Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    What I find ironic is the fact that so many self-titled "carnivores" out there call Vegetarians weaklings, faggots, idiots because they abstain from eating flesh for various reasons, when they're the ones who are stupid enough to believe industrial beef, chicken, and pork is somehow better for you than to avoid it entirely.
    Well, I don´t think it makes any sense that you criticize the generalizations some vegetarians have to cope with while you attack all meat-eaters as "stupid" in the same breath. Tastes differ and that avoiding all meat is supposed to be better than eating meat is nothing else than a subjective and ideological viewpoint. Every side (both aggressive vegetarians and aggressive carnivores or anti-vegetarians) have enough studies at hand to go into combat with the opposing side - and every study proves only the own standpoint, of course. Other studies with a different outcome are damned or discarded.

I don´t think this leads to anywhere. Vegetarians should do and eat what they want but shouldn´t try to "missionize" others or give them names just for eating meat. I can´t stand people who think they are better than others just because they eat different things and who got this holier-than-thou attitude. Let me eat what I want and I let you eat what you want. Seriously, preaching vegetarians are among the most nerve-racking people I´ve ever met. We buy our products local, most of our tasty meat is from the local butcher and most of our eggs are from farms of the region where the hens can run around outside. If the animals had a decent and proper life and treatment (and a fast death) then I have no worries when I take a bite of my roast beef or my breakfast egg.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    5 Days Ago @ 12:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    snip
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating one side over the other, what I'm saying is that both sides can be as easily dumb as the other, but I don't enjoy intrusive meat eaters as much as pompous vegetable eaters. Their vanity doesn't limit itself to one eating style.
    In essence, it's not the fact that they eat meat, that's fine, it's the fact that they're proud to eat the flesh from tortured, hormone injected, holocausted animals. It should be a sacrilege of the sternest kind to any self-respecting earth loving Heathen.

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I have met some pretty pretentious vegetarians who think they are better than everyone, but I have also met some really douche bag meat eaters.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Jute/Angle
    Subrace
    Angle/Jute
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Married
    Occupation
    Education
    Politics
    conservative/pan Nordish
    Religion
    Mysticism/Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ælfrun View Post
    It is s disgusting, and the USDA lets so much go through as well. They stamp diseased chickens as healthy and sometimes diseased and old horses are ground up and sold as baby food
    I think small scale local farming is the only way to raises meat. A local and small scale slaughter house and animals grown in a field not a shed. Much more humane and it produces better food. It creates good local economics that are more self sufficient and cuts down on transportation and waist. This promotes a good society wile treating animals in a fair way.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Tubant/Roman
    Subrace
    Nordid-Mediterranid
    Country
    Dietsland Dietsland
    State
    Overijssel Overijssel
    Agnost
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I once ate a pork that was made from pigs that ate everything their boar brothers also eat: Like mushrooms, roots, bugs, meat, corn, wheat, everything. The pork was one of the best meat i've ever had. Really, it was delicious.

If you ask a average teenager what a pork eat, many will say they are herbivores.
    but their changing in herbivores if mass-farming continues. Just like the domestic dogs slowly turns into a omnivore. (at least my dog )

Last Online
    Friday, July 8th, 2011 @ 07:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    mixed Germanic/Nordic/Baltic/Celtic heritage including Lithuanian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgard View Post
    I think small scale local farming is the only way to raises meat. A local and small scale slaughter house and animals grown in a field not a shed. Much more humane and it produces better food. It creates good local economics that are more self sufficient and cuts down on transportation and waist. This promotes a good society wile treating animals in a fair way.
    I agree with this! There was a huge, blaring difference when we switched from supermarket meats to our local butcher. The care that went into the animals was very evident in the quality of the meats.

Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 11:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Toxic Machines?

Everyone has the right to eat what they want, produced the way they want. Even if they have to pay a premium for it. "Factory Farms" were developed to feed a growing and still growing population (current population world wide, approx. 7 billion) and reduce prices that natural and organic farming techniques could never hope to supply. The result, an underfed, undernourished population bordering on starvation.

As for the vegan position, my response is, "If the good Lord hadn't intended me to eat meat, he wouldn't have put Canines (as teeth) in my mouth and if he hadn't intended for me to eat grains and vegetables, he wouldn't have put molars in my mouth". Bring on the meat, grains, fruit and vegetables, whether from an organic farm or a factory.

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    Everyone has the right to eat what they want, produced the way they want. Even if they have to pay a premium for it. "Factory Farms" were developed to feed a growing and still growing population (current population world wide, approx. 7 billion) and reduce prices that natural and organic farming techniques could never hope to supply. The result, an underfed, undernourished population bordering on starvation.

As for the vegan position, my response is, "If the good Lord hadn't intended me to eat meat, he wouldn't have put Canines (as teeth) in my mouth and if he hadn't intended for me to eat grains and vegetables, he wouldn't have put molars in my mouth". Bring on the meat, grains, fruit and vegetables, whether from an organic farm or a factory.

You are correct that people have the right to eat whatever they want. It is pretty scary when they have no idea what is happening to their food or what chemicals they are putting into their bodies. Industrial farming is so bad. It has taken away from local businesses which everyone should support. The chemicals in our food and the way the animals are treated disgusts me. We are what we eat.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 11:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Toxic Machines

Quote Originally Posted by Ælfrun View Post
    You are correct that people have the right to eat whatever they want. It is pretty scary when they have no idea what is happening to their food or what chemicals they are putting into their bodies. Industrial farming is so bad. It has taken away from local businesses which everyone should support. The chemicals in our food and the way the animals are treated disgusts me. We are what we eat.
    Remember, Those preservatives just might be preserving you. And as for the brutal conditions, butchery is not nice no matter how its done. Sentimentality or Starvation. Not much of a choice...

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    Remember, Those preservatives just might be preserving you. And as for the brutal conditions, butchery is not nice no matter how its done. Sentimentality or Starvation. Not much of a choice...
    Preservatives and chemicals are the causes of immune disorders and diseases. What keeps me aging healthy are greens, anti oxidants, and wholesome foods. Butchery is not nice, but local farmers and butchers are more humane than the Industrial ones. There is always a choice and a way to avoid the crap that the FDA and USDA and other industries are feeding us. Organic food and meat are more expensive but eating clean will save on health bills later, and support animal welfare.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast