Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Healthcare Systems

  1. #21
    Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Ælfrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Gender
    Posts
    1,054
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goomer View Post
    No. American Health care has nothing to do with it. Not sure why they can't....I just know they can't. My husband would certainly like it if they could....it would relieve some of the horrendous medical costs we've been dealing with of late.
    That is so strange! You have looked into it deeply I presume?
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Goomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles / Germany / Netherlands / Norway / France
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Agnostic with Pagan leanings
    Posts
    735
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ælfrun View Post
    That is so strange! You have looked into it deeply I presume?
    I have talked with my husband about it....lots of times. His ex is Canadian....although she lives here in the States. I know the kids have dual-citizenships also. But, they cannot get healthcare in Canada....and for that matter, neither can the Ex. (Not like I care about her....lol).

  3. #23
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Zimobog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, June 20th, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Subrace
    Don't know
    State
    Alaska Alaska
    Location
    Mat-Su Valley
    Gender
    Age
    44
    Family
    Married with Children
    Occupation
    disaster mitigation
    Politics
    I want my country back now
    Religion
    HFR Heathenry
    Posts
    862
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    For the sake of continued discussion, what would you do if none of that worked? If your child was still dying and you still had no way to get the treatment?
    I don't believe my children need an example of me robbing others. That would make me a bad parent not to mention a niding aborhent to my ancestors.

    I would have to accept that no amount of money would be too high to pay to see my little boy or girl live and I would accept my fate, without whining or asking a policeman to beat up and rob a rich person to pay my bills.

    I'm jealous of you. You live in the state I WANT to live in
    There is plenty of room in Alaska!

  4. #24
    Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Ælfrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Gender
    Posts
    1,054
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goomer View Post
    I have talked with my husband about it....lots of times. His ex is Canadian....although she lives here in the States. I know the kids have dual-citizenships also. But, they cannot get healthcare in Canada....and for that matter, neither can the Ex. (Not like I care about her....lol).
    I was trying to do a little research, but could not find much. I think it may be because he and the kids live in the USA is why you cannot get it. You have to have a Canadian health care card to access Canadian medical because all of the provinces are different. My Grandparents are American and have their dual, but because they live in Canada, they get our healthcare.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

  5. #25
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Zimobog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, June 20th, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Subrace
    Don't know
    State
    Alaska Alaska
    Location
    Mat-Su Valley
    Gender
    Age
    44
    Family
    Married with Children
    Occupation
    disaster mitigation
    Politics
    I want my country back now
    Religion
    HFR Heathenry
    Posts
    862
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Aelfun, what would happen if I (an Alaskan citizen) was visiting Canada and became very ill with food poisioning let's say... what would I find when I went to your hospital for treatment?

  6. #26
    Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Ælfrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Gender
    Posts
    1,054
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimobog View Post
    Aelfun, what would happen if I (an Alaskan citizen) was visiting Canada and became very ill with food poisioning let's say... what would I find when I went to your hospital for treatment?
    I do not think you would be turned away; However, when you travel it is always important to have travel insurance, because you may be charged for services.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

  7. #27
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Zimobog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, June 20th, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Subrace
    Don't know
    State
    Alaska Alaska
    Location
    Mat-Su Valley
    Gender
    Age
    44
    Family
    Married with Children
    Occupation
    disaster mitigation
    Politics
    I want my country back now
    Religion
    HFR Heathenry
    Posts
    862
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I do not think you would be turned away; However, when you travel it is always important to have travel insurance, because you may be charged for services.
    Ahhh.. insurance . So why don't Canadians buy insurance, individually, for themselves?

    There are many people who accept the healthcare of your country without ever paying a dime for it. People who, by their presence, are lowing the standard of care and soaking up the resources you provided while at the same time being given the "right" to the products which you purchased with your taxes.

    This is stealing. When it became "ok" for the government to take your money and give it to someone else the government also assumes the power over whom this person should be.

    In a volunteer system, you could give as much of your income as you liked to someone else to pay for their medical care. You could volunteer your own time at a clinic helping people with little money to exchange for services. But you could not force someone else to pay for the services of another.

  8. #28
    Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Ælfrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Gender
    Posts
    1,054
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimobog View Post
    Ahhh.. insurance . So why don't Canadians buy insurance, individually, for themselves?

    There are many people who accept the healthcare of your country without ever paying a dime for it. People who, by their presence, are lowing the standard of care and soaking up the resources you provided while at the same time being given the "right" to the products which you purchased with your taxes.

    This is stealing. When it became "ok" for the government to take your money and give it to someone else the government also assumes the power over whom this person should be.

    In a volunteer system, you could give as much of your income as you liked to someone else to pay for their medical care. You could volunteer your own time at a clinic helping people with little money to exchange for services. But you could not force someone else to pay for the services of another.
    It is true, and Canadians can go through Insurance companies to get better coverage, but in the health care system that does not get them treated better than anyone else. We also buy insurance while traveling.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Goomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles / Germany / Netherlands / Norway / France
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Agnostic with Pagan leanings
    Posts
    735
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ælfrun View Post
    I was trying to do a little research, but could not find much. I think it may be because he and the kids live in the USA is why you cannot get it. You have to have a Canadian health care card to access Canadian medical because all of the provinces are different. My Grandparents are American and have their dual, but because they live in Canada, they get our healthcare.
    That was kind of you to do What you say here makes sense and probably explains why they can't get it. They do not have medical cards.

  10. #30
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Æmeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gender
    Age
    57
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Posts
    6,275
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    575
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    527
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goomer View Post
    I work in healthcare myself. I wish this country had Universal Health Care. I feel healthcare should be a right for all.

    Thank you. Look forward to your replies
    Would you benefit financially from universal healthcare? As it is we have the worst of both systems (private & universal) combined because of Medicare. Medicare -universal healthcare for 65+ in the US - is based on the Canadian system, except there is no rationing as in Canada. If you need heart bypass surgerey you will get, no going on the waiting list or having it denied. Medicare is subsidized by hospitals & doctors overbilling their privately insured patients. That plus the lack of competition among health insurance carriers have driven up the expense of healthcare. Some doctors will give you a discount of up to 50% if you pay cash & save them the adminstrative costs of billing the insurance companies.


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrioten View Post
    Zimobog, you make it out as though the care is equal under your system to that of a public health care system. I.e the emergency rooms treat those in need of care, never turning anybody down. I haven't heard you make the case for leaving people by the wayside if they cant afford care. Essentially those who need care get care is the message I'm getting. Who is paying for this free health care? Tax payers via some government program or are insurance holders also covering part of this cost? What do you think about this set up, that they get care without paying for it? Is this a good system or should they be cut off from getting free or government subsidized care?

    At the end of the day, the care that is provided has to be paid for somehow, and if there's not a situation where care is denied, then someone must be paying for this care. Are charities paying for some or all of this free care?
    Some people do get better care under our system, like private hospital rooms with private insurance, though many persons who are indigant also get private rooms. The uninsured do get treated, many hospitals in America are non-profit, but maybe not as quickly as they would if they had private insurance & with more paper work. Europeans seem to have this idea that the uninsured do not get medical treatment in the US, that is not so. The main problem with the uninsured is that they do not seek out preventive medical care because they do not want to pay the cost - though many of them will spend over $50 per month on other necessities like cable TV. The uninsured use the emergency room for routine medical visits that other insured people would scheldule an apointment for with their family doctor. The uninsured in America probably get better treatment then those in nations with universal healthcare. The can get medical procedures here that would be denied in Europe or Cuba. Speaking of Cuba why is it no one ever goes there for medical care, including poor Haitians on the neighboring islands, but many foreigners travel to the US for treatment?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BC Healthcare Workers Must Get Flu Shots
    By Ælfrun in forum Canada
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Sunday, October 23rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
  2. Sweden Considers Healthcare for Illegals
    By Nachtengel in forum Sweden
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010, 11:50 AM
  3. Did Hilter Want National Healthcare?
    By SpearBrave in forum The United States
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sunday, September 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
  4. Dutch Healthcare ‘Best in Europe’
    By Dagna in forum Health, Fitness & Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Saturday, November 15th, 2008, 11:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •