Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: If You Could Go Back in Time and Eliminate a Historical Figure, Who Would It Be?

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Devoted father & husband
    Politics
    E Pluribus Unum
    Religion
    Ascension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    I don't believe in any kind of soul or spirit, but Christians do, and they believe all souls are fundamentally equal. To them, this imaginary core transcends any kind of physical or material difference. Every human is the Christian's brother, because every human has a 'soul' and there are no races of the soul, no divisions whatsoever. This is basically the source of Christian universalism: it's the common ground between all men, and it's what makes all men essentially equal.
    "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal.." Declaration of Independence

Those words "all men are created equal" as penned by Thomas Jefferson have been confused and confounded by the subversive to imply that men, being created equal must also be equal in ability. This has been the great error in egalitarian thinking. What all men are equal in is the fact that we all enter the world dumb, and blind and must develop our senses by experience and instruction. A baby born of the highest ancestry and one of the lowest, both left alone in the woods to survive, without human contact could not even devolope to the intellect of a savage. It would even be a stretch to call them human. Without a cultural framework to ground itself in, the myth of race supremacy in the biological sense is a fraud.
    The differences in races arise from culture and culture itself has always been the greatest where there is a unified folk, which itself is a union of races. The effeminacy of man is no new thing either, being a product of men that began to think subjectively. In the past our men did not see race as the stable reality that women see it as. For this reason women control the selection process as they are Natures natural preservers, not man.

All men are also equal under what the same founders understood to be the the "infinite laws of Nature". In which we may easily observe that a law exists that does not discriminate whether you are a despot or a saint, king or criminal, Scottsman or Pygmy, man or woman, fat or thin. Whether you revere the law or deny its existence it matters not. It moves upon those which are ignorant as well as those which are wise and makes no distinction between an honest man or a liar.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindefense View Post
    "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal.." Declaration of Independence

Those words "all men are created equal" as penned by Thomas Jefferson have been confused and confounded by the subversive to imply that men, being created equal must also be equal in ability. This has been the great error in egalitarian thinking.
    I didn't refer to this. I know Christians don't think all people are equal in ability. They do, however, think all people are morally equal under God. To visit any kind of indignity on a man, regardless of his ability, is wrong to the eye of a good Christian.

What all men are equal in is the fact that we all enter the world dumb, and blind and must develop our senses by experience and instruction. A baby born of the highest ancestry and one of the lowest, both left alone in the woods to survive, without human contact could not even devolope to the intellect of a savage. It would even be a stretch to call them human. Without a cultural framework to ground itself in, the myth of race supremacy in the biological sense is a fraud.
    This isn't what is meant at all. As I said a couple of posts back, when Christians talk about equality, they mean equal under God, equal as 'human beings', God's children, equal in our capacity for 'good' and 'evil', equal in our partaking of original sin etc. This focus on the soul, on what's 'under the skin' in combination with separation of sin from sinner essentially reduces any inherent difference between man and man to nil in the mind of the Christian. On top of this, Christians prefer the meek, the diseased (physically and spiritually), the depraved, because through them the Christian can prove to God his piousness. 'Equal in spirit but unequal in body' sets the Christian an imperative to favour the disadvantaged of God's children. A Christian parent prefers the child with Down Syndrome, the Christian politician prefers the refugee etc.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 03:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmann View Post
    Would everyone stop assuming that of all Christians? Just because there have been some neo-Christian nuts who have tried to take words either far too literally, or have almost "rewrote" the Bible in their minds? What about the rest of us who say, "I'm Christian, be whatever you want, I don't care, and I think that there are genetic differences in people, and that the strong will dominate the weak". The Bible did not say "Shell out for the poor", it said "help the less fortunate", which means people who are down on their luck not by their own hand, a neighbor who was in a car wreck because of some drunk and can't work, not the lazy bum who doesn't want to work!
    My remarks addressed Christian concepts, not Christians.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 30th, 2011 @ 06:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Nordland Nordland
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin.
    Borte bra, hjemme best

Last Online
    Saturday, May 20th, 2017 @ 09:12 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Ancestry
    Germany/Ireland (Viking?)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian (non-denominational)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If You Could Go Back in Time and Eliminate a Historical Figure, Who Would It Be?

I would have to say (and with considerable glee in my voice when doing so)...

Mohammed.

Think of how much better the world would have been and would be without this miserable wretch every having existed to spread his hate around the world.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2017 @ 07:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Atlanto-CM Alpinid
    Country
    German Fraternity German Fraternity
    Taurus
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Nationalsozialismus
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Abraham. I means, if there was no Abraham, there would be no jews. No jews means no Marx, no Communism, no Multiculturalism and no problems.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 21st, 2016 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England,Germany, Finland
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    natural law
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    My answer would be Karl Marx, sorry Karl but your ideals killed more people all over the world with your fantasy of fairness and no classes of people. Millions upon millions probably in the hundreds of millions of people killed for no other reason than to equate all people's. Only problem, there is no fairness in this world. no matter how much central planning is done, are you listening you fat slob michael moore, the people as individuals have more of a knowing of what to do to better there own lives than pinheads in a state capital. When was the last time anybody thought, Oh today was a great day everybody was treated fairly and equal, I have never heard that.

Last Online
    Monday, November 21st, 2011 @ 07:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Great Britain; England (Berkshire and Gloucestershire) and Scotland (Lanarkshire and Perthshire).
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Undergraduate Student
    Politics
    Right-wing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would agree with everyone saying Karl Marx. If it wasn't for the Russian revolution of 1917, the world would be a much better place.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 24th, 2011 @ 09:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain/germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Fashion
    Politics
    preservation
    Religion
    I'll believe it when I see it
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I truly think karl marx actually meant well. I don't think he wanted to wipe out germanic people but yes it would be him to be killed. Either him or winston churchill. Theat guy was a pompous butcher.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Grandparrents Faroese, now live in germany
    Ancestry
    My grandparrents on mother side where faroese, my father was born in munich,
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Heilerziehuingspfleger
    Politics
    no party affiliation
    Religion
    germanic heathen norse
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have thought about this for quite a while, and read the thread doing so. Interesting read ^^ But i think most choices you made are way too obvious for such an interesting thought experiment.

Strangely most people that come to my mind are saints : St. Patrick, St Paul, St Benedict..........

Gayus Julius Cesar is also an interesting choice, without him the roman empire might have never included france and england. On the other hand the varus-battle might have never happened, and that was certainly an important influence in uniting the german tribes for the first time.
    Can i shoot him (to find out what happens) and then later decide upon the result if it was really a good idea and if not stop myself ?

Constantine is also interesting, without him christianity would have probably stayed a small sect. Same rule then with cesar though ^^

How about the father of Tut Ankh Amun, Amenhotep IV later known as Akhenaten? He made Amun the most important religion in old egypt. That religion had a major influence on all 3 monotheistic world religions. Without him we would have no islam, no christianity AND no jews, thats 3 for the price of one, can anybody beat that?

How about pope Gregor the second for the inquisition ?

I will think about this some more, i am sure i will find a few more interesting choices ^^