View Poll Results: Will you Allow kids to Date a Non-Germanic?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i wouldn't really care

14 14.43%
  • Yes, but i would advice her not to.

26 26.80%
  • Indifferent, her own choiche. Not positive or Negative

9 9.28%
  • No, and i would tell her what i think.

48 49.48%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Would You Allow Your Children to Date a Non Germanic?

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany
    Subrace
    Nord-Atlantid/Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Egrestu View Post
    Well I’d say that if your daughter is 17 and bringing home people that you’ve advised against all her life one thing is apparently clear:

You can now go open a big bottle of wine or whiskey and start drinking, because you’ve failed epically at parenting at this point, and there isn’t a whole lot you can do at this point other than cry.

At that age, you aren’t going to ‘forbid’ anything, and if you do, it’ll only backfire and she’ll sleep with the guy (and maybe even get knocked up) just to spite you.

I saw it all the time growing up. The parents were very strict, but harsh, in regards to who their daughters dated, or in regards to the religion they shoved down their child’s throat for 17 years. They tend to rebel in major flamboyant ways.

That's how it's worked in my extended family anyway. The parents were either die hard Protestant or Catholic, and the kids all turned out Atheist or something else. I have a relative who says she 'hates' her race, and by extension, all Europeans. She refuses to date white men, and ended up marrying a Mexican. (Who has cheated on her at least four times now, but to which she is still married to.)

Thankfully they haven't had any kids (praise be!)

But unfortunately they are trying In vitro fertilization to rectify the matter (damn them!)

But that's how the girls tend to rebel when they feel too clamped down upon.

I mean, really… growing up, it was nearly always the Catholic schoolgirls who were ‘dating’ the black guys. Much to their parent’s chagrin. But when they tried to enforce their will, it only blew up in their faces further. By the time your daughter brings home someone you don’t approve of in a very major way, it’s very hard to apply corrective action. She knows what she’s doing. And likely she’s doing it just to mess with you. The chances of her being madly in love with that guy is pretty low. She’ll usually dump him in a heartbeat after she figures out what he’s really like. It's just a phase.

Hopefully she’ll figure it out before she loses something irreplaceable (ahem!) and makes herself less than desirable in the eyes of most other 'real' men.

Put bluntly, it is a rare man that wants to go where one of those other fellas has been.
    I believe that this is true. It's very, very true...it is the girl who has not been allowed to wear make-up or nylon pantyhose who begins to dress in the loudest make-up and most revealing clothes the second she gets a chance.

In my family I was forbidden to date a black man, like I would be physically removed from my home, but it wasn't a problem because I never felt attracted to black men, nor have I ever felt attracted to arabic men. I have also never felt a strong attraction to someone who was *purely* east asian or latino. On the other hand, mixed children who are specifically majority european and less than half east asian or latino can actually be very "white looking" or "white acting."

I think if you're given a strong sense of culture in your own home, then you won't feel comfortable with one which is extremely different in a partner, and that will happen naturally without being strictly forbidden.

I am a Germanic and Celt in ethnic heritage, and I would be fine with my child dating a Germanic, Celt, Nord, or Slavic/Balkan.

While I feel a need to preserve my Germanic heritage, I feel a stronger overall compunction to preserve European heritage, and I am equally comfortable with Northern European and Eastern European, while being a little less comfortable with Southern European for some reason.

I would object to Southern European for my own mate, but not for my child as long as they were European.

Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 01:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Politics
    Traditon, Monarchy, Patriotism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    If there was love there, sure.

Last Online
    6 Hours Ago @ 09:58 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic New World - South African
    Ancestry
    Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Irish, English,
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Pisces
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    You can only try your best as a parent to educate your children, but in the end, it is their decision.
    You can only hope they love someone who is close enough to your values as possible. But it is out of your control.

Germanic/Celtic/Slav

i don't care.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HailGermania For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    17 Minutes Ago @ 03:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    768 Posts
    Hmm ... it isn't really question of 'allowing' them to date this or that person because in practice there's little you can do to stop them.

I think my son knows the rules though and the main one is NOTHING BROWN!!!

TBQH, in this messed-up age we live in it's a relief if your kids even grow up to be heterosexual. With all the gender indoctrination they're subjected to, beginning at an early age in schools, many parents will never get to see their offspring forming normal relationships - and this is before you even start to consider racial issues!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567