Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Eyes, Fair Skin, and DARK Hair. Can Anyone Explain?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Monday, May 9th, 2016 @ 04:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German (7/16), Norvegian from Telemark (1/4), Irish (1/8), French (1/8), Flemish? (1/16)
    Subrace
    Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    German supremacist
    Religion
    Holy Bible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Blue Eyes, Fair Skin, and DARK Hair. Can Anyone Explain?

I have questions about the blue eyes, fair skin, and dark hair phenotype, regarding its origin, since it has been on my mind for quite a while because this is common amongst my family and should finally look into it. What is it's origin? Is it Germanic? Where is it most common?

Which nationality would most likely have this combination, and where is this most common? Is it more inclined to a certain ethnic group? Which European ethnicity has it the most (among it's AUTHENTIC people)?

Some examples of people who have this phenotype include Liv Tyler

Elizabeth Hurley

and of course, Adolf Hitler

and you can see my family as an example if you want but to protect the privacy I have decided not to put it in this thread; it can be viewed in the private "Ancestor pictures" thread that is part of the Althing section.

Also curious as to where this falls genetically? Is the blue eye gene, the blonde gene, and the fair skin gene linked to each other, or are they independent of each other? Because I know most blue eyed people are usually blonde so just curious about the correlation between light eyes, skin and dark hair. Are blue eyes and fair skin and dark hair the sign that blonde hair genes existed in the family, but just havent expressed themselves in the family members because the dark hair dominates?

Most of the time when I see people with dark hair, blue eyes and fair skin I usually assume they're naturally blonde (gasp) who dyed their hair dark, since it's seemingly quite uncommon of to have light eyes and skin but dark hair. since most blue eyed people also have light hair.

However in my family, this isn't the case, most of my relatives have natually dark hair with light eyes and skin.

I think my maternal grandmother (Irish/Belgan/Luxembourg) might have been heterozygously dark haired and my maternal Grandfather (German) was homozygously dark haired. All their children seem to be homozygous for dark hair.

Also these relatives on my mother's side of the family excluding their hair colour, seem to have a very nordic appearance/morphology to them(light skin, eyes), and if they coloured their dark hair blonde it would look very natural with the rest of their physical appearance (this sets apart Europeans and racial others with dark hair, when the latter colours their hair it rarely looks natural for them). They have a look that's common with blondes who have dyed their hair a darker colour. Usually people like this have some blonde siblings, if you saw one of them alone you'd think they have a few blonde siblings but they all seem to be homozygous for dark hair.

I honestly find the family of 6 fair skinned, 4 with blue eyes, 2 with green, all with homozygously, a rather otherworldly strange occurence, am I right? OR is this common for Europeans? Because I don't see much people like this. Most blue eyed people are blonde, and those with darker hair have darker eyes and corresponding skin.

Just interested in any information or facts about the blue eye, fair skin, and DARK hair combination, such as what ethnicity has most people with this look and any comment is most welcomed. Thanks for help
    Last edited by Hesse; Thursday, June 2nd, 2011 at 05:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    North Atlantid, is it not?

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 08:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Ireland is the place with the highest disparity between hair and eye pigmentation. About 75% of the Irish population has blue or grey eyes while the most common hair colour is brown, also at over 70%.

The hair color of the Irish is predominantly brown. Less than 3% have black or ashen hair; 40% have dark brown hair. Medium brown hues make up another 35%. Persons with blond and light brown hair account for close to 15%, while approximately 10% have auburn or red hair.

Wiki
    "in the proportion of pure light eyes", data shows that "Ireland competes successfully with the blondest regions of Scandinavia", as approximately 42% of the Irish population have pure blue eyes. Another 30% have been found to possess light-mixed eyes and "less than 1 half of 1% have pure brown"
    Wiki.
    Why this should be the case, I couldn't tell you.
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 26th, 2012 @ 04:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    State
    Iowa Iowa
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's north-atlantid type,a mixture between nordid and mediterranid,very common in Britain and the NewWorld,maybe it's one of the most important type in such region...dark hair,light eyes,tall...

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 05:57 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles / Germany / Netherlands / Norway / France
    Subrace
    Borreby/CM
    Country
    Happily Married w/kids
    Occupation
    Professional
    Politics
    My own
    Religion
    Agnostic with Pagan leanings
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Black hair, fair skin, and blue eyes are very striking when you see them all together.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German (7/16), Norvegian from Telemark (1/4), Irish (1/8), French (1/8), Flemish? (1/16)
    Subrace
    Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
    Country
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    German supremacist
    Religion
    Holy Bible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosomal Viking View Post
    I am curious of what you think of me?

Well, you're no, say Permafrost, or Astrid Runa to name a few (these are some of the people on the highest pedestal in my book,) , but like most people here on this board, I have rather high opinion of you in comparison to mainstream society, especailly the PC's and ricial others.

But I do think more highly of you than I think of myself.

My dark hair is extremely embarrasing especailly when I look around and see fair haired people all over my hometown (thanks a lot, granddad)

Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Don't give him ideas, AV. Dying your hair blonde works if you're a brunette, but Wallflower will probably get urine-yellow hair like those Asian girls.

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    My dark hair is extremely embarrasing especailly when I look around and see fair haired people all over my hometown (thanks a lot, granddad)
    Dark hair is only embarrassing if you make it an embarrassment.

Wallflower, I don't think Skadi is the right website for you. I've just taken a look through your posting history. This forum is only making your bizarre inferiority-complex even worse, and that's not good for anyone's mental health or happiness. Get rid of that obsession. Seriously, I mean it.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
    Country
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    German supremacist
    Religion
    Holy Bible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the North View Post
    Don't give him ideas, AV. Dying your hair blonde works if you're a brunette, but Wallflower will probably get urine-yellow hair like those Asian girls.
    Wrong to a greater degree than the sea. I have used a sunlight enhancer for my hair and I got dark blonde , and I actually got it to turn a light golden blonde by the beginning of September. It looks very natural and authentic given my phenotype. My aunts dyed their a light golden brown and it looks completely natural. King of the North, do you even know what I look like or seen my pictures?

All you'd need to do is see some of the pictures of my hair when lightened. I have posted some pictures with my hair coloured lighter and it's a dark blonde.

Wallflower, I don't think Skadi is the right website for you. I've just taken a look through your posting history. This forum is only making your bizarre inferiority-complex even worse, and that's not good for anyone's mental health or happiness. Get rid of that obsession. Seriously, I mean it.
    Why?

Well you are right that I need to get rid of this obsession.

I am a Germanic individual with authentic Germanic ancestors, who is very proud of being part of that bloodline and preserving it and I feel I have a right to be here. I'm not harming anyone, but your statement is rather outlandish. What's wrong with my posting history?

Thanks AV. I will dye my hair to prove it.

I take it this statement was meant to be some kind of joke or he's just spreading false rumours about me. Four people gave thanks to it and I'm not sure why. Seriously people, disregard and ignore it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast