands of the genre.

2 Bands of the Genre I feel are greatly helping:

Falkenbach
    Folkearth

2 I feel are nothing but fantasy but draw in listeners:

Ensiferum
    Finntroll

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    That wasn't my point. Dopey white kids' aping of negroes is just one effect of a general deterioration of the sophisticated way in which Europeans have traditionally expressed themselves. The dancing is a result of the problem, not the problem itself. That's what I was talking about in my post. The arts themselves might not be threatened -- people will always practice them -- but the spirit that created them is. Even in the traditional realms of art one can see a complete absence of any real creation; we are often presented with an ordinary thing and told that it is art just because it exists. That relies on the same kind of value subversion that is used to convince people that the 'culture enricher' deluge is a good thing, and solidarity with one's own people and traditions is bad. Eschewing the Western inheritance that disciplines us to forge something higher from base materials is our collective response to the post-modern, multiethnic, relativist cultural smog that we're all choking in.
    First off, you're assuming that ballet, chamber/classical music, and the theater have universal appeal to all whites. They don't, nor did they ever.

Also, to say that the creative artistic spirit of the Occident is somehow threatened by jive talking negroes and gyrating Hottentots just seems weird to me. I mean did Jazz destroy Western civilization? No.

That which is noble will also remain so. Nothing can tarnish a thing that is intrinsically pure. Classical Greek thought, Roman civics, Gothic architecture, Shakespeare, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner.. How can these treasure of Occidental thought ever be degraded by knuckledragging boneheads?

As for their degenerate "art", who cares? It's not as though anyone is being forced to look at or listen to it. So if some moronic White kids want to jump up and down like a apes, I say let them. Let them make fools of themselves, it doesn't affect me nor does it in any way affect those things which are our cultural artistic legacy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast