Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Is it just me or am I just too old that I cannot relate an asian animation style to Germanics?

The art style in all of these is clearly asian whether or not asian produced some or all of this.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Speaking of Japanese pop culture, I would like to start a net zine for serialised content similar to light novels or the old US pulps.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Is it just me or am I just too old that I cannot relate an asian animation style to Germanics?

The art style in all of these is clearly asian whether or not asian produced some or all of this.
    The present drawing style of japanese amines is not much older than some 30 years. There are japanese animes from the early 70s which display an entirely different drawing style, today obsolete and no longer found in japanese production.

On the other hand, the present drawing style of japanese animes is similar to German drawings of around 1900. It would deserve indepth research, yet I suspect that the japanese, around 1975 were looking out for molds with which to refurbish their manga/anime production, and found these German samples.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spjabork View Post
    The present drawing style of japanese amines is not much older than some 30 years. There are japanese animes from the early 70s which display an entirely different drawing style, today obsolete and no longer found in japanese production.

On the other hand, the present drawing style of japanese animes is similar to German drawings of around 1900. It would deserve indepth research, yet I suspect thant the japanese, around 1975 were looking out for molds with which to refurbish their manga/anime production, and found these German samples.
    So, the nips are at their same ole tricks of mimicking Western ideas and presenting it as theirs. Even if they are basing their style on older German cartoons or drawings, it all still has a very much Japanese style to it in the end.

Perhaps I don't get all anime or cartoons, I never really watched many of them, not at least when there was a whole outside world to explore and play in as a child. Besides that I did not grow up with television and all those things. When we did finally get one we were very limited on what shows we watched as my parents watched what they wanted.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thumbs Up

Anime is not for kids unless it's for younger shounen or shoujo audiences. And most of the popular anime are intended for young adults aged middle school to university age.

And people will get upset if you call it cartoons.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
    Anime is not for kids unless it's for younger shounen or shoujo audiences. And most of the popular anime are intended for young adults aged middle school to university age.

And people will get upset if you call it cartoons.
    So, really these cartoons are designed for young adults that have not grown up yet and they call them something else to make believe they are not watching cartoons?

I don't care if people who like these cartoons get upset if I call them cartoons, perhaps they need to grow up. Especially young adult men, they are acting like little children and we need them to grow up. It is no wonder there are so many problems in todays world.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Little children would not be humping body pillows.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
    Little children would not be humping body pillows.
    That is exactly my point. The people who like these things should by all age standards be adults and should be doing adult things. Instead they develop these make believe worlds and have things like the "waifu" instead of going out and being a real man by taking on the responsibilities being a real man that means both the good and bad in a real relationship and real life. So boo woo these young so called men cry," I'm socially challenged and I can't get a real girl" or " I hate women and modern feminism has made all women bitches so I'm going to live in mommies' and daddies' basement while I watch my cartoons and dry hump my waifu ". They really need to get a grip on themselves...well maybe that was the wrong term, but you know what I mean. These anime cartoons are just a form of escapism for these over feminized young men children.

I have one thing to say to these idiots Surprise yourself be a man!

All of this reminds me of some historical reenactors. Don't get me wrong I love how some of these people are really into historical details and especially the crafts and art. But, when they take on a persona and try and talk like and want to believe they are say in the Dark Ages are they really not just playing dress up make believe? Nothing is worse than going to a medieval reenactment and seeing or hearing some fem twit playing like he is this bad ass warrior while he slap fights his bubbies with padded sticks. A few years back I was asked to go to a Viking reenactment to demonstrate smithing a Viking axe, I said sure why the hell not they are paying for my travel expenses. Right across where I set my forge was a actual sharp weapons demonstration and here was this guy slicing melons with all kinds of wonderful crafted weapons. I asked the guy if he had ever been in real fight and he said lots of them. I asked if he would spar with me with the padded sticks, he said yes and I commenced to beat the crap out of him with a padded stick and he cried I was not fighting fair....there is nothing such as a fair fight. My only regret is that I stopped short of making this little fem cry when I was hitting him. The moral of the story is it is all make believe, if you want to fight a war join the military, don't play make believe. Over the years I noticed many of these military historical reenactors have never served in the military and if they had and seen combat they would never want to reenact it.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    So, really these cartoons are designed for young adults that have not grown up yet and they call them something else to make believe they are not watching cartoons?
    No. This is solely a language problem. The thing was called 'animated cartoon' (it might also have been called 'moving cartoon', but 'animated' is more meaningful, because drawings do not live, so there are no 'still' drawings). From animated cartoon, it was abbreviated to animated (analogous to 'moving picture' --> 'movie'), and from animated further to 'a-ni-me', which suits the japanese syllable structure.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spjabork View Post
    No. This is solely a language problem. The thing was called 'animated cartoon' (it might also have been called 'moving cartoon', but 'animated' is more meaningful, because drawings do not live, so there are no 'still' drawings). From animated cartoon, it was abbreviated to animated (analogous to 'moving picture' --> 'movie'), and from animated further to 'a-ni-me', which suits the japanese syllable structure.

Like I said cartoons. Comic strip and Comic Books are non-animated in American English.

So even the name denotes Japanese, not Germanic.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast