Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Non-Racists in This Community?

A reply to a post from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cythraul View Post
    All the best to you and yours.

I took a lengthy break from the Althing for almost identical reasons to yours. I felt very much like I was the only anti-racist member but now I feel quite re-assured that there are a handful of similar-minded members and it gave me the stomach to return. Of course, your mother must come first but know that there is a strong group of non and anti-racists members here. Take care.
    I am a non-racist member as well. I believe we are more than one would think at first sight.

Non-racist and anti-racist members, please check in into this thread. This means all our members who are not racist and/or oppose racism, but still believe in the preservation of our Germanic heritage. How is your stance on racism? What about your stance on multiculturalism? Feel free to discuss anything else than concerns us.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    Well, I put my post here...

I am not an anti-racist, at least I don't define me that way because I am focused on my own folk, but I am surely non-racist and I feel quite at home here. This forum is your home too. Reading the mission statement you'll see it's not even dedicated to racists in the first place, it's for people who care about the preservation of their heritage.

Anyway what I think of racism, I define racism as hatread for other races and I don't think it's good to re volve around it. What I think of multiculturalism, I think the way multiculturalism is meant by most members here, it's a threat to Germanic preservation. I don't hate other races, but it doesn't mean I want them here either. However, I support ethnic plurality in countries like mine, and the preservation of each of our cultures.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 @ 09:44 AM
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't have a particular "stance" on it, it's just that I've yet to see any of these "racists" present an argument than wasn't at least partly or wholly, based on ignorance, hate, and just plain stupidity. I don't hate any other people purely because of their race, and I don't think Europeans are "superior", it's as simple as that.

As far as multiculturalism, well that should be pretty obvious. No, of course not. The majority of these people who support multiculturalism are not even interested in having multiple cultures living side by side (which usually doesn't work anyway), but instead are interested in the formation of some uniculture, which actually disgusts me.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 @ 08:02 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I am not a racist and I believe in the preciousness of each culture and race here on earth. Blunt racism is in a sense an enemy of preservation since racism gives any preservationist iniatives and movement a bad name from the start and makes sure that these get denoted as xenophonic. In a sense racism is the biggest friend of those that want to enfore a multicultural society.

As a person I am only interested in the social, linguistic, architectural and cultural preservation- and not that much in the ethnic part allthough I do value my own ethnicity. It is the present day culture of my fellow Dutch youngfolk (and my sincere dislike of that "culture" and the "plebseration"- as I always call it- of my society in general) that made me look over the border for a relationship (and who knows more).
    I value foreign ethnicities and cultures as much as I value my own but I do not want to have a multicultural society here just as much as I don't want to impose my culture on foreign lands and as such I do not believe in the superiority of my culture over others nor do I believe in their superiority over mine.
    A Latin phrase would be the best way to describe my feelings towards multiculturalism "Gallia amica- non vicina" (France as a friend- not as a neighbour) and I mean that quite literary in respect to other cultures. Live here but be Dutch and fit in- otherwise go home and stay there.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 25th, 2010 @ 11:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Schlesien, Brandenburg, Burgenland, Sicilu- Norman
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Burgenland Burgenland
    Married, happily
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Racism has a long ugly history and it's no basis for understanding or preserving heritage or culture. Count me anti-racist. I've never had the "luxury" of pretending there aren't other people in the world who deserve a decent life. I'm offended by simplistic multiculturism because it always assumes the predominant culture is oppressive. Its very existence invites the type of backlash it presumes to cure. It's intolerance based on tolerance.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kreis AnnA For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, September 28th, 2008 @ 03:36 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dagna, you realise that the space under the username can be used to form political parties right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagna
    Non-racist and anti-racist members, please check in into this thread. This means all our members who are not racist and/or oppose racism, but still believe in the preservation of our Germanic heritage. How is your stance on racism? What about your stance on multiculturalism? Feel free to discuss anything else than concerns us.
    I don't take a position on race. When the only paternal wisdom given to you as a child is "never trust a man who wears a tie," it feels unrealistic to speak of an Australian blood-mind. I also happen to believe in multiculturalism (obviously not Locke's idea of mutual tolerance between equals, with nothing being tolerated) and minimising public differences.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hiberno-Norman
    Subrace
    UP/Atlanto Med
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    B-School, Demolition
    Politics
    I do what I can
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    How would you define racism? In my day to day life when dealing with people I evaluate them as individuals. I don't define individuals by the stereotypes of the groups they fall into, but rather on how they conduct themselves. One thing I have noticed however, is that members of certain groups i.e. blacks are overwhelmingly more likely to have a lot of traits which I find less respectable than other groups. It seems to me that to some people, exercising common sense or merely accurately describing what i see going on the world around me is racist.

Ultimately, the way I treat people isn't based on race, but there is a loud and clear pattern of certain races having a higher proportion of individuals who are not deserving of my respect. If someone sees a fault in me for that, i think they are being just as ignorant as someone who assumes that every black person they see is a drug addicted welfare recipient who has children with multiple partners.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    How is racist defined? And what is an anti-racist? If I go out of my way to hire a White person over a Negro, Latiño or Asian does that make me a racist? How can I practice preservationism - which I view as showing favoritism to members of my own race & ethnicity - without being a racist? How can a White person practice racial solidarity or show racial pride in the ways that non-Whites do without being a racist? For instance when 90% of Negroes vote for Barack Obama they are showing racial pride but when 2/3 of White voters go for Hillary, well those White folks must be racists.eyes:

According to the powers that be, advocating preservation of Europid societies & peoples is racist. There is no way you can be for Germanic preservation without certain people labeling you racist, so get over it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Æmeric For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Thursday, March 25th, 2010 @ 11:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Schlesien, Brandenburg, Burgenland, Sicilu- Norman
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    State
    Burgenland Burgenland
    Married, happily
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Freedom of association is applicable to small, privately held companies. If you've got one, then you decide who works for whatever reasons you choose. Just because some people want to label preservation as racist, doesn't make it so. Nobody owns words and their meanings change over time. I don't fall victim to others words, I stand for my own. I don't have miscegentated children, and they won't be miscegenating. Not because they dislike or hate others, but because they like who they are.

Just because I eat Chinese take out, doesn't mean I'm changing my name to Chin.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, September 28th, 2008 @ 03:36 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreis AnnA
    Just because I eat Chinese take out, doesn't mean I'm changing my name to Chin.
    All gods forfend...

Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast