Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Geez, if that's the katana he made that he tortured tested at the end of vid #2, then I wouldn't want to have to bet my life on one of his swords!

Also, his tameshigiri technique is friggin' ugly as sin. Don't know what school he learned it from, but that it just plain pug fugly to look at.

Nakamura Sensei Performing Tameshigiri
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzJAUKZGyNQ

Obata Sensei and Kabutowari(Helmet Cutting)
    http://www.shinkendo.com/kabuto.html
    Omnia risus et omnis pulvis et omnia nihil - HPL

"Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about." - Willy Wonka

“niemand bleibt hier” - Maria Orsic

Last Online
    Thursday, July 19th, 2012 @ 05:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    75% Scott 25% German
    Ancestry
    Scotland-Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Occupation
    disabled
    Politics
    I'll never vote again
    Religion
    God spoke to me, he's my friend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Elessar,

I knew a guy who made swords but he moved away.
    'Masterbladesmith Dan' was is name and he made things like Roman short swords, Claymores, every kind of Historical, warfare related swords and knives too. He got hundreds of dollars for them and they were beautiful in the extreme. I studied with him every chance I got, meaning he never took money but rather answered any question I had very well, taking much time to do so and showing me his big machines. He was a very patient and a great guy but got his shop robbed, and then got 'partnered' real bad and moved.
    It was Dan who told me about new, store bought, pre-annealed blade steel and that he uses 1095 mostly. It is quenched in used motor oil with 20% transmission fluid. And introduced me to old Terry Summers at Admiral Steel.

If you want to make swords spend 30 years learning how first. Then get a rich partner to buy $20,000. worth of equipment and rent a $1,200. a month building to keep it all in, and then you will be in the sword business.
    But 'never take a partner', is my advise.

I am just an old, disabled coon hunter who lives out in the woods alone but for my hounds, my horse and my chickens. I wanted to make knives so bought Wayne Goddard's book:
    "Making knives from junk". And got me a $40. DeWalt grinder, some junk and I was in the Knife business! I made knives from junk and have a hundred of them out in the knife shop. {The barn} I'd grind a blade from a saw blade, or an old leaf spring. Handle it with a piece of old shovel handle or a piece of horseapple wood I cut with my new 'Grizzly' band saw. My specialty was the railroad spike Knife. I gave one to the Doctor who operated on my shoulder after the assault that ended my knife making for the last five years.
    I have spent the last four years seeing that five bad cops are imprisoned for conspiracy, i.e. 99.5 years each. In a month I can afford more 1095-1085 blade steel from Admiral steel. I have 32 blades finished and turtle waxed awaiting handling but need to mark the new steel first.

My knives are skinners and stabbers. Skinners for the coon hunting and trapping crowd and stabbers for the Spanish speaking crowd to carry in their shoes. Both are real big sellers and I am ready to get back out in the shop and make some knives.
    It pays more than trapping coon, hell knife making pays nearly $5. an hour.

Thank you...

Jack the Knife
    {My name is Jack and I make Knives}
    http://jacksknifeshop.tripod.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234