View Poll Results: Do you believe in Reincarnation?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do

67 45.89%
  • No I dont

79 54.11%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Thread: What Are Your Opinions on the Possibility of Reincarnation and "Past Lives"?

Last Online
    55 Minutes Ago @ 02:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Folkish traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    I agree with Yaxley - I don't doubt that people have visions of what seems to be their former lives in their heads, but from a Christian perspective they can't be memories as such. And in that case you'd be channeling demons who try to give you the impression you have led a former life, to lead you away from the truth. Or maybe the memories are real afterall, but perhaps completely misunderstood. They could be the memories of your ancestors rather than your own. There's so much we don't know about our brains and about so-called junk DNA (which I doubt is purely junk) yet.
    "The moral code of our society is so demanding that no one can think, feel and act in a completely moral way. For example, we are not supposed to hate anyone, yet almost everyone hates somebody at some time or other, whether he admits it to himself or not. Some people are so highly socialized that the attempt to think, feel and act morally imposes a severe burden on them. In order to avoid feelings of guilt, they continually have to deceive themselves about their own motives and find moral explanations for feelings and actions that in reality have a non-moral origin. We use the term “oversocialized” to describe such people." — Ted Kaczynski

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Tradition
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    I do not believe in it, it is likely a demonic lie (Satan wants people to believe they have a multiple or an unlimited number of lives to make things right, so that they do not have to worry about sin and coming to Christ). Hypnosis does not work with everyone, and it is occult in nature. For those that does (usually extraverts and people with high EQ), it is fairly easy to plant memories inside their heads and make them believe certain events happened. With others, it could be the (side)effect of certain drugs. The feeling of deja vu, for example, is fairly easy to reproduce in a lab.

I saw once a video of someone who tried to hypnotise people towards past life regression. It works gradually, you first recall moments as a child, then you imagine yourself in the womb, and so on. The technique is simple, it relaxes you and makes use of your imagination. There is nothing factual about it. However, I would caution anyone from subjecting themselves to such techniques.

Hypnosis: The day my mind was 'possessed'

What might exist is epigenetic memory, which could be past traumatic experiences shared through DNA.

Memories Can Be Inherited, and Scientists May Have Just Figured out How

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bleyer For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    I am very convinced that thought patterns are inherited, on reincarnation from a Pagan perspective it is strongly likely in that sense, we are where we come from. I often feel that many times when people think of past lives they could be daydreaming or romanticizing about our histories. A good example would be that someone believes in their past life they were a famous king, poet or whatever, this could just be overactive daydreaming and wishful thinking. However we could all be wrong and we actually are reincarnates of our relatives or folk, it depends on what perspective you classify reincarnation into either actual or general.

There should be a maybe option on the poll-

people love polls and they are so helpful in guiding our independent thinking[sarcasm]
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 11:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scott. English, 3/16 Irish English, 4/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I have to be agnostic about it, but I lean towards believing. I recommend the books by Dr. Jim B. Tucker:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_B._Tucker about children apparently remembering past lives. It's hard to escape the conclusion that reincarnation is the best explanation for a number of cases.

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-...revious-lives/

"Some young children, usually between the ages of 2 and 5, speak about memories of a previous life they claim to have lived. At the same time they often show behaviors, such as phobias or preferences, that are unusual within the context of their particular family and cannot be explained by any current life events. These memories appear to be concordant with the child’s statements about a previous life.

In many cases of this type, the child’s statements have been shown to correspond accurately to facts in the life and death of a deceased person. Some of the children have birthmarks and birth defects that correspond to wounds or other marks on the deceased person whose life is being remembered by the child. In numerous cases postmortem reports have confirmed these correspondences. Older children may retain these apparent memories, but generally they seem to fade around the age of 7 . The young subjects of these cases have been found all over the world including Europe and North America."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aelfgar For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    11 Hours Ago @ 03:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Ethno-Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    They could be the memories of your ancestors rather than your own. There's so much we don't know about our brains and about so-called junk DNA (which I doubt is purely junk) yet.

This is an interesting point. I was once told by an acquaintance that a friend of his had always possessed a memory of a place he'd never seen. Then one day he happened across that place while living in a new city and, after mentioning this to his own father, he was surprised to learn that the park had immense sentimental importance to his father - who had visited it often in his youth. So basically the son had inherited a memory from his father.

He could have been trying to pull my leg but I think the story is worth sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfgar View Post
    I have to be agnostic about it, but I lean towards believing. I recommend the books by Dr. Jim B. Tucker:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_B._Tucker about children apparently remembering past lives. It's hard to escape the conclusion that reincarnation is the best explanation for a number of cases.

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-...revious-lives/
    I find stories about children with odd preferences / attitudes / memories to be the most interesting. It's mainly the adults who claim to remember a dozen lives as badass warriors & kings - yet now work as a cashier at Walmart - that make me lose interest.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J.Yaxley For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 11:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scott. English, 3/16 Irish English, 4/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Yaxley View Post
    I find stories about children with odd preferences / attitudes / memories to be the most interesting. It's mainly the adults who claim to remember a dozen lives as badass warriors & kings - yet now work as a cashier at Walmart - that make me lose interest.
    Yeah. Tucker himself accepts that supposed memories from hypnosis are of very little value. Either the stories told by some of the children he writes about have a paranormal explanation or there were some very sophisticated hoaxes behind them by ordinary people with no obvious motivation.

Wild Cat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    If reincarnation does take place after we take our last breath, I just hope I'm not reincarnated back into this twisted world.
    “A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.” Robert A. Heinlein

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gareth Lee Hunter For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 12:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    student
    Politics
    Conservative/Libertarian
    Religion
    Mormon/Noahide/Eastern thoughts
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'm open for that idea. It's not only to be found in Hinduism and Buddhism, but in many religions. It can be found in the Bible (both OT and NT) but it's kind of vague there. It's a common thought in Kabbalah. I met a Christian group last year from Germany. They were not a congregation but they wanted to talk about the ideas of reincarnations in Christianity. The members belong to different denominations.

Last Online
    13 Hours Ago @ 01:37 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts
    No , there is no recarnation or rebirth .

Similar people might be reborn , especially since the documentation of people
    is far more common , than in ancient times .

Everyone could pick some person , and play it's role in everyday's life .

Such actor's behaviour is a psychological issue .

There is this common tale about a person in mental hospital , claiming to be Napoleon .

Napoleon might have been reborn in Sarkozy and Marcon for example , with different
    pre-shaped societies .

Some Napoleon could really emerge after a bloody revolution .
    Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Mecklenburg, Böhmen, Buchenland, Siebenbürgen
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Mecklenburg-Schwerin Mecklenburg-Schwerin
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Lee Hunter View Post
    If reincarnation does take place after we take our last breath, I just hope I'm not reincarnated back into this twisted world.
    You should check the Tibetan book of the dead, Bardo Thodol, it has some really good insight about where we can go after this lifetime. (I hope you will find a good translation, though.)

So, my opinion on this matter can be summarized by the phrase above. Some things happen even if we believe in them or not. But remembering past lives is not easy to do, I guess most people who are claiming to remember past lives are just dreaming and fantasizing or whatever else about it. Unless it's some saint or important spiritual figure to claim that he/she remembers some of their past existences, I really doubt it. Though, I read about some children who had some memories from their previous life, but that was because they died of a sudden or violent death and reincarnated quite soon after that. If it's from small children it may be a chance it's true too.

Tibetans have a cult about preparing to die, just because they know they go somewhere else after that, and they want to be prepared for the moment of their deaths. I think that's wise.
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718