Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: English or Brit(ish)? What is the Difference?

  1. #21
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Monday, February 13th, 2012 @ 08:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    London
    Subrace
    North-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Classics student
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalism/pro-monarchy
    Religion
    Ancestor Worship/Agnostic
    Posts
    132
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bæny View Post
    But Sean Connery looks blonde to me
    His natural hair colour is dark brown (obviously he's gray now):



    He's also got olive skin and dark eyes - as did the Mediterranid aborigines of Britain. Most British actors or celebrities are dark haired.

    Rowan Atkinson (pure english):



    - Black haired, dark eyed, again with sort of 'olive' shade of skin.


    and Nick Griffin has blue eyes,
    The light eye is fake, its made of glass (he is half blind). His natural eye colour looks far darker.

    Catherine Z-J is Welsh where people tend to be darker, and Zeta is a foreign name anyway
    I'm just saying that where I live most people I come across are lighter eyed, for example 3/4 of my grandparents are blue-eyed.
    Catherine Zeta Jones is Welsh/Irish. Nothing foreign about her.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Linden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Gender
    Age
    27
    Posts
    427
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyramidologist View Post
    The aboriginal Britons were dark eyed and dark haired, which the bulk of white British descend. The purest of these types are found in Cornwall (short, olive skinned, brown eyes, black haired) and isolated parts of Wales or Scotland.The Saxon, Norse and Norman genetic input was small. Most British descend purely or partially from the neolithic dark haired, dark eyed aborigines which is why most anthropologists consider Britons to be either Mediterranid or ''Nordic-Mediterraneanoid'' (an intermediate racial type e.g. dark haired but light eyed, or vice versa).
    Upon the successful Roman invasion of Britain in AD 43, it was noted by the Romans that the native Britons were fair haired and pale skinned. They were said to have looked similar to the people of Gallia Belgica (the Roman Province on the opposite side of the English Channel).

    The assumption that the true native Britons were dark haired and olive skinned is indeed false. The darker skinned population arrived in Britain centuries after the fair haired, pale skinned population. It is now accepted that the majority of the pre-Germanic British population originated from across the English Channel from modern day Belgium, northern France and the Netherlands.

    About 1,200 years after these people crossed the English Channel, the darker skinned Basques (of whom I believe you are referring to) settled on the Western extremities of the British Isles (Cornwall, Ireland, south west Scotland and Wales). Much of eastern England had been inhabited by the fairer skinned population, therefore the only land left available for settlement was in the west. As a result, the Irish Sea became a 'highway' for the Basques. Today the effects of this are still noticeable, as the skin colour of the Welsh is well known for being much darker than that of the other British people.

    However, to say that the bulk of the English population descended from pre-Germanic Basques is absolute trash, for two reasons:

    1) At the time of the Roman invasion of Britain, the estimated population of England was 30,000-40,000. Perhaps only 5,000 of whom were 'Basque'.

    2) It is estimated that before the Anglo-Saxon invasion of England, the population was about 200,000. Afterwards, this figure stood at 900,000. It is estimated that between 250,000-300,000 Angles, Jutes and Saxons arrived during this invasion. Evidently, they vastly outnumbered the native Britons, and quickly began to populate their newly acquired lands. It is, therefore, accurate to say that the bulk of the British population today descend from Anglo-Saxons.

    In addition to the points made above, much of the pre-Germanic population were forced from England by the Anglo-Saxons. It is thought that upto 50% were killed by the Anglo-Saxons, while the rest were forced into the extreme corners of Britain, and some were forced to flee to Brittany (France) and Ireland.

    As mentioned by 'Einarr', the 'typical Brits' of whom you have mentioned are far from being typical. Other examples are needed.

  3. #23
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,111
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyramidologist View Post
    The aboriginal Britons were dark eyed and dark haired
    No they weren't. This is a common mistake, based on the fact that the Welsh, Cornish and Picts tend to be darker than other Britons. The truth is, though, that the Silures (South Welsh) and Picts were always darker than other indigenous tribes (see Tactitus). But if what you say were true, it would prove that modern Britons aren't primarily descended from aboriginal tribes, since most of us don't look like Silures or Picts.

    which the bulk of white British descend.
    I'm not sure about proportions (because nobody is), but we descend from indigenous Britons and continental Germanics, hence our close genetic affiliation with both the Irish and the Dutch, Danes and North Germans.

    The purest of these types are found in Cornwall (short, olive skinned, brown eyes, black haired) and isolated parts of Wales or Scotland.The Saxon, Norse and Norman genetic input was small.
    So modern Britons are overwhelmingly descended from short, olive skinned, dark hair and eyed Britons, but the 'small' Saxon, Norse and Norman input somehow made us tall, pale, light-eyed and medium-haired? Those were some powerful Germanic genes.

    Most British descend purely or partially from the neolithic dark haired, dark eyed aborigines which is why most anthropologists consider Britons to be either Mediterranid or ''Nordic-Mediterraneanoid'' (an intermediate racial type e.g. dark haired but light eyed, or vice versa).
    Ah, you're one of those. I've met a lot of people online who like to cling to some obscure and laughably untenable racial theories with no respect whatsoever for logic or facts. The reason Londoners are darker than the rest of us (probably including the Cornish) is that it was always the number one destination for foreigners: Jews, Italians, heck, it's even had moderate to large Negro populations over the centuries. A lot of filthy Romany settled in the East End too. It's probably -- genetically speaking -- the least English part of England, and the least British part of Britain. Not the best population to use as a generalisable sample of average Britons.

    Btw, the Cornish aren't really as you described them:


  4. #24
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Monday, February 13th, 2012 @ 08:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    London
    Subrace
    North-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Classics student
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalism/pro-monarchy
    Religion
    Ancestor Worship/Agnostic
    Posts
    132
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Upon the successful Roman invasion of Britain in AD 43, it was noted by the Romans that the native Britons were fair haired and pale skinned.
    Very incorrect. The only fair-haired people described by the Romans were the Caledonians, but Tacitus wrote they came from Germany: magni artus Germanicam originem adseverant, Caledonians pro-claim a German origin (Agricola. 11). They were therefore not from the neolithic or mesolithic stock of Britain.

    The British aborigines were olive skinned and dark haired, like the Baqsues. The Silures of Britain are described as darkish skinned, from Tacitus:

    ''The dark complexion of the Silures, their usually curly hair, and the fact that Spain is the opposite shore to them, are an evidence that Iberians of a former date crossed over and occupied these parts''

    The assumption that the true native Britons were dark haired and olive skinned is indeed false. The darker skinned population arrived in Britain centuries after the fair haired, pale skinned population. It is now accepted that the majority of the pre-Germanic British population originated from across the English Channel from modern day Belgium, northern France and the Netherlands.
    lol.

  5. #25
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,111
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I dislike weirdos. Probably some swarthy East End Gypsy/Jew trying to rationalise his inferior race heritage.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Linden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Gender
    Age
    27
    Posts
    427
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    The Cornish aren't really as you described them:

    Wodens Day posted a good map of the penetration of the 'Friesian Gene' in the UK, a few weeks ago. It shows that around 75% of the Cornish have this gene


  7. #27
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Monday, February 13th, 2012 @ 08:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    London
    Subrace
    North-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Classics student
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalism/pro-monarchy
    Religion
    Ancestor Worship/Agnostic
    Posts
    132
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    No they weren't. This is a common mistake, based on the fact that the Welsh, Cornish and Picts tend to be darker than other Britons.
    These populations are to an extent aboriginal pre-Aryan or pre-Indo-European (p-IE), hence they are swarthy skinned and brunette. Of course though there has been some level of admixture. The Picts did not speak Indo-European, like the Basques they spoke an isolated langauage (alongside the Pelasgians and Etruscans). The pre-Indo-European population of Europe was Mediterranid (short, dark haired, swarthy skin, dark eyes).

    All this is common knowledge since light skin, fair hair and blue eyes are mutations. Your bizarre version of history however asserts natives across Europe (including UK) were blonde. So where did they spring from?

    The truth is, though, that the Silures (South Welsh) and Picts were always darker than other indigenous tribes (see Tactitus).
    All the indigenous tribes were dark, not just the silures. I also don't mean a very dark colour, as this is where Afrocentrics abuse the facts - i mean a Mediterranid olive colour - these were the 'Old Europeans' from who all mutations sprung from. Hence if you look in anthropological literature (Coon, Hooton etc) you will see the ''Nordic race'' = a ''depigmentated Mediterraneanoid''.

    But if what you say were true, it would prove that modern Britons aren't primarily descended from aboriginal tribes, since most of us don't look like Silures or Picts.
    As i said there has been an extent of admixture creating intermediate types, but for the most part the Germanic genetic input was small. Most British are dark haired and dark or hazel eyed, though it differs from region to region of course because certain areas were far more Germanic.

    So modern Britons are overwhelmingly descended from short, olive skinned, dark hair and eyed Britons, but the 'small' Saxon, Norse and Norman input somehow made us tall, pale, light-eyed and medium-haired? Those were some powerful Germanic genes.
    We aren't tall on average. Average Briton is shorter than Scandinavians. I also have criticsed this ''Britons = light eyed'' claim. Some do, but its only the minority. I can show you the anthropological literature if you like.

    Ah, you're one of those. I've met a lot of people online who like to cling to some obscure and laughably untenable racial theories with no respect whatsoever for logic or facts.
    Those would be yours.

    According to you the natives of Britain were fair haired, light eyed and pale.

    So where did they come from?

    Ex-nihilo creation (since you reject mutation)?

    Great science there.

  8. #28
    Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    5 Hours Ago @ 10:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Gender
    Religion
    Religion of the Blood
    Posts
    1,584
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    319
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    508
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I know you haven't been talking to me but:

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyramidologist View Post
    Hence if you look in anthropological literature (Coon, Hooton etc) you will see the ''Nordic race'' = a ''depigmentated Mediterraneanoid''.
    That's one theory among others.

    As i said there has been an extent of admixture creating intermediate types, but for the most part the Germanic genetic input was small. Most British are dark haired and dark or hazel eyed, though it differs from region to region of course because certain areas were far more Germanic.

    We aren't tall on average. Average Briton is shorter than Scandinavians. I also have criticsed this ''Britons = light eyed'' claim. Some do, but its only the minority. I can show you the anthropological literature if you like.
    Yes, please provide some anthropological literature supporting your claim because I've already quoted a source contrasting your claims.
    And the day they sold us out, Our hearts grew cold
    'Cause we were never asked, No brother, we were told!
    What do they know of Europe, Who only Europe know?



    Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)


  9. #29
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Monday, February 13th, 2012 @ 08:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    London
    Subrace
    North-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Classics student
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalism/pro-monarchy
    Religion
    Ancestor Worship/Agnostic
    Posts
    132
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Please provide some anthropological literature supporting your claim, I've already quoted a source contrasting your claims.
    Hair Colour Scotland

    J. Gray, Memoir on the Pigmentation Survey of Scotland, Journal of The Royal Anthropological Institute 37 (1907) 375–401.

    This paper shows the results of hair colours of Scottish children (boys). Of which covers ten's of thousands in the study.

    24.9% was light (blonde or other fair shades).
    70% was dark (including brown, dark brown, black).
    5.1% was red.

    Map (white areas = lowest density of dark hair, dots/lines = higher density of dark brown hair or brown shades).



    - Only the minority are blonde or fair haired. As can be seen this is only where the Norse colonised (e.g. the Shetland's etc).

    John Beddoe did a study including Scottish adults in his The Races of Britain (1885). This can be found in Bertil Lundmen's The Races of Peoples of Europe (1977).

    Another paper -

    Gray and J. F. Tocher, Physical Characteristics of Adults and School Children in East Aberdeenshire, Journal of The Royal Anthropological Institute 30 (1900) 104–124.

    Again includes samples of Scottish children (both girls and boys).

    Only 14. 7 % of Scottish boys had blue/light eyes (white on map). Most (over 50%) were ''medium'' (e.g. hazel), see dots, and a proportion were dark (coloured dark areas on map).



    - As i said most are hazel eyed and brunette.

    Beddoe's tables on England reveal the same thing, as found in Bertil Lundmen's The Races of Peoples of Europe (1977). According to Linden,

    ''fair haired region (20 to 30% dark-haired) along the east coast of England and Scotland and extending throughout Yorkshire and Northumbria to two dark-haired regions (60 to 70% dark-haired) in south Wales and along the west coast of Ireland. Eye color is distributed into six zones. These range from two very light-eyed regions (only 10 to 15% dark-eyed) in northwest Scotland and southeast Ireland to two dark-eyed regions (35 to 40% dark-eyed) in northwest and south Wales.''

    Conclusion

    1. The only light eyed and light haired regions are on the east coast of England and Scotland were the Norse or Germanics landed.

    2. Most Britons are hazel or medium eyed, while darker are still more common than those with light blue.

    3. Average hair colour = brown. Again dark brown more common than fair. Only 25% blondes or fair haired in Scotland, 30 - 35 % in England. Those with brown or dark brown hair are the majority.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Gall Óglach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 @ 10:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Religion
    Science
    Posts
    78
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I consider myself British, as I'm descended from English plantation settlers in Ireland, I'm not really English or Irish.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: Monday, February 20th, 2017, 01:54 PM
  2. Shame Of Abuse By Brit Troops
    By AngryPotato in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Sunday, May 2nd, 2004, 06:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •