Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: Anime for Germanics

  1. #1
    Senior Member Wittmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Prussian
    Subrace
    Faelid/Batlid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    631
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Anime for Germanics

    Hello everyone, I thought I might compile something for you. I'm not sure what your opinions are on anime (the Japanese cartoons), but I have come up with a few that really promote Germanic culture. Now of course, there are those weird Japanese cartoons that exploit the, odd tastes of some people, but this list is one made up of anime that promote our culture.

    First off, I will give the name, and the "stars", and it's "rating" (appropriateness).



    Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 10/10, (PG-10).

    Violence - 4 (Minor blood, and space based combat)
    Sexual Themes - 1 (The most I ever saw was a hug)
    Language - 3 (An occasional "Damn")

    This is, in my opinion, the greatest show ever created. It's the story of a continuation of the Prussian Empire's Military in space, fighting against the corrupt democracy, and it's degrading culture. Ahem, it's also extremely fair, and tells the story from a balanced view. It shows the side of both the Prussians and the Democracy. Of course, the Prussians are shown as heroes, brave, and also well cultured. It's one of the best examples of foriegn culture, showing the bravery of Germanics. I find humor in that the Democracy is quite representative of China, and the show is often a collection of Germanics defeating them. I think we should all take the chance to watch this show.



    Spice and Wolf - 9/10, (PG-12).

    Violence - 4 (Some fight scenes, but rarely any blood)
    Sexual Themes - 5 (Nonsexual nudity once in awhile)
    Language - 3 (An occasional "Damn")

    This is the low-fantasy story of a Merchant who ends up taking a Pagan Goddess on as a travelling companion. A major portion of the show is the conflict from the newly established power of the Church versus the beliefs of the Pagans. I really enjoyed the slower pace of this show. I found the dialogue between the Pagan Girl, and the Christian Merchant to be really well done, and overall, the show was very enjoyable to watch.



    Fulll Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 9/10 (PG-12)

    Violence - 6 (It can be pretty bloody, but not much gore)
    Sexual Themes - 2 (Really nothing here, maybe some medical nudity)
    Language - 5 (Our main character likes his 4 letter words from time to time)

    The story of an Alchemist (essentially a scientist who can use magic), in a Pre-World War One Industrialized Society. The main conflict is a major war between the Germanic Military and the suicidal "Muslim" forces, who are trying to destroy alchemy, because they hate science and knowledge. I liked the brotherhood bond between the protagonists, and the German styled forces. It also has a good length, of 52 episodes, and has a well developed plotline.




    I'll add more as I go along.
    Ein Kampf, Ein Sieg! Fur Prussia!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ediruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 1st, 2019 @ 06:29 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    1,295
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmann View Post

    Fulll Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 9/10 (PG-12)

    Violence - 6 (It can be pretty bloody, but not much gore)
    Sexual Themes - 2 (Really nothing here, maybe some medical nudity)
    Language - 5 (Our main character likes his 4 letter words from time to time)

    The story of an Alchemist (essentially a scientist who can use magic), in a Pre-World War One Industrialized Society. The main conflict is a major war between the Germanic Military and the suicidal "Muslim" forces, who are trying to destroy alchemy, because they hate science and knowledge. I liked the brotherhood bond between the protagonists, and the German styled forces. It also has a good length, of 52 episodes, and has a well developed plotline.
    Well, TBH, when it comes to Full Metal Alchemist, I wouldn't say it would be the most "Germanic Friendly" anime. After all, they do really portray the brown people as being oppressed by the "Germanic Military" and near the end of the series it shows hundreds of white soldiers being sacrificed to create the Philosopher's stone by the brown anti-hero.

    I call him an anti-hero because they portray him in a sympathetic way. He was tortured by the murder of his parents at the hands of white soldiers and also tortured by his brother's death. And goes on a quest of vengeance to destroy western civilization.

    The real villains of the series are the homunculuses, but, even then, they are portrayed in a sympathetic way. In fact, the German Military was portrayed as having been tainted and corrupted from the inside. The Fuhrer near the end is portrayed as being an evil christian entity (no joke).

  3. #3
    Senior Member Wittmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Prussian
    Subrace
    Faelid/Batlid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    631
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ediruc View Post
    Well, TBH, when it comes to Full Metal Alchemist, I wouldn't say it would be the most "Germanic Friendly" anime. After all, they do really portray the brown people as being oppressed by the "Germanic Military" and near the end of the series it shows hundreds of white soldiers being sacrificed to create the Philosopher's stone by the brown anti-hero.

    I call him an anti-hero because they portray him in a sympathetic way. He was tortured by the murder of his parents at the hands of white soldiers and also tortured by his brother's death. And goes on a quest of vengeance to destroy western civilization.

    The real villains of the series are the homunculuses, but, even then, they are portrayed in a sympathetic way. In fact, the German Military was portrayed as having been tainted and corrupted from the inside. The Fuhrer near the end is portrayed as being an evil christian entity (no joke).
    I saw it in a different light, I always saw it as showing the Ishbalans as whiny and weak, but I also am very harsh on the weak.

    I think the anime had a bit more of a neutral view then the manga, which was defenitely more Germanic.
    Ein Kampf, Ein Sieg! Fur Prussia!

  4. #4
    New Member Hallstatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 @ 04:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Normandy, Austria, Germany, Ireland
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Posts
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am a fan of some of the older Gundam series. The original is WWII in space practically.

    Evangelion is a favorite
    Escaflowne has a European style setting
    Berserk has a European setting too
    Ghost in the Shell was good

    Even DBZ was good stuff back in the day.

    While most anime is crap especially these days there were some genuinely good series that had gotten released over the years.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lady Vengeance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 02:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Visual art student
    Politics
    Commienazi
    Posts
    246
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I always loved anime because it's not bound by content restrictions. At all. Anime can be about bloodthirsty vampires, girly love stories, historical figures, or unthinkable child-porn. There seems to be no limit on the subject matter.

    I agree with the guy above - Ghost In The Shell was an awesome movie (I haven't watched the TV series yet). I really loved Akira, too. Oldies are still goldies.

    These manga and anime are great as well:

    Death Note
    Princess Mononoke
    Monster
    Grave of the Fireflies (the saddest movie I've seen, EVER)

  6. #6
    Senior Member Wittmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Prussian
    Subrace
    Faelid/Batlid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    631
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vengeance View Post
    I always loved anime because it's not bound by content restrictions. At all. Anime can be about bloodthirsty vampires, girly love stories, historical figures, or unthinkable child-porn. There seems to be no limit on the subject matter.

    I agree with the guy above - Ghost In The Shell was an awesome movie (I haven't watched the TV series yet). I really loved Akira, too. Oldies are still goldies.

    These manga and anime are great as well:

    Death Note
    Princess Mononoke
    Monster
    Grave of the Fireflies (the saddest movie I've seen, EVER)
    I agree there, Death Note was extremely well written, with an intelligent plot, and allowed you to form your own opinions about morality. Princess Mononoke was also very good, although I am strongly in favor of industrialization, so the "hippy themes" didn't sit well with me . You should take a second to watch the show "Zipang", it's set in World War Two, and has a healthy amount of nationalism, pretty good, if you can ignore a few laudible art mistakes.
    Ein Kampf, Ein Sieg! Fur Prussia!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Fredericus Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 @ 10:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    America
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Location
    Anaheim
    Gender
    Family
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Presbyterian
    Posts
    188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nobody's talking about Hellsing? Basically its a vampire manga/anime (far, far better than Twilight incidentally) having an anti-Vampire British organization fighting against a Catholic order of Vampire hunters and Nazi vampires. I've read the manga mostly (unfortunately its not a very good translation) and watched some clips of it on YouTube. Very violent and bloody however.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Location
    Wales
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    liberal in spirit not politics
    Religion
    Questioning
    Posts
    163
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredericus Rex View Post
    Nobody's talking about Hellsing? Basically its a vampire manga/anime (far, far better than Twilight incidentally) having an anti-Vampire British organization fighting against a Catholic order of Vampire hunters and Nazi vampires. I've read the manga mostly (unfortunately its not a very good translation) and watched some clips of it on YouTube. Very violent and bloody however.
    I enjoyed Helsing but dammit I was going to call my secret society the Easter Society (Easter being the rising sun). All the good ideas have been done
    Denn das Schöne ist nichts
 als des Schrecklichen Anfang, den wir noch grade ertragen,
 und wir bewundern es so, weil es gelassen verschmäht, uns zu zerstören.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Feyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Grandparrents Faroese, now live in germany
    Ancestry
    My grandparrents on mother side where faroese, my father was born in munich,
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Location
    schwäbisch hall
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Heilerziehuingspfleger
    Politics
    no party affiliation
    Religion
    germanic heathen norse
    Posts
    325
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ediruc View Post
    Well, TBH, when it comes to Full Metal Alchemist, I wouldn't say it would be the most "Germanic Friendly" anime. After all, they do really portray the brown people as being oppressed by the "Germanic Military" and near the end of the series it shows hundreds of white soldiers being sacrificed to create the Philosopher's stone by the brown anti-hero.

    I call him an anti-hero because they portray him in a sympathetic way. He was tortured by the murder of his parents at the hands of white soldiers and also tortured by his brother's death. And goes on a quest of vengeance to destroy western civilization.

    The real villains of the series are the homunculuses, but, even then, they are portrayed in a sympathetic way. In fact, the German Military was portrayed as having been tainted and corrupted from the inside. The Fuhrer near the end is portrayed as being an evil christian entity (no joke).

    Erm, I think you are talking about fullmetal alchemist, the first series, while he was talking about fullemtal alchemist BROTHERHOOD, a second installment that was made a few years later, since the first was such a big success. The second follows very close the manga series, while the first was more like : i got the names and the basic story, now i do what i want with it
    There won't be humans in 500 years. Enough people choke themselves when they jerk off we gave it a name. We ain't a species made to last.

    Judging by it´s name common sense must once have been a pretty common thing. When and why did that change, so it became the rare treasure it is today???

  10. #10
    Senior Member Fredericus Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 @ 10:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    America
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Location
    Anaheim
    Gender
    Family
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Presbyterian
    Posts
    188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There's Sora No Woto which features teenage girl soldiers in Wehrmacht Heer uniforms in a post-apocalyptic Switzerland ():
    Sora No Woto




    Then there's Girls und Panzer which somebody posted before:
    Girls und Panzer

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Style of Ancient Germanics Comparing with Modern Germanics
    By Curious in forum Fashion & Beauty
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Monday, January 30th, 2012, 01:35 AM
  2. Anime and Manga
    By Strijdraaf in forum Film, TV, & Performing Arts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Monday, January 10th, 2011, 12:24 AM
  3. What do you think about Japanese Anime?
    By starzfirst in forum Film, TV, & Performing Arts
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: Friday, October 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •