Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eppillus View Post
    The only point I disagree with, and it's only slightly. Folk Metal, a genre of modern music, has caused an (I'll use) "Awakening" in Germanic and Celtic youth. A lot of the bands are very into history, a lot use Germanic imagery, or spark interest in it. Also there are quite a few that are ridiculous and based on fantasy, but these bands bring the people looking for strictly entertainment, opening them for latter hearing more serious bands of the genre.

2 Bands of the Genre I feel are greatly helping:

Falkenbach
    Folkearth

2 I feel are nothing but fantasy but draw in listeners:

Ensiferum
    Finntroll
    The neo-folk genre has a number of Germanic heathen types in its ranks. Bands like Death In June, Fire + Ice, Harvest Rain...

An even more extreme/virulent pro-Occident musical genre is power electronics.
    Omnia risus et omnis pulvis et omnia nihil - HPL

"Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about." - Willy Wonka

“niemand bleibt hier” - Maria Orsic

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, April 27th, 2012 @ 06:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Lowlands
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post
    First off, you're assuming that ballet, chamber/classical music, and the theater have universal appeal to all whites. They don't, nor did they ever.
    I don't think that is an entailment of anything that I have said, so the assumption here is not mine. Whether these things appeal to all whites is irrelevant; they embody classical European values and standards of accomplishment.

Also, to say that the creative artistic spirit of the Occident is somehow threatened by jive talking negroes and gyrating Hottentots just seems weird to me. I mean did Jazz destroy Western civilization? No.

That which is noble will also remain so. Nothing can tarnish a thing that is intrinsically pure. Classical Greek thought, Roman civics, Gothic architecture, Shakespeare, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner.. How can these treasure of Occidental thought ever be degraded by knuckledragging boneheads?

As for their degenerate "art", who cares? It's not as though anyone is being forced to look at or listen to it. So if some moronic White kids want to jump up and down like a apes, I say let them. Let them make fools of themselves, it doesn't affect me nor does it in any way affect those things which are our cultural artistic legacy.
    Again, you miss my point. Yes, we will still have our traditional arts, but they are becoming more alien and anachronistic as the Occidental values which define them are corrupted. We can play old music, admire old buildings and discuss old philosophy till the cows come home, but the whole ethos that brought them into being is no longer a driving force in Western innovation.

There has grown up in the last century a mentality of superfluous introspection and self-sabotage; indeed, it is a culture of cultural corrosion, a kind of academic commitment to tearing down the entire Western tradition and replacing it with -- what? Cultural multiplicity and the value relativism it reinforces. Modern art necessarily engages in a deliberate action to subvert, to destroy whatever establishment of its own niche. If you can destroy (or, "challenge the tradition of") art by making everything art, you abolish the discipline that underlies the art; thus, we have a culture that glorifies the sensual, a loose culture of the easy; hence the gravitation towards negro modes of being, which run utterly contrary to Western principles. The problem is not young people's occasional emulation of negroes, it is the spiritual colonisation that it represents.

Last Online
    Friday, May 11th, 2012 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Irish/Scottish/Anglo-Saxon
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Conservative/Right-wing
    Religion
    unashamedly Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thank you for all the beautiful pictures, they are a joy to the eyes. Now here's on the degeneracy in music. This:

Wagner: Tannhauser Overture (Solti) 1/2

Wagner: Tannhauser Overture (Solti) 2/2

against this:

2PAC
    Ganz er selbst sein darf jeder nur, solange er allein ist. Wer also nicht die Einsamkeit liebt, der liebt auch nicht die Freiheit; denn nur wenn man allein ist, ist man frei. Schopenhauer

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanerin View Post
    against this:

2PAC
    I think it is important to note that it is not just black music (hip-hop, rap), but things like pop music and pretty much all music.

Most 'music' these days is some auto-tuned thing written by someone other than the singer, with electronically produced (i.e. fake) sounds inserted under the singer's voice, and some horrid thumping noise placed over the singing itself. I've never heard a modern song without the thumping noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilderinc View Post
    Art, which has been an expression of beauty for as long as we can trace historically, has been turned into avant-garde garbage, where the only value is shock value.
    To expand on this, there is a Skadi thread called Why Beauty Matters: This Video Should Be Required for Europeans. I posted a video in that thread that was of a similar idea.
    All that is necessary for Evil to triumph is for good Men to do Nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Last Online
    Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 @ 08:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, and Wales
    Country
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    Again, you miss my point. Yes, we will still have our traditional arts, but they are becoming more alien and anachronistic as the Occidental values which define them are corrupted. We can play old music, admire old buildings and discuss old philosophy till the cows come home, but the whole ethos that brought them into being is no longer a driving force in Western innovation.
    My point was that arts like ballet, classical music, and the theater appeal to the same number of people as they always have and will. There is only a small percentage of the Occidental population are hardwired to appreciate the refined aesthetic of these things. Hip hopping humanzees are not corrupting anything. They are comic relief, nothing more.

As for the ethos responsible for the Occidents greatest achievements no longer being a driving force, I just don't see it that way. Again, these great accomplishments of Occidental art were made by great individual geniuses, they are not products of the "mob."

Also, ideas are eternal. They are not corruptible, nor are they susceptible to the ravages of ages like fads are.

There has grown up in the last century a mentality of superfluous introspection and self-sabotage; indeed, it is a culture of cultural corrosion, a kind of academic commitment to tearing down the entire Western tradition and replacing it with -- what? Cultural multiplicity and the value relativism it reinforces. Modern art necessarily engages in a deliberate action to subvert, to destroy whatever establishment of its own niche. If you can destroy (or, "challenge the tradition of") art by making everything art, you abolish the discipline that underlies the art; thus, we have a culture that glorifies the sensual, a loose culture of the easy; hence the gravitation towards negro modes of being, which run utterly contrary to Western principles. The problem is not young people's occasional emulation of negroes, it is the spiritual colonisation that it represents.
    Again, what of it? There are always going to be malcontents roaming the halls of academia, so why get excited over it. It's not as though theses cultural Marxists are going to affect what either you or I believe, listen to, look at, or enjoy. Let them rant amongst themselves. They are of no consequence.

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    My point was that arts like ballet, classical music, and the theater appeal to the same number of people as they always have and will. There is only a small percentage of the Occidental population are hardwired to appreciate the refined aesthetic of these things.
    And these used to be the nobility, who funded and promoted the best of us through their wealth and influence. This made the great composers and the great artists happy in their station, and they gave us more great culture. Where is this patronage now?

'Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws.' - Mayer Amschel Rothschild
    Ah. Nevermind. Now we know why the definition of art has changed to crap.

Also, ideas are eternal. They are not corruptible, nor are they susceptible to the ravages of ages like fads are.
    Maybe so, but in practical application, ideas are nothing without a people to cherish and espouse them.

Again, what of it? There are always going to be malcontents roaming the halls of academia, so why get excited over it. It's not as though theses cultural Marxists are going to affect what either you or I believe, listen to, look at, or enjoy. Let them rant amongst themselves. They are of no consequence.
    Ahh, but you are very wrong... because power is of consequence. These cultural marxists are at the helm of television networks and publishing houses, teachers' unions and powerful lobbies that influence government. It's not a joke. It's not a game. It's deadly serious, and this is why more of our sons are like Eminem and fewer are like Beethoven. It MATTERS.
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 @ 08:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, and Wales
    Country
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn View Post
    And these used to be the nobility, who funded and promoted the best of us through their wealth and influence. This made the great composers and the great artists happy in their station, and they gave us more great culture. Where is this patronage now?
    I would agree with you on this point. The lack of sponsorship of truly gifted artists, composers, and sculptors is truly regrettable.

Ah. Nevermind. Now we know why the definition of art has changed to crap.
    The old definition has only changed if you have allowed yourself to accept the new one put forth by the cultural Marxists.

Maybe so, but in practical application, ideas are nothing without a people to cherish and espouse them.
    That's what we're for, isn't it?

Ahh, but you are very wrong... because power is of consequence. These cultural marxists are at the helm of television networks and publishing houses, teachers' unions and powerful lobbies that influence government. It's not a joke. It's not a game. It's deadly serious, and this is why more of our sons are like Eminem and fewer are like Beethoven. It MATTERS.
    I don't watch television, don't read "popular" books, or have any interaction with teacher's unions. None of these things affect me in any way, so they are completely powerless. So no, none of the things you've mentioned really matter to anyone capable of thinking for themselves.

As for Beethoven, he was not the product his environment. He was born a genius, just like all the other great artists of history. So worrying over the what the masses believe or respond to culturally/artistically is pointless. They are not creators, just consumers.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 20th, 2017 @ 09:12 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Ancestry
    Germany/Ireland (Viking?)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian (non-denominational)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Culture of Cultural Corrosion

This is yet another depressing topic thread, but it IS a valid and relevant one full of truth.

I think alot of this seemingly rapid decline in what constitutes "art" occurred in the 1980s, when (c)Rap music first appeared on the scene.

I was working as a stagehand in my hometown of San Antonio, working on anything and everything to do with entertainment - plays, ballets, rock concerts, movies, etc.

The (c)Rap music band RUN DMC came to town and did a concert and never having heard of this type of "music" (and I use the term very loosely here), I simply could not believe this was "art."

As we have seen over the years since then gangsta rap has grown exponentially in popularity. It's misogynistic tone, glamorizing gun violence and gang activity has resulted in the creation of the "Wigger", so now it is perceived to be hip and cool if you are White but act like a Negro. I refer to it as the "Negrofication of America."

America has become obsessed with the "celebration of celebrity", and such "icons" as Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga are considered "gifted and talented individuals" (yeah right).

I do not consider myself very "cultured" when it comes to art, but I can certainly appreciate it (and do), and I will take Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Tschaikovsky and the rest of the classical composers over this modern day garbage any day - and what's more, where will Spears, Gaga and the others' music be in say 50 to 100 years?

Definitely food for thought and what REALLY constitutes and defines the meaning of TRUE "art."
    Last edited by TXRog; Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    The old definition has only changed if you have allowed yourself to accept the new one put forth by the cultural Marxists.
    You do understand what I was saying, that the money went from being in the hands of the nobility to being mainly in the hands of the Jews, correct? So instead of the Duke of Wherever commissioning Mozart to write a symphony, you have people like the Bronfmans deciding to record and publish rap music full of testosterone while the only white artists he publishes are whining wussy boys. This fits the Jewish cultural marxist agenda of destroying the image of the European male in the minds of young, fertile women and promoting the negro.

I don't watch television, don't read "popular" books, or have any interaction with teacher's unions. None of these things affect me in any way, so they are completely powerless. So no, none of the things you've mentioned really matter to anyone capable of thinking for themselves.
    This isn't about you, and it isn't about any individual, but rather the organic group which forms a society. I understand that, as one who despises collectivism, you may not accept that the group has any importance, but it certainly does. All culture is a result of group interaction, and as social creatures who depend upon one another, we need a cohesive group which expounds a common culture. Otherwise we are just primitives in a cave who have to supply everything we eat and use ourselves.

As for Beethoven, he was not the product his environment. He was born a genius, just like all the other great artists of history. So worrying over the what the masses believe or respond to culturally/artistically is pointless. They are not creators, just consumers.
    If Beethoven were born today, into his common, low income background, how do you think he would use his talent and genius? He would have to work with what he found around him as the accepted culture, which today is a far lower and less-European thing than it was 200 years ago.
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    British Isles
    Ancestry
    All over the British isles
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    National Socialist
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    100 years ago,there would be no such thing as 'African influenced of music' IN side Europe's boundaries, only classical music. I am now afraid that African RNB music is our main culture of music in all European based countries! Yes, introducing other cultures has killed our inspiration for our classical music which had meaning. I am pretty sure that if we had no Africans living in our boarders,we would had been brought up with classical music as the norm (which how most Europeans see African RNB music today) Dancing was not our thing either! It's more of an African theme!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast