Occupation
    student
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Poor people of all races tend to get longer sentences. Non-whites tend to get longer sentences because they're usually poor and can't afford a decent lawyer.
    Proud to be Germanic.

Even though my ancestry is English, Germany is my favorite country.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 12:07 AM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    UK/NL/Bavaria
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    None/Unimportant
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grey Fox View Post
    Anyone here actually been in jail? I have been years ago. Only for 2 days. It was a misdemeanor charge. I can tell you that from what I saw, there are VERY FEW white people in jail. I only met 1, uno, eins, ONE white man there who was there for longer than a day. He was there for a week. We were surrounded by mexicans and some black people. I was in a cell for those 2 days with 3 mexican guys who didn't speak english. They didn't give me any trouble or anything. Maybe the fact that I am about a foot taller and fairly strong made them more afraid of me, I don't know. But I did talk with quite a number of people there. They were all there for minor things. One man was there for writing a bad check to buy $50 worth of food after loosing his job. Several were there for possession of marijuana. Not pounds of it. They just had a joint or something on them and were being held for LONG periods of time for it. I was the only person there as far as I could find out who really deserved to be there. By that I mean, who had committed a REAL crime. In my case petty theft. What can I say... I was young and desperate. Haven't done it since. But the point is, anyone who has been there would know for sure that white people are seldom seen in jail compared to minorities. And their sentences are light. I got off with a $400 fine and a clean record after 2 years, which is still clean thank you very much. But I guarantee that if a mexican got caught doing what I was doing, he would not see daylight for 5-7 years. Anyone else have a similar experience?
    I will admit that I have been in county jails- although never longer than a weekend. The biggest mix of people in jail that I had experienced was Half black, Half white(in one "pod" group atleast of around 50-75 people). The other (2) times it was predominately white males in their 20's. One white guy I met in there said he had 6 kids and was getting sentenced to 13 years on some nonsense that he didn't fully explain, so he could of been lying but at the time it seemed reasonable enough to believe with a grain of salt. I've even met white's who I went to school with in jail, twice. I believe the population in jails flucuates. But in the area I moved from I believe it's typically whites in jail or 50/50.
    I don't agree with Claire completely about the poverty issue. I think it has more to do with social groupings among people. If you're in a group or run with a group of people who are inclined to be inspired by the wrong things you're probably more likely to commit a crime that's premeditated(If you commit a crime, that is). And I don't know if there are any trends for people who commit crimes out of reactionary anger. I have a feeling those types cross any lines and just depends on the person and situation.

As a white male I have never * been afforded no extra opportunities or benefits from any employer or law enforcement official.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12