Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 151

Thread: What Are the Most Common Immigrant Groups In Your Countries/Regions/Areas?

  1. #131
    Senior Member Sybren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Posts
    930
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goomer View Post
    I don't know if this will ever happen for me...being at a point in my life where it might prove more problematic than anything....but I do hope at some point to spend at least a couple months or so in a third world country working to help provide healthcare to its citizens. I really feel I need to see the situation for myself...up close and personal. Then, I may come away with a better understanding of the mess we all are in.
    But don't you see by doing that, you're actually not helping them in the long run and even worse: you're contributing to a future problem for ourselves: more third-world citizens who have become dependant on the first world, because the first world is always there to help. For them there is no need and no will to build up a self sustainable society, because they get stuff for free (and they apparantly are no people who show initiative and ambition in the first place).

    It's a good thing to care about others and you apparantly are a very caring person. But with this, i think you shouldn't look at the poor individual African starving kid, but at the bigger picture: massive overpopulation that is already going on in third world countries, resulting in their countries overflowing and directly pouring their people into our lands.

    Let me say what i think everybody else thinks here:

    I think you have been quite influenced by what "they" want you to believe and i don't mean that to be offensive, but i think they got to you good. I don't think you're a troll though, i rather think you really mean it and that might be even worse. I admire your kindness for others and your civilized posts though. It is true this board has people with differing meanings, but you seem to differ on the core of what people stand for, which is obviously the reason for these conflicts.

    I still hope you stick around though, it makes things interesting
    Bûter, brea en griene tsiis
    Wa't dat net sizze kin is gjin oprjochte Fries!

  2. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 @ 08:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Posts
    140
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybren View Post
    Let me say what i think everybody else thinks here:

    I think you have been quite influenced by what "they" want you to believe and i don't mean that to be offensive, but i think they got to you good. I don't think you're a troll though, i rather think you really mean it and that might be even worse. I admire your kindness for others and your civilized posts though. It is true this board has people with differing meanings, but you seem to differ on the core of what people stand for, which is obviously the reason for these conflicts.
    I agree with most of this. I don't know if you (Goomer) are a troll or not, but I think trolls can be useful. I think reasoned argument is useful to us, as it clarifies what we believe and why. This will help in the real world when we try to persuade others of the truth of our beliefs.

    You must obviously realise that the vast majority on Skadi disagree with you, and that you will encounter frustration and annoyance. You represent the majority of people in our countries who treat our views so negatively. A lot of us spend much time feeling anger, frustration or distress at the state of our countries, and it is people with views like yours that have helped to make them that way.

    I'm not sure that bringing up a person's age is particularly helpful. It comes over as condescending.

    I came into England with Oak, Ash and Thorn, and when Oak, Ash and Thorn are gone I shall go too.

    Puck of Pook's Hill

  3. #133
    Senior Member Goomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles / Germany / Netherlands / Norway / France
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Agnostic with Pagan leanings
    Posts
    735
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybren View Post
    But don't you see by doing that, you're actually not helping them in the long run and even worse: you're contributing to a future problem for ourselves: more third-world citizens who have become dependant on the first world, because the first world is always there to help. For them there is no need and no will to build up a self sustainable society, because they get stuff for free (and they apparantly are no people who show initiative and ambition in the first place).

    It's a good thing to care about others and you apparantly are a very caring person. But with this, i think you shouldn't look at the poor individual African starving kid, but at the bigger picture: massive overpopulation that is already going on in third world countries, resulting in their countries overflowing and directly pouring their people into our lands.

    Let me say what i think everybody else thinks here:

    I think you have been quite influenced by what "they" want you to believe and i don't mean that to be offensive, but i think they got to you good. I don't think you're a troll though, i rather think you really mean it and that might be even worse. I admire your kindness for others and your civilized posts though. It is true this board has people with differing meanings, but you seem to differ on the core of what people stand for, which is obviously the reason for these conflicts.

    I still hope you stick around though, it makes things interesting
    Sybren,
    Thank you for saying this. I take it as a compliment You guys are very interesting for me to talk with. I never meant to hang out on here that much....but I get compelled to discuss things because these are not things that can be discussed on most boards.

    As far as the core....I think you are correct in one way. I have, in my lifestyle, and basic interests, always taken part in preservation of my own Germanic roots. They intrigue me, as they did my mother, and, as they do my daughter.....who came here to Skadi before I ever did.

    However, and this is perhaps due to my sense of--for lack of a better phrase--typically American individuality, I do not follow Eugenic ideologies, and while I know a lot of people on here do, I don't see this happening for me. It does not sit right for my own conscience.

    I respect all of those on here who accept me as a fellow Germanic person interested in preservation on a personal level. It is my nature not to come to these forums and just *lurk* Discussion is, in my estimation, the best part.

    While I will partake in discussions on here, it is not my intent to try and change anyone. However, I will stand up for myself when I am insulted or demeaned.

    Yes, I will be sticking around. You are one of interesting ones on here

  4. #134
    Senior Member Goomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles / Germany / Netherlands / Norway / France
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Agnostic with Pagan leanings
    Posts
    735
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Feverfew View Post
    I agree with most of this. I don't know if you (Goomer) are a troll or not, but I think trolls can be useful. I think reasoned argument is useful to us, as it clarifies what we believe and why. This will help in the real world when we try to persuade others of the truth of our beliefs.

    You must obviously realise that the vast majority on Skadi disagree with you, and that you will encounter frustration and annoyance. You represent the majority of people in our countries who treat our views so negatively. A lot of us spend much time feeling anger, frustration or distress at the state of our countries, and it is people with views like yours that have helped to make them that way.

    I'm not sure that bringing up a person's age is particularly helpful. It comes over as condescending.
    You're right about the age. I got sick of his condescension toward me, however. So....I put in a little jab of my own.

    By the way, I DO understand the European problem as far as how immigration has apparently been causing a lot of damage there.

    My feelings for the US are different. Perhaps I will just be best served leaving it at that

  5. #135
    Senior Member Goomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles / Germany / Netherlands / Norway / France
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Agnostic with Pagan leanings
    Posts
    735
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimobog View Post
    Goomer,

    Of course you are entitled to your own opinions on how America should be in regards to multi-culturalism and immingration.

    I would ask that, in light of evidence presented to you regarding the Founder's opinions and the opinions of our eldest and most revered statesmen, you cease in your repeated assertions that America was intended as a multi-cultural melting pot or that we were founded on those principals. It has been successfully demonstrated that this is untrue.
    I don't agree. But, I will respect your request

  6. #136
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Zimobog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, June 20th, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Subrace
    Don't know
    State
    Alaska Alaska
    Location
    Mat-Su Valley
    Gender
    Age
    44
    Family
    Married with Children
    Occupation
    disaster mitigation
    Politics
    I want my country back now
    Religion
    HFR Heathenry
    Posts
    862
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    People, if you feel that there is a problem with a poster or posts, please report any posts that are against our rules to the staff of Skadi forum.

    I hope that this thread will stay on topic from now on.

  7. #137
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Zimobog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, June 20th, 2011 @ 07:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Subrace
    Don't know
    State
    Alaska Alaska
    Location
    Mat-Su Valley
    Gender
    Age
    44
    Family
    Married with Children
    Occupation
    disaster mitigation
    Politics
    I want my country back now
    Religion
    HFR Heathenry
    Posts
    862
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ok, you can disagree with the Founders and statesmen of America if you want to.

  8. #138
    Senior Member Goomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles / Germany / Netherlands / Norway / France
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Agnostic with Pagan leanings
    Posts
    735
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Unrestricted immigration is bad period, whether it is in large number or small. Not just some cases, but MOST, if not all are bad.
    It has gotten to a point where even the older generation mexican immigrants here are complaining about the number of new ones flooding across the borders.

    Why?! What is wrong with going into the Appalachia's and providing the same service to dirt-poor Germanics?

    Your concern should be foremost the problems facing Germanics.
    Once those have been solved then you can take up the hobby of pitying other peoples.
    Ronan, those are good ideas also. Of course there is nothing wrong with doing what you mentioned.

    I mentioned the third world because the idea to go there was initially one of my leading motivations to enter the healthcare profession.

    Older Mexican immigrants are complaining? Wow. Share more. It's relevant to the topic here.

  9. #139
    Senior Member Hilderinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Location
    Not Chicago
    Gender
    Posts
    983
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goomer View Post
    Older Mexican immigrants are complaining? Wow. Share more. It's relevant to the topic here.
    I don't know what the older generation Mexicans are like in Texas, but I know a fellow here who is descended from old stock Mexican immigrants. He is substantially more Europoid than the average Mexican; he looks similar to Turkish admixed South Slavs, or slightly Mongoloid admixed East Slavs. He is "Americanized," speaks with the regional accent, has an Anglicized pronunciation of his surname, etc. This being said, he knows where his roots are, and he is ashamed at the militant nationalism and refusal to adapt by this new flood of immigrants. Since he is an 'American,' he is paying taxes to support the new waves of immigrants who don't wish to support themselves as his ancestors, my ancestors, and everyone else who came to America pre-WWII were required to.

  10. #140
    Senior Member Edgard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Jute/Angle
    Subrace
    Angle/Jute
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Education
    Politics
    conservative/pan Nordish
    Religion
    Mysticism/Christianity
    Posts
    992
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilderinc View Post
    I don't know what the older generation Mexicans are like in Texas, but I know a fellow here who is descended from old stock Mexican immigrants. He is substantially more Europoid than the average Mexican; he looks similar to Turkish admixed South Slavs, or slightly Mongoloid admixed East Slavs. He is "Americanized," speaks with the regional accent, has an Anglicized pronunciation of his surname, etc. This being said, he knows where his roots are, and he is ashamed at the militant nationalism and refusal to adapt by this new flood of immigrants. Since he is an 'American,' he is paying taxes to support the new waves of immigrants who don't wish to support themselves as his ancestors, my ancestors, and everyone else who came to America pre-WWII were required to.
    Its the same with the Polish in the south of England. We have had a significant number of Polish since WW2. The older generation did everything they could to fit in and got a very good reputation for hard work and good manners. They and their children seem to hate the new Polish immigrants who don't try to fit in and give them all a bad name with their rudeness and drunken behaviour not to mention putting locals out of work in a way the WW2 Polish did not (since there was a labour shortage after the war).

Similar Threads

  1. How Common Is Miscegenation Where You Live? Which Are the Most Common Couples?
    By János Hunyadi in forum Immigration & Multiculturalism
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: Thursday, October 10th, 2019, 02:58 PM
  2. Funeral Etiquettes in Germanic Countries and Regions
    By Siebenbürgerin in forum Folk Art & Culture
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Monday, March 27th, 2017, 06:29 PM
  3. 'Nazi Regions': The Federal Union of European Ethnic Groups (FUEV)
    By Ahnenerbe in forum Strategic Intelligence
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010, 10:24 AM
  4. Sweden: Immigrant Dense Areas Becoming Denser
    By Nachtengel in forum Sweden
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, October 3rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
  5. New Form of German Develops in Urban (immigrant) Areas
    By SwordOfTheVistula in forum Linguistics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Sunday, February 10th, 2008, 04:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •