View Poll Results: do you believe in eternal damnation?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe in eternal suffering in hell as eg. the Catholic church teaches

8 40.00%
  • I believe in annihilation as eg. the Jehova Witnesses teach

0 0%
  • I believe in universal salvation as eg. some of the early church fathers taught

2 10.00%
  • other, please explain

10 50.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe in Eternal Damnation?

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hell is "eternal separation" from God.
    I am familiar with this notion and I suppose it is less modern that one might suppose, what I miss is any biblical reference for this claim; ironically, the Eastern Orthodox Church teaches that eternal torment is the very presence of God for the sinner whereas the same presence of God is paradise for the saints.

Further, from a biblical point of view, how can anything exist apart from God, how can men exist seperated from God when they only live by the will of God, consequently in my opinion "eternal seperation" from God could only equal annihilation.

I do not know if you are willing to debate, I suppose you wouldn't change your mind anyway and there are enough Christian forums where this topic is debated. I see no need to convince anybody with my personal opinion as I came to the conclusion that most people believe what they want to believe anyway.
    "Ein guter Mensch in seinem dunklen Drange ist sich des rechten Weges wohl bewußt."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - Faust

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Mothers side:-Border Reivers NE England/ Fathers side, East Prussian and West Prussian.
    Subrace
    Baltid
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    West Prussia West Prussia
    Single adult
    Politics
    Anti NWO
    Religion
    Christian, non trinitarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I dont believe in the teachings of the church, teachings of men, but I do believe in the teachings of the Bible, the word of God, and Iam pretty sure he knows what the fate of the dead is.

Now the greatest sin, one that lead to all others, was Adams sin when he disobeyed God and ate from the tree, Gods punishment wasnt some eternal torture, it was, "in the day you eat of the tree, you will positively die"

Sure enough, elsewhere the Bible says, "from dust you are, and to dust you will return".

"The living know they will die, but the dead know nothing at all".

The Bible plainly teaches that sin and disobedience to God leads to death, eternal death, God is not more evil than us that he would spend his time torturing people for ever just because they didnt get to know him.

So called "christian" teachings of hell being a place of eternal conscious torment are just twistings of original meanings by the likes of the Catholic church and Islam, into controlling thier masses with pure fear, not the Love that Jesus promotes to recommend God to us.

So the answer is, everyone will die, death being non existence, and forever.
    Jesus however, paid the price of death, which is a life, his, anybody that wishes too, can accept that free gift which will result in them being brought back to life in the resurrection.

Everyone else, though they also are brought back to life in the resurrection, it is only to be judged and to be aware of thier adverse judgement whereupon they experience the second death which is eternal non-existence.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    interestingly, non-trinitarians (as I am too) altogether seem to dismiss the notion of eternal damnation; thanks for your post

do you belong to any denomination?
    "Ein guter Mensch in seinem dunklen Drange ist sich des rechten Weges wohl bewußt."

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Albion.
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    'anti-semite'
    Politics
    Republicanism, traditionalism, .
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dark mind View Post
    interestingly, non-trinitarians (as I am too) altogether seem to dismiss the notion of eternal damnation; thanks for your post

From what I've gathered, at least in the U.S., non-trinitarian beliefs are an extension of a couple of centuries of deistic thought that begun in England during the Enlightenment (aka the Age of Reason). In early the early U.S. these Christians were called the Unitarians (the contemporary Unitarian Universalists purloined the name of the Unitarian Christians; UUism has nothing to do with Unitarian, non-trinitarian Christianity). The old Unitarians had close associations with the deists and in many ways the two groups were at times hard to tell apart (i.e. both groups tended to reject a literalist's view of the Bible, the divinity of Jesus and unsavory doctrines like original sin and eternal damnation). Here's a modern reincarnation of the old Unitarian Christian creed:

http://www.americanunitarian.org/

Last Online
    Saturday, May 20th, 2017 @ 08:12 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Ancestry
    Germany/Ireland (Viking?)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian (non-denominational)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do You Believe in Eternal Damnation?

Yes, I believe in Eternal Damnation.

As there is both good and evil in the world, I have to believe that there is a place where good souls go (and are rewarded) and likewise, a place where bad souls go (and are punished).

I simply can't wrap my brain around a concept in which ALL sin is forgiven and all souls end up in Heaven - if this is the case there are a number of "evil souls" I would like to deal with personally when I get there.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Mothers side:-Border Reivers NE England/ Fathers side, East Prussian and West Prussian.
    Subrace
    Baltid
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    West Prussia West Prussia
    Single adult
    Politics
    Anti NWO
    Religion
    Christian, non trinitarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dark mind View Post

Maybe those who are non-trinitarian arrive at that conclusion because they read and belive what the Bible says rather than what some paid Priest tells them to belive, in which case they would tend to belive other biblical truths for the same reason.

Maybe this is why Jesus said, "the truth will set you free"?, free from the fear of the lies that are doctrines of men.

I would love to be in a denomination as I walk a very lonely furrow, but have found no religion that fulfills the Biblical mold, in fact they all either worship the Sun, or they are idolatrous to the point of self worship, the Jehovahs Witnesses come to mind here, they do seem to be the closest to Biblical truth, but then they put themselves in the position of Jesus by claiming to be the mediator between God and Men.

Iam waiting for the "Two Witnesses" of Revelation and Ezekiel", they will show us the path that we should walk in the way John the Baptist did for Christs first coming.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As there is both good and evil in the world, I have to believe that there is a place where good souls go (and are rewarded) and likewise, a place where bad souls go (and are punished).
    so you would say that rather one's deeds determines one's afterlife rather than one's faith?

as reasonable it sounds it is not actually a biblical doctrine

I simply can't wrap my brain around a concept in which ALL sin is forgiven and all souls end up in Heaven
    all souls could be forgiven if the appropriate punishment will be done; evil souls could be destroyed rather eternally tormented - would make more sense to me, after all, noone is 100% evil and noone is 100% good

I would love to be in a denomination as I walk a very lonely furrow, but have found no religion that fulfills the Biblical mold
    I will PM you but for now it is quite late for me

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 11:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not in the jewish paulinist sense of the word. As my indo european ancestors I believe in the eternal wheel of life where we die and are reborn in an eternal cycle. Now, if the jew is successful in his NWO project, we will experience eternal damnation as a consequence of our own failures. Not because a dualistic paulinist god wants to punish us by eternal torture, but as a consequence of the laws of nature.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Albion.
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    'anti-semite'
    Politics
    Republicanism, traditionalism, .
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    May I ask a simple question:

What good does eternal damnation serve? Does it serve some sort of corrective purpose or is the warden of the hell-jail (Yahweh/Christ) simply a foul sadist?

Any diety that sets up such a system is not good. Not at all. Yet this is the common belief of the Bible-believers, that a supposedly omnibenvolent (all-good, all-compassionate) deity also creates a place called Hell where the the souls of ne'er-do-wells are tortured for eternity.

Yet you've got some that say that Hell is "eternal separation from God (Yahweh/Christ)." What a pile of rot; even the religious Jews that I've talked to don't believe in the idea of Hell as a place of eternal punishment or separation. Oddly enough the devout religious Jewish idea is more or less like our own, i.e. "We've got one life to live so let's make the best of it and leave a good name behind us when we die."

Last Online
    Friday, September 30th, 2011 @ 11:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Europe/Austria
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Work
    Politics
    The entire system is infiltrated
    Religion
    Spiritual Satanist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hell is the base chakra

Who created hell?
    god

Who saves you from hell?
    god

Hmm, so god created hell to save you from it?
    Y'know what thats like? The mafia!
    You pay them protection money so you don't get hurt by.....(get ready for it).....THEM!!!!

It is the same principal with god/christianity. It is merely a tool of fear used to manipulate the masses, a classic jewish technique. However, in the end, when one applies the necessary thinking process to such a situation, they will find that it hardly makes sense, like everything else in christianity.

Now, how did 'hell' come to be what it is?
    For those of you of Norse heritage, the word "hel" meant underworld. Thats where the idea of hell being "under the world" came from.

What about the burning lake of fire?
    There are 7 chakras of the body (this is the significance of the #7, as with such angel names as michael or raphael or stephen, etc. [also the 7 chakras are the '7 seals' the bible speaks of). The bottom, or root, chakra is red in color, and when activated it can get very hot (hence hells heat) at the base of the spine.

Also at the base of the spine lies the 'kundalini'. A force of sexual/spiritual energy (and when all chakras are open [or as xtians put it, when all 7 seals are broken]) this energy can rise to the crown chakra (again, 'heaven' is an allegory for the top/crown chakra) and a human has thus reaced godhead.

The kundalini is described as a fiery serpent that lays coiled at the base of the spine until all 7 chakras are opened. Again, here we see why christianity says the snake is evil, while ancient religions, such as ancient egypt, regarded the snake as holy and worshipped it.
    Last edited by Chlodovech; Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Stop spamming

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast