State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I'm only partially familiar with the case. From what I can piece together, though, the defence was pretty absurd. Unless I'm completely mistaken, they actually convinced the jury that the death was an accident even though the body was found gagged and bound. WTF?

Last Online
    Thursday, September 28th, 2017 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Scottland, England, Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    California California
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Medical
    Politics
    Republican/Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
    Atali, I forgot to add this on my last post. I found this photo awhile ago, I think your are going to like it.

Omg I LOVE IT! I have to send this to my Dad lol!

Last Online
    Thursday, September 28th, 2017 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Scottland, England, Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    California California
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Medical
    Politics
    Republican/Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    I'm only partially familiar with the case. From what I can piece together, though, the defence was pretty absurd. Unless I'm completely mistaken, they actually convinced the jury that the death was an accident even though the body was found gagged and bound. WTF?
    I do not understand how the defence could have messed this up! I don't have any credentials to defend someone, especially a murdered child...but I damn well would have done a better job then making this sound accidental

Last Online
    Monday, August 13th, 2012 @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic-American
    Ancestry
    Swiss/Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Arizona Arizona
    Occupation
    Tech Support
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    She got off? Good for her. She sets an example for the world today.
    So you are saying that parents should be able to murder their unwanted children? Please explain.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePercent View Post
    So you are saying that parents should be able to murder their unwanted children? Please explain.
    Moralfags are a strange and internally inconsistent bunch. This one cares about the feelings of Jews and black people, but doesn't give any particular shit about murdered children.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 09:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Only thing that ever brought my attention was that she has two first names (Casey, Anthony).
    Actually Casey is a variation of the Irish surname "O'Casey".

In general, Casey is a common variation of the Irish Gaelic cathasaigh, meaning vigilant, brave, or watchful.
    Wiki.
    So in fact she has a surname for a first name and a first name for a surname.

Anyway, she is obviously guilty of murder, either directly (most likely) or else of hiring someone else to do it for her.The fact that she shows no remorse at all is second only to the actual murder in terms of outrage.

However, I see the outcome more as a failure of the police and the prosecuting team rather than of the jury. The Jury are under clear instructions to base their decision only on the evidence presented to them and on nothing else.
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    The skeletal remains were found in a plastic garbage bag 5 months after the child was last seen alive. A piece of duct tape was sticking to the skull, but no DNA or prints were found on it. Odd considering that tape is adhesive you would think that thee would have been something on it, if the tape came in contact with the body before decomposure.

It is possible the death was an accident - not likely a pool drowning because no one ever covers those up & I have never heard of anyone being prosecuted in those cases (they were not unusual in Arizona). One possibility is Casey Anthony left her child in the car while doing whatever it was she was doing & the child died of heat stroke. That also happens in Arizona & people do sometimes get prosecuted for it, even if the children do not die. If it is an accident (one parent thinks the other got the kid out) usually no gets into legal trouble but if it is done intentionally then manslaughter charges are likely. It doesn't take long for a child to die in a car in hot weather, less then 1/2 hour. Anthony covered up the death for 31 days, that proves to me that was negligently responsible, at least. The prosecution should have charged her with second degree manslaughter instead of first dgree murder, they could have got a conviction.

Only thing that ever brought my attention was that she has two first names (Casey, Anthony).
    You mean what is considered as a forename as a surname. Anthony's father looks Italian, most persons surnamed Anthony in the US are Italian, Antonio > Anthony. Casey also use to be exclusively a surname & then mothers in the 80s decided it was a cute firstname for girls.

Ein echter Deutscher
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horned God View Post
    Actually Casey is a variation of the Irish surname "O'Casey".

However, I see the outcome more as a failure of the police and the prosecuting team rather than of the jury. The Jury are under clear instructions to base their decision only on the evidence presented to them and on nothing else.
    I agree. She disappeared in June. A utility meter reader called the police 3 times in August about a suspicious bag (which turned out to contain the body) and each time they told him to pound sand

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 09:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    One possibility is Casey Anthony left her child in the car while doing whatever it was she was doing & the child died of heat stroke.
    One would expect that virtually any mother who accidentally baked her child in a car on a hot day would experience extreme perhaps crippling remorse.

Even if she didn't have an especially strong love for the child or hadn't been a perfect mother, that fact alone would if anything, cause most berived women even greater pangs of guilt. Casey Anthony on the other hand and by all accounts went out clubbing and partying the day her daughter disappeared, and in the weeks afterwards.

That would be extremely unusual behaviour for a mother who has recently lost a child because of a tragic accident. But it would be behaviour quite consistent with a socio-pathic personality who had (in her own view) just pulled off a daring manoeuvre and rid herself of the major obstacle preventing her from enjoying an otherwise carefree existence, i.e her child.

It is not impossible that the death was accidental, all things considered though, the balance of probability seems to weigh rather strongly against it.
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horned God View Post
    It is not impossible that the death was accidental, all things considered though, the balance of probability seems to weigh rather strongly against it.
    It is very possible that the death was premeditated murder but there was no evidence to prove it. The most the prosecution had was the fact that someone was searching for how to make chloroform & breaking necks on Casey's computor a couple of months before Caylee disappeared. But she could have been researching on how to kill a cat. The cause of death is unknown. Most of the forensic evidence was questionable, including an expert for the prosecution who "tested" the air in the car trunk & said a decomposing body had been there - forensic techniques that are not widely accepted at present. But even if the body was in the trunk that doesn't show how Caylee died. At the least Casey Anthony is guilty of criminal negligence, the prosecution could have gotton a guilty verdict if they had charged her with that, she wouldn't be facing release this Saturday. But the prosecutor overreached in charging first degree murder.

The Florida justice system is screwy. Several years ago brothers, 13 & 12, killed their father in Pensacola. The prosecutor wanted to put them away for life. In spite of the fact that a pedophile was having a sexual relationship with the younger brother, had committed custodial interference & at the least was an accessor after the fact & maybe the instigator of the murder. The brothers ended up serving 7 years, the prosecutor thought they got off likely.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast