View Poll Results: Do you believe in Reincarnation?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do

71 47.02%
  • No I dont

80 52.98%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Opinions on the Possibility of Reincarnation and "Past Lives"?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Post Re: Do you believe in Reincarnation?

Quote Originally Posted by Oskorei
    The modern theory of reincarnation is a degeneration of the original. The original theory went something like this: A human is made up by several parts/building-blocks, and after death they are usually separated and re-used. And that is not what most New-Agers mean when they talk about reincarnation. Apparently reality is a little more grim than New Agers believe There are ways to reincarnate the "united" person, however, described in Yoga of Power by Julius Evola, and in the Tibetan Book of Death (havent read it, but Evola says so). Once in a while, these ways are probably also discovered by accident by some recently deceased, so New Age-style reincarnation is not an impossibility for anyone with some willpower.
    I am a little ashamed to admit this but I have never read anything by Julius Evola. Can you tell me something about "Yoga of Power"? I have looking into several types of Yoga.

Last Online
    Saturday, September 6th, 2008 @ 02:41 AM
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I take the Upanishadic/Schopenhaueran view on this. This is more than a bit difficult to explain.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried Augustus
    There are some odd verses in the Bible though, especially regarding a connection between Elias and John the Baptist. According to a Jewish tradition, the arrival of the Messiah would be preceded by the return of the prophet Elias.

I quote:

7 And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
    8 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.
    9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
    10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
    11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
    12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
    13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
    14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
    15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
    King James Version, Matthew 11

And:

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
    11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
    12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
    13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
    King James Version, Matthew 17

It seems John the Baptist was a reïncarnation of the prophet Elias. This, of course, does not mean Christianity claims reïncarnation occurs as a rule, but it does seem to imply that it at the very least happens as exception to the rule.
    Luke 1
    11Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13But the angel said to him: "Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John. 14He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from birth.[2] 16Many of the people of Israel will he bring back to the Lord their God. 17And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous--to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

John 1:21: "They asked him, "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, "No.""

John follows the archtype of Elijah. John is not his reincarnation.Notice the worlds Spirit and Power of Elijah. Both John and Elijah had very similiar ministries and this is why John is referred to as Elijah.

Reincarnation is not a Christian Doctrine.

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Tydal/Litorid/Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Identitär
    Religion
    Indo-europeisk Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff
    I am a little ashamed to admit this but I have never read anything by Julius Evola. Can you tell me something about "Yoga of Power"? I have looking into several types of Yoga.
    I apologize if this will be a bit confused, but the book is not here at the moment so this is from memory. If anything is unclear, feel free to ask and answers will come when the book returns home

Evolas thesis is that during the Kali Yuga, some of the old wisdoms are no longer applicable. In this situation, new forms developed, partly as a fusion of older, not so Hyperborean, traditions, with the Aryan traditions, in India. The result was not as focused on contemplation as the forms of wisdom that were inherited from the earlier, "better", yugas, but more focused on this world, on the powers inherent in Nature, and in the body.

He describes the philosophy behind Tantrism and Shaktism (not very much on the practice, just the basics but not enough for practicion. There are some notes on breathing that I found of use). He describes how the Tantrist/Shaktist is to awaken the Kundalini in himself through yoga, breathing, rituals, mantras and orgies. The goal is to achieve liberation, to levae the wheel of reincarnation, and to become a god. At the same time, the Tantrist achieves siddhis, powers, in this life. But he is transformed during his enlightenment, so he probably looses much of the incentives to use the siddhis for money etc.

In the back of the book there is a very interesting appendix on the Book of the Dead from Tibet, which is also Tantrist.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 15th, 2009 @ 08:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Occupation
    schülerin
    Politics
    Radikal NS & Eugenics
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic Eagle
    Reincarnation pressumes the existence of an immortal Psyche (Soul) to all humans (it also pressumes that for all living creatures, but it is not what i am interested in here in this post).

This immortal Psyche that we all have, is what makes us "alive".
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskorei
    The modern theory of reincarnation is a degeneration of the original. The original theory went something like this: A human is made up by several parts/building-blocks, and after death they are usually separated and re-used. And that is not what most New-Agers mean when they talk about reincarnation. Apparently reality is a little more grim than New Agers believe There are ways to reincarnate the "united" person, however, described in Yoga of Power by Julius Evola, and in the Tibetan Book of Death (havent read it, but Evola says so). Once in a while, these ways are probably also discovered by accident by some recently deceased, so New Age-style reincarnation is not an impossibility for anyone with some willpower.
    Personally, I find reincarnation (like religion) a waste of time. Religious and contending view points make it such that you must resort to agnostics. Reincarnation however, (compiled from the quotes above) is a form of belief that acts as a single event and or sequence of events which begins and ends.. mixed with religious virtues in some points, and the plane supernatural in other points. Reincarnation itself (nothing else) is based sorely on inductive reasoning. I lack the ability to blindly accept it, nor could i prove it wrong or right. I do not believe in reincarnation, and i do not rule out the possibility it could exist.

'German boy, do not forget you are a German,' and, 'Little girl, remember you are to become a German mother.'

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, July 8th, 2011 @ 09:46 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most people are very coward or selfish to accept that nobody is so important that his/her dead would make Universe non-fuctionable.They are ready to beleive to any kind of religion that will promise them an after life,reincarnations or anything that would insure their existance for ever.Proofs never asked.

Account Inactive Hellenic Eagle's Avatar
    Last Online
    Saturday, May 12th, 2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Subrace
    Greek
    Aristocrat/Idealist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alkman
    Most <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> are very coward or selfish to accept that nobody is so important that his/her dead would make Universe non-fuctionable.They are ready to beleive to any kind of religion that will promise them an after life,reincarnations or anything that would insure their existance for ever.Proofs never asked.

I agree with you in the well known easiness with which people, mostly the uneducated masses, tend to believe in a "rewarding" afterlife.

However, in my opinion, i distinguish the idea of an afterlife Heaven, to the idea of Reincarnation.

The Christian Heaven, assumes that the human will do what God "wants" him/her to do, be a "good" boy/girl, follow certain rules and thus receive the entrance to Paradise!

Reincarnation on the other hand, is actually based on the idea that the soul is immortal. This simple idea, of the immortality of the human Soul, has been repeatedly tried to be explained logically, scientifically.

Of course, no one ever dared to prove "scientifically" the existence of a Christian or Muslim paradise, he would be considered a retard!!!

So going to Paradise after death and the Immortality of the Soul, are two different things in my opinion, the first one is very often a cheap excuse for small minded people, the second one a theory for the spiritual human to search and theorize about.

Of course, i cannot say that i am absolutely convinced about the definite occurence of Reincarnation.

Last Online
    Friday, September 30th, 2011 @ 05:06 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Nordic
    Ancestry
    Sicily, Normandy
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Platonic love
    Occupation
    Translator, Publisher
    Politics
    Counterrevolutionary
    Religion
    Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

According to the Traditionalist (e.g., Guenon, Schuon, Coomaraswamy), there is a distinction between reincarnation (which is impossible, and any alleged experiences of it are actually cases of metempsychosis) and transmigration, which is the actual ancient teaching.

By reincarnation, it is normally meant that some entity keeps returning to the human state. However, given the Infinitude of the Absolute, or Ultimate Reality, it makes no sense for the Being to return to the human state, since there are an indefinite number of other states. Furthermore, given the irreality of time, how -- that is, at what point in the "past" -- did the process of reincarnation get kicked off in the first place?

Besides the works of Guenon on Hunduism and his refutations of Theosophy and Spiritualism, you may want to consult Coomaraswamy's essay "The One and Only Transmigrant".
    Liber esse, scientiam acquirere, veritatem loquor

http://www.gornahoor.net

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@Northern Paladin: Thanks for those quotes. Matthew is an older gospel than John though (not sure about Luke), and since Matthew never mentions that John the Baptist denied being Elias or that the connection should be taken allegorically, it might still be interesting material when researching the beliefs of the early Christians. After all, the Gospel of Matthew was written before Paul's enormous influence on Christianity, while John was written later.

On a side note: Your quotes refer to Elijah, yet if I look them up in the King James Version, they refer to Elias. Were they one and the same person? I seem to recall that Elias was the apprentice of Elijah.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried Augustus
    @Northern Paladin: Thanks for those quotes. Matthew is an older gospel than John though (not sure about Luke), and since Matthew never mentions that John the Baptist denied being Elias or that the connection should be taken allegorically, it might still be interesting material when researching the beliefs of the early Christians. After all, the Gospel of Matthew was written before Paul's enormous influence on Christianity, while John was written later.

On a side note: Your quotes refer to Elijah, yet if I look them up in the King James Version, they refer to Elias. Were they one and the same person? I seem to recall that Elias was the apprentice of Elijah.
    Elias is Greek for Elijah.http://home.it.net.au/~jgrapsas/pages/elias.htm
    Elijah's apprentice was called Elisha. Anyways glad you found those quotes helpful.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast