Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Places to Visit in Sweden

  1. #1
    Like nobody else
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Swedish and Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    NS
    Posts
    687
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

    Places to Visit in Sweden

    I thought this thread might be a help to people who will visit Sweden and wants to know where to go and what to see. So I will simply list some of the tourist attractions I know of and I hope others will contribute too.


    If you plan on visit Stockholm and you're interested in the viking era you can take a trip to Birka. I haven't yet seen it myself but I'll go there next summer. Visiting Birka is said to be like taking a trip back in time and the nature on the island is just wonderful itself. Some say that Birka was the first town in Sweden's history, a viking town for business and trading, and it was established in the 8th century. Today the little town is being restored to what the scientists believe it looked like and they still make findings from the viking era in the area called "black soil" on the Island of Björkö. You can visit the Birka museum and spend a day in the viking village, learning to shoot with bows and eat proper food of the vikings. You can also dress up in typical viking clothes, visit the ''black soil'' and spend the night in one of the tents on the island if you wish to stay a little longer.

    You can get guided tours in both Swedish and English.










    Website in Swedish with pictures and film.
    A democracy is nothing more than mob rule,
    where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.

  2. #2
    Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Hersir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Posts
    6,078
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,038
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    773
    Thanked in
    350 Posts
    The rock carvings in the old Norwegian area in Bohuslän are very nice!

    Pictures http://www.google.no/search?q=rock+c...ed=0CBAQ_AUoAQ

  3. #3
    Like nobody else
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Swedish and Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    NS
    Posts
    687
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    In Stockholm you also have the Historical Museum of course, a great place to learn about Sweden's history. I was there this spring and it is such a great place to visit. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to see it all (it's a huge building), but the parts we did see was really great, and the viking part was the best of it. It was loaded with lots of things from the viking era, everything from runestones and skeletons of their horses and dogs to jewelry and weapons.

    From the website:
    The National Historical Museum is packed with history spanning thousands of years, from as far back into prehistory as we can go, via the Viking era to the Middle Ages. Encounter the most fantastic artefacts and lose yourself in stories about the past and the people who lived before us.





    Just a block away from the Historical Museum you can also find Djurgårdsbron (the Djurgården Bridge) with its famous statues of the Norse Gods. There's one god in each side of the bridge - Heimdall, Frigg, Freya and Thor.

    A democracy is nothing more than mob rule,
    where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.

  4. #4
    Like nobody else
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Swedish and Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    NS
    Posts
    687
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    The rock carvings in the old Norwegian area in Bohuslän are very nice!
    Yes, rock carvings are great, we have quite a few here in the south too. We found one of these places (by accident actually) when we were out looking for runestones in Scania in april.



    The person in this picture is probably a male....
    A democracy is nothing more than mob rule,
    where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Liemannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 06:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Vastergotland Vastergotland
    Gender
    Age
    57
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Research
    Posts
    220
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Svea View Post
    Yes, rock carvings are great, we have quite a few here in the south too. We found one of these places (by accident actually) when we were out looking for runestones in Scania in april.
    Looks like Simris.
    http://www.kringla.nu/kringla/objekt...0034273&flik=0
    Very nice place and easily accessible.


    Some useful links:
    ¤ Svenskt Hällristningsforskningsarkiv, www.shfa.se
    ¤ Scandinavian society for prehistoric art, www.rockartscandinavia.se
    ¤ Vitlycke museum, www.vitlyckemuseum.se
    ¤ Stiftelsen för dokumentation av Bohusläns hällristningar, www.hallristning.se
    ¤ Alta museum, www.alta.museum.no
    ¤ Nämforsen, www.namforsen.com
    ¤ Föreningen forntid i Norrköping, www.ffin.se
    ¤ Rock Care, www.w-heritage.org
    ¤ Rock Art in Northern Europe, www.rane-online.org

  6. #6
    Like nobody else
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Swedish and Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    NS
    Posts
    687
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

    Ales Stenar

    Ales Stenar (Ale's Stones) is a megalithic monument from the bronze age, situated on the southern coast of Scania. It consists of a stone ship 67 meters long formed by 59 large boulders of sandstone, weighing up to 1.8 tonnes each.

    Information board at Ale Stenar (Swedish and English):
    Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

    "In Sweden, archaeoastronomic studies of the Bronze Age stone settings Ales stenar and Stenhed have revealed that they have been constructed to mark the vernal and autumnal equinoxes and the sun calendaric turning points at the winter solstice and summer solstice, i.e. for the sake of time calculation. In reality the opposing sun stones of Ales stenar and Stenhed are so carefully placed that they even today can by used to account for the 365 days of a solar year and the 24 hours of day and night. Havängsdösen, situated a couple of miles from Ales stenar and Stenhed, is about 5.000 years old and was also built with the sun as the guiding instrument. This means that the inhabitants of the North of ancient times (even in comparison with other culture people of prehistory) had very advanced knowledge of astronomy and mathematics." -BG Lind

    http://www.alesstenar.com/eng/indexeng.htm








  7. #7
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Blood_Axis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Gender
    Age
    41
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Posts
    5,158
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    31
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Visit Uppsala, one of the loveliest towns I've ever visited. It's like a fairy tale

  8. #8
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    renownedwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 @ 02:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Location
    Wales
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Posts
    814
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Uppsala is a lovely place.

  9. #9
    Senior Member The Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 05:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Gender
    Politics
    Nordish Preservationist
    Posts
    2,203
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    302
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Great thread!

    Can you recommend any good places to visit in Uppsala?
    Our beauty is our power, our strength. We can’t allow them to change us, to lessen us. I will never grant them that satisfaction, and neither should you!

    White Oleander

  10. #10
    Senior Member Olavssønn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:38 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    My known ancestry is Norwegian
    State
    Nordic Union Nordic Union
    Location
    Västra Värmland
    Gender
    Age
    26
    Politics
    Identitarian
    Religion
    Germanic & Indo-European Heathen
    Posts
    374
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Aesthete View Post
    Great thread!

    Can you recommend any good places to visit in Uppsala?
    I haven't been in Uppsala yet (I'm very interested in going there), but I would definitely want to visit the old pre-Christian burial mounds.







    The greatest Swedish Heathen temple dedicated to the Germanic gods used to be here, before they built a church on its place.
    "Man evolved in cooperating groups united by common cultural and genetic ties, and it is only in such a setting that the individual can feel truly free, and truly protected. Men cannot live happily alone and without values or any sense of identity…" - Alain de Benoist
    Motpol.nu - Alternative Right - Arktos.com
    Click here for a sound-track to my posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Places to Avoid in Sweden
    By Ishild in forum Sweden
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Friday, August 17th, 2012, 09:09 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Friday, March 5th, 2010, 10:38 AM
  3. Community Gardens: Places For Food Production, Places For People
    By Frans_Jozef in forum Self-Reliance, Off Grid, & Gardening
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, September 11th, 2007, 01:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •