European Union European Union
    Rossialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Norway/Russia: Alpine/Boreby/EB and Corded

http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/chapter-IX4.htm

In any case, the deviation of the western and north-central Norwegians from the standard eastern Norwegian form is indicative of the absorption of the latter by pre-food-producing Scandinavian strains, as well as by pre-Iron Age Corded blood. The oft-stated and overemphasized resemblance between the western Norwegians and central European Alpines reflects merely the common origin in the glacial period of Borreby and Alpine ancestors. The Alpines, however, have undergone modifications involving size reduction below the earlier form, while the Norwegian survivors have retained their ancestral dimensions.

So Alpines must be considered "Nordish" too (the question is for those who believe in the Nordish concept)? Or shall we exclude the "Borreby" type? Perhaps, we shall label this type partially-Mongolid, like (East-)Baltics?

It's also known that Alpines and (East-)Baltics are very similar - according to Russian anthropologists they (EBs) are "balticized" (Bunak) dolichocephalic broad faced (138-139 mm) UPs. So it seems Alpines have developed from UP Europids too (I've not read about Alpines origin).

a vault attaining 128-130 mm. in auricular height, which is very great for living races

There are regions in Russia where this height attains 138mm (Vorobyev).

My auricular height is 151-152 mm. Beside that I perfectly fit the Valle/Troender (a kind of recombination - some traits are from one type - some are from another) type, but with a much stronger Corded strain, it seems. I believe it's not uncommon here. I often see individuals on streets of Moscow who look perfectly Phalian (but more gracile, more fine featured) - that's unreduced Balts, so Corded/UP combinations are possible (but most common are reduced Corded/reduced UP(Baltic) combinations, perhaps, more on the Baltic side).

It seems thou that BAs here have experienced the same process as Troenders in Norway - the heads became a bit shorter, or at least didn't gain in length (Corded type had 200+ originally I believe).

Just a few thoughts, thou

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 05:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Post Re: Norway/Russia: Alpine/Boreby/EB and Corded

Originally posted by Ross
    http://www.fikas.no/~sprocket/snpa/chapter-IX4.htm

So Alpines must be considered "Nordish" too (the question is for those who believe in the Nordish concept)? Or shall we exclude the "Borreby" type? Perhaps, we shall label this type partially-Mongolid, like (East-)Baltics?

It's also known that Alpines and (East-)Baltics are very similar - according to Russian anthropologists they (EBs) are "balticized" (Bunak) dolichocephalic broad faced (138-139 mm) UPs. So it seems Alpines have developed from UP Europids too (I've not read about Alpines origin).
    Obviously they are structurally similar, but alpines are dark and east baltics are light. In this case meds and nordics have a common ancestor too but there is no way we would consider a med to be nordic. Which is why we don't consider alpines to be nordic either. Nordish maybe, if some were indeed actually from the north......

Besides that, Eb are only considered to be periphery nordish anyway. I think the classification works well how it is. Borreby is classified as nordic because of the strong presence of the Brünn element, and because they are depigmented.

I can understand why everyone wants to be nordic but everyone cannot be. So please stop trying to nordicize that what is not and never will be nordic!

a vault attaining 128-130 mm. in auricular height, which is very great for living races

There are regions in Russia where this height attains 138mm (Vorobyev).

My auricular height is 151-152 mm. Beside that I perfectly fit the Valle/Troender (a kind of recombination - some traits are from one type - some are from another) type, but with a much stronger Corded strain, it seems. I believe it's not uncommon here.

[/B]
    Tronder huh? But that still doesn't explain your personality x_p

Last Online
    Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 @ 08:42 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Rossialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Re: Norway/Russia: Alpine/Boreby/EB and Corded

Originally posted by NordicPower88

So please stop trying to nordicize that what is not and never will be nordic!

You're too stern to yourself...

Purifier
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic/Germanic
    Country
    United States United States
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

<< Borreby is classified as nordic because of the strong presence of the Brünn element, and because they are depigmented.>>

I don't think anyone would classify the Borreby as nordic. That's one of the reasons for the "Central Nordish" designation, right? To include nordic types as well as Borreby and Brunn types.