Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Cows Milk

http://www.alive.com/3086a6a2.php?su...read_cramb=455

Cows' Milk
    by author Mark Stengler, ND

Many people claim that after reducing or eliminating their consumption of cows’ milk, they saw an improvement in fatigue, digestive problems, joint pains, skin conditions, mental fog, and a variety of other conditions. To get their nutrients, people have turned to alternative milks.

We are the only species that consumes the milk of another species. The milk of each species is specifically designed to protect and nourish its own young. There is no product on the market that compares to a mother’s breast milk for an infant.

Cows’ Milk–Too Rich For Our Blood?

Why do so many people react to cows’ milk? One reason has to do with the protein composition. Milk proteins can trigger the production of antibodies that lead to immune and possible allergy and inflammatory reactions. Casein is the most allergenic of all milk proteins. There is twice as much casein in cows’ milk than in breast milk and this concentration may be too much for the human immune system. The process of homogenization also appears to make cows’ milk proteins more allergenic.

Mooving Away From Cows’ Milk

Fortunately, thanks to the natural health food industry there are many alternatives to cows’ milk that people can enjoy.

Rice Milk: Once carried by only health food stores, rice milk has become extremely popular in the last decade and is now available in many supermarkets. Nutrition-oriented doctors consider rice as one of the least allergenic foods.

Most rice milk products are made from brown rice. The milk has a slightly sweet taste and is thinner than cows’ milk. Often, vitamins A, D, and B12 are added to increase the nutritional profile. Calcium-enriched formulas are also available and these contain as much calcium as cows’ milk at 300 milligrams per eight-ounce serving. Rice milk is available in a variety of flavours including carob, vanilla, and chocolate.

A downside of rice milk is the carbohydrate content. An eight-ounce glass of rice milk may contain 25 grams of carbohydrates and 11 grams of simple sugars.

Soymilk: Another popular alternative is soymilk. It is higher in protein than rice milk, but like rice milk is lactose-free. Soymilk may have natural hormone-balancing properties for premenopausal and postmenopausal women due to its phytoestrogen content.

There is some controversy regarding soymilk and detrimental effects of thyroid function, but the data is inconclusive. Those with existing thyroid disorders should avoid drinking more than eight ounces a day. Some researchers feel soy products may cause hormonal imbalance in children. People sensitive to soymilk may notice symptoms such as gas and bloating.

Oat milk: Popular among health food enthusiasts, oat milk has a sweet taste. Similar to rice milk, it contains a relatively high amount of sugar, so those with blood sugar conditions should use smaller amounts.

Almond milk: Milk made from almonds has a better protein-to-carbohydrate ratio than rice and oat milk. It also works very well as a milk substitute when baking.

Mark Stengler, ND, is a leading naturopathic doctor and author. He has written 15 books including The Natural Physician’s Healing Therapies (Prentice Hall, 2001). thenaturalphysician.com

Source: alive #269, March 2005
    I drink Almond milk because of how bad the dairy is in Canada. I disagree strongly with this author on using soymilk. I do not condone the use of soy in any form. It is very bad for us.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    306 Posts
    In Norway the regulation is strong, we are in a special situation in Norway as our food have higher standards than the rest of Europe. Elsewhere you have to be careful not storing salad and meat together and to use a different cutting board for cutting different things because of salmonella and e.coli. You wont see Norwegians doing that.

I trust our dairy. I drink soy choko milk sometimes, guess I should stick to normal choko milk. It's one of my guilty pleasures.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 10:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Predominately Frisian
    Country
    Frisia Frisia
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Married
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cows milk is delicious. Our people digest cow's milk better than other groups.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BroBro View Post
    Cows milk is delicious. Our people digest cow's milk better than other groups.
    My father gave me a pint of milk to drink everday when I was young, in the hope that it would make my bones strong (never broken a bone yet...hope I never do, either).

When a group of Japanese exchange students came to my school, they tried some milk (perhaps about 150 ml). About five minutes after drinking it, almost all of them were curled up on the dining hall floor with crippling abdominal pains. It was around this time that I started to realise that the European body has quite a few advantages over many others.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Württemberg, Franconia and I recently discovered old ancestors in Saxony
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont' drink any cow milk at all. Not because I have an intolerance or something of the sort, I simply don't like idea of drinking body fluids of another creature. It makes me gag. Strangely enough I don't have any problems with cheese.

Being able to drink milk is a peculiarity of our race, for example most Asians cannot digest it properly and get stomach ache or wind, as - in contrast to us - they lack a certain enzyme we still have as adults. I don't think adult mammals (including us) need to drink milk, it's proteine from a different species. I don't think this can be good.

I don't like soy milk, it tastes awful. Furthermore I don't want to support soy farmers who kill rain forest to gain farming land (and the whole industry behind it). I only drink water, coffee or tea, but no fruit juices. Ok, and sometimes some alcohol

Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Germaid View Post
    I dont' drink any cow milk at all. Not because I have an intolerance or something of the sort, I simply don't like idea of drinking body fluids of another creature. It makes me gag. Strangely enough I don't have any problems with cheese.

Being able to drink milk is a peculiarity of our race, for example most Asians cannot digest it properly and get stomach ache or wind, as - in contrast to us - they lack a certain enzyme we still have as adults. I don't think adult mammals (including us) need to drink milk, it's proteine from a different species. I don't think this can be good.

I don't like soy milk, it tastes awful. Furthermore I don't want to support soy farmers who kill rain forest to gain farming land (and the whole industry behind it). I only drink water, coffee or tea, but no fruit juices. Ok, and sometimes some alcohol

So you dont eat meat either?

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 05:01 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    I've been somewhat lactose intolerant since I've been 17. I used to drink a lot of milk in my youth, often more than a litre a day, but after I had a complicated bronchitis that I was prescribed anti-biotics for for more than three weeks, I've not been able to produce the right levels of the lactase enzyme.

I'm not entirely sure what amount I can digest, but usually it'll be fine taking the amount of lactose that is found in approx. 3/4 of a pint of milk per day without adverse reactions. So, a lot of milk products are fine with me, but I have to watch my intake: No more than three scoops of ice-cream, no more than two yoghurts, etc. pp.

So I suppose I get off fine but any exorbitant combination of them will result in me holding hour-long conferences in the bathroom.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Württemberg, Franconia and I recently discovered old ancestors in Saxony
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    So you dont eat meat either?
    No, only milk grosses me out. I eat meat, but not very often.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 18th, 2012 @ 03:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Ireland, Scotland
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have been enjoying raw milk lately (raw means not pasteurized). I get it from a co-op of Amish and other farmers in Lancaster Co PA.

I find it tastes better and no hormones or other crap in it.

Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naglfari View Post
    I have been enjoying raw milk lately (raw means not pasteurized). I get it from a co-op of Amish and other farmers in Lancaster Co PA.

I find it tastes better and no hormones or other crap in it.
    It does have hormones in it. It has hormones to make the calf addicted to it, and I'm sure other ones too.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast