B-School, Demolition
    Politics
    I do what I can
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Universal Germanic Qualities

What do you think are some of the qualities that all Germanic people worldwide have, regardless of where they grew up or other influences. In other words, besides physical appearance, how could one spot a Germanic person in a foreign land?

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 07:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would say that in each Germanic individual there is a certain grave and heavy expression, which can be felt and saw in eyes, overall look, voice or facial mimics. It is not something purely pessimist, but rather a non-hilarious state of mind, a tendency to refuse to look at things lightly.

Very few Germanic individuals are unstoppable speaking-machine who get on the nerves or their surroundings by the foolishness or irrelevance of their opinions and thoughts. Plus, I think the longing for solitude and contemplation is quite widely spread among Germanics.
    "The heavenly motions... are nothing but a continuous song for several voices, perceived not by the ear but by the intellect,
    a figured music which sets landmarks
    in the immeasurable flow of time."

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Very few Germanic individuals are unstoppable speaking-machine who get on the nerves or their surroundings by the foolishness or irrelevance of their opinions and thoughts. Plus, I think the longing for solitude and contemplation is quite widely spread among Germanics.

Certainly a laconic nature is quite noticable amongst the old timers around here as well as strong notion of having personal elbow room. I've always attributed this taciturn quality as being hold-overs from older, colonial times around here...but perhaps it's a Germaniuniversal.

Naturbursche
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 10:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    That's hard to say. It might be the aura or silent expression.
    I can feel comfortable within a group of germanic strangers, but i feel easily non-comfortable if they're not germanic, even if they would racially fit into some germanic country, their expression and aura still seems to be different.

Besides taht i could only mention germanic qualities which are not universal. Such as Germans being totally accurate in every matter.

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    I would say that in each Germanic individual there is a certain grave and heavy expression, which can be felt and saw in eyes, overall look, voice or facial mimics. It is not something purely pessimist, but rather a non-hilarious state of mind, a tendency to refuse to look at things lightly.

I agree substantially. Probably, imo, this temperamental attitude is some kind of deep cultural trait acquired after several thousand years in a particual environment. Climate is very important factor. Germanic civilisation was born and developed, in a north-European envronment : very cold climate, desolated and depopulated lands etc. etc. Elements who don't make easy to socialize (or to be particularly hilarious).........on the opposite, the "caotic socialization" culture is typical (native) of mediterranean environment. Hot and favourable climate, densely populated centres etc. etc.

Keeps your Whites Whiter.
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    SkandoNordid/Nordicised Faelid
    Pan-Germanic MeritAristocracy
    Religion
    Heiðinn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Besides all of the wise things already said, I can only add a word: sagacity.

I do not think, however, that all Germanics possess this equally; but do - taken as a group - exemplify sagacity to the point that at the extreme end of the continuum within the group, there appears clairvoyance.

I see this with no other ethnicity.
    "...The moral man is a lower species than the immoral, a weaker species; indeed - he is a type in regard to morality, but not a type in himself; a copy...the measure of his value lies outside him. ... I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage; I do not account the evil and painful character of existence a reproach to it, but hope rather that it will one day be more evil and painful than hitherto..." (Nietzsche)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SuuT For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 05:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    I agree substantially. Probably, imo, this temperamental attitude is some kind of deep cultural trait acquired after several thousand years in a particual environment. Climate is very important factor. Germanic civilisation was born and developed, in a north-European envronment : very cold climate, desolated and depopulated lands etc. etc. Elements who don't make easy to socialize (or to be particularly hilarious).........on the opposite, the "caotic socialization" culture is typical (native) of mediterranean environment. Hot and favourable climate, densely populated centres etc. etc.
    But both the Celts and the Slavs also more recently dwelled in a cold climate in northern europe, so how does one differentiate between them and Germanics, other than effects of the climate?

I've noticed in my research that ancient Celtic, Slavic and Germanic territories often overlapped, or were completely different locations from where they are today. For example, Germanic tribes living in what is modern day Poland, and Slavs or Celts living in parts of what is modern day Germany. So while climate can explain the differences between Germanics and Mediteraneans, it doesn't seem equally applicable to the differences between Germanics and Slavics and Celtics.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 11:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Work ethic, honesty, courtesy, efficiency, consistency, order and discipline.

And I am emphasizing on them, because I have been suffering from the striking absence of any of those around me, throughout my whole life.

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast