Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's the Scariest Experience You've Ever Had?

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 @ 09:58 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GothicMoose View Post
    It was horrifying to say the least and has caused some very real issues for me,
    Yes i imagine just as you are about to die seeing Andy Warhol looking down on you has that effect.

Ein echter Deutscher
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not as scary as some of the things written here, but anyway, i once represented a well to do business man from New York in a lawsuit against a well respected attorney who is an incredible jerk. He taunted me the whole case saying i was stupid and he was guaranteed to win. The case proceded to a jury trial where they demanded millions. A loss would probably end my career and my clients life. After a week trial the case went to the jury about noon on a Friday-so i went back to my office and waited in misery.

The court called me around 5 and told me to come back as the jury had a verdict. I drive to the courthouse in heavy Friday traffic with my heart beating fast. I park downtown about a half mile from the courthouse and semi jog(heart beating even faster). I then make into the courtroom and they bring the jury in. At this point i think i am having tachycardia and my ears start ringing. They announced a defense verdict for me. I stumbled out of the courtroom in a daze and obviously will not forget that anytime soon.

Last Online
    Monday, October 24th, 2011 @ 03:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boer born is South Africa
    Ancestry
    German/French/Dutch
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Conservatism
    Religion
    Christian Reformed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We had to do military duty on the border between Namibia and Angola. We would come in at 27 000 ft with a DC10, sitting among the mil cargo, strapped to open canvas seats, backpacks on, rifle between your legs.

For protection, gunships would circle the airstrip and the pilot would dive us to land in between 4 and 5 minutes. For a farm boy, used to only the height of a horse and windmill, the angle of descend was horrifying. The backbreaking landing was just as bad. Must say that after 6 trips you get used to it.

Mortars exploding in camp, RPG7’s hitting vehicles/tents/buildings, AK47 bullets flip-flipping through canvas, a mate shot through the bum – screaming, middle of the night, were bad too.

Retaliation afterwards was horrible too, because we knew the enemy were good at laying mines for vehicles and Jumping-Jack/Black Widow anti personnel mines for us. They normally would plant the mines before they attack.

Last Online
    Monday, October 24th, 2011 @ 03:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boer born is South Africa
    Ancestry
    German/French/Dutch
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Conservatism
    Religion
    Christian Reformed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Something different.

Two of my children died of SMA (Spinal Muscle Atrophy) - they suffocated to death when they were 11 and 17 months old.

After that I would dream that I was caving with a backpack on my back. The dream would end with me struggling through a very narrow opening, the backpack just through the obstruction, and it was a dead end. The opening would then slowly fill up with water and I can’t get back. I’m over it now.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Sometimes in the night I have a strange experience right after falling asleep.
    It feels like I'm mostly awake but I can't move anything and there's some kind of "ghostly face" in the middle of my room, always at exactly the same spot. Sometimes it feels like someone is actually sitting on my chest or touching me.
    I always get really afraid and after some 30 seconds or so I wake up, sweating and confused.

This really gives me the creeps, I'm not really a believer in something supernatural but I have no idea what causes this. This happened at least five times in my life, probably more often.

When researching the phenomena I found this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

And it also reminds me of:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare_%28folklore%29
    I used to get this all the time... the first time I experienced it was when I was 6. I basically felt half-awake, completely paralyzed, I felt a current moving across my entire body, like a swarm of ants or extremely high wind hitting my skin. I felt a constant roll of thunder-like noise... kind of like the sound you hear when sticking your head out of a fast-moving car. I saw tunnels of color in my vision etc... mostly however it was a feeling of intense fear, and shapes, demons, monsters, etc in the room. I still get this from time to time, but it's mostly a feeling of paralysis, a wind-like sensation on my skin, and in my ears.

When I was younger I used to think they were seizures, but now I know better. The doctor laughed at me when I told him my own diagnosis.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 20th, 2017 @ 09:12 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Ancestry
    Germany/Ireland (Viking?)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian (non-denominational)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's the Scarriest Experience You've Ever Had?

Quote Originally Posted by Nooitgedacht View Post
    Something different.

Two of my children died of SMA (Spinal Muscle Atrophy) - they suffocated to death when they were 11 and 17 months old.

After that I would dream that I was caving with a backpack on my back. The dream would end with me struggling through a very narrow opening, the backpack just through the obstruction, and it was a dead end. The opening would then slowly fill up with water and I can’t get back. I’m over it now.
    I am very sorry for your loss, Nooitgedacht.

Last Online
    Monday, August 13th, 2012 @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic-American
    Ancestry
    Swiss/Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Arizona Arizona
    Occupation
    Tech Support
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sorry to post again, but thinking about this thread reminded me of another scary experience I had. After I got out of the service I worked the overnight shift at a convenience store for a few months. I was only 22 or so at the time and I would often sell beer and cigarettes to the local skate-punk teenagers. As a result there were often a few of these little shits hanging around the store when I started my shift.

One night while a small group of these kids were hanging around the store a group of blacks came in (actually it was three blacks and one wigger, but same difference anyway). As the blacks were leaving the store one of them got into some kind of argument with one of the skater kids. I heard the skater call him a "nigger". Next thing I know the black guy pulls out a knife and the skater kid sees it and takes off into the parking lot. The black guy chases after him and the skater kid's two friends in turn start chasing the black guy holding their boards like clubs.

Not wanting someone to die in the parking lot I called 911. While I was on the phone with the operator I could see something of a "mexican standoff" occurring in the parking lot under the gas-pump lights. The three skaters where all holding up their boards and threatening the black guy. After a moment the black guy's friends pulled up next to the pump in their car and he jumped in and they all took off.

I thought the crisis was averted. The 911 operator said she would send a cop out anyway to take a report. The three skater kids came back to the store basically shouting in triumph that they had "beaten" the black (who was probably about 10 years older, a foot taller and 50 pounds heavier than the biggest of the skaters).

I went out front with them and lit up a cigarette. As we were smoking we saw the black's car turn back onto the street right in front of the store. They parked across the street and one of them got out, it was a different black than the one who had started all the trouble, shorter and younger looking, and he casually strolled up to the store with his hand in his front pocket. At this point I knew something bad was about to happen, but some kind of youthful bravado kept me from going back into the store and locking the door.

As the guy got closer he started motioning toward the kid who had called his friend a "nigger" and was saying something like "come here, bro, I want to talk to you". I told the kid not to leave the front of the store, meanwhile the guy just kept stepping closer with his hand in his pocket.

Suddenly, out of the darkness behind us a cop steps out with his gun drawn on the black guy yelling "get on the ground." The black freezes in his tracks and lays down. The skater kids all scatter like wild animals and the car across the street takes off with tires peeling. Meanwhile I am standing in front of the store with a cigarette dangling from my mouth in shock.

The cop calls something in on his radio, while he is keeping the gun trained on the guy on the ground. He then approaches him and starts searching in his pockets. Sure enough, when the cop searches his front pocket he pulls out a chrome automatic. My heart definitely skipped a beat when I saw that gun.

Now, I have never been a big fan of the police, but ever since that happened I have developed a whole new respect for them. The craziest thing about it all to me was that afterward when the cop was taking my report he was so calm about it all, like it was just another day at work.

Anyway, I quit the job less than a week later.

Last Online
    Monday, September 2nd, 2019 @ 10:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    British-German
    Subrace
    Nordid-Cromagnid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Throne and Altar
    Religion
    Aryajnana
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Made a very foolish decision as a teenager to smoke a copious amount of marijuana and then take a few OxyContin, which I had never taken before. I was standing outside at night with my two friends, when I started feeling very strange. I felt like my breathing was becoming shallower, I began to have a cold-sweat, and then started to feel very panic-stricken. Then the most frightening experience occurred--I suddenly blacked out. One minute I was standing there with my friends, the next I see black, and when I opened my eyes from the blackness I notice that I was looking at the tire of my friend's mom's truck, the reason being that I now found myself on the ground with my mouth in dirt. I started to think "What the hell!?" but before I could think or say anything else, my vision started to fade to blackness, and my hearing started to fade to being able to hear nothing.

I thought that was the end. I thought I was going to die there for the most idiotic reason, without having lived my life, and without being able to say good-bye to my family. My vision and hearing gradually came back into use, and by now I was having a full-blown panic attack along with whatever was happening to me. I managed to get back up, and my friends at this point are understandably worried. While I was standing my vision once more faded to black, but it came back again shortly, while my hearing went from normal to the sound of a high-pitched ringing tone. My friends were ready to dial for an ambulance, but I regained composure and told them not to (out of the fear for what repercussions there would be for all of us.) I sat down and drank some water, and managed to calm myself down. Turned out that I didn't overdose, I wasn't dying, but I sure as hell went through something just as traumatic--the feeling of dying, the conviction of annihilation. I was still in a cold sweat and shaken up, but after that I just went about the rest of my night as normal.

Needless to say, I never took OxyContin again and ever since that moment my teenage drug use came to an end. In that sense the experience was beneficial, and it was also beneficial in teaching me the value of life, the value of loved ones, and to respect the fact that I would die someday.

Last Online
    Monday, July 4th, 2011 @ 07:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norse Anglo Teutonic
    Ancestry
    Sweden, England, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, Austria, America
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Unemployed
    Politics
    Imperialist Monarchy
    Religion
    Non denomination Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well, when I was eight, my family of then six moved into a three bedroom shack. It was a fairly standard lake front property, high rent, high maitanence, and still too good to be true. About three weeks in, we started having things go missing, and about three months later, mom, my brother and me started to catch little glimpses of things. Then around late winter of the second year, thongs started to pick up, strange threatening phone calls, faces on the walls that would vanish once the light was turned on and not reapear, and expolding light bulbs. Threw out the whole time, my dad refused to belive what was happening. However, around our fourth year there, we were having a party, (ie, there was much beer, but I wasn't drinking) mom confronted dad again, and he decided to taunt it. The result was instant. Dad's grandmother's bible flew from its place on the fridge, (there was no vent by it) and hit the wall on the other side of the room with enough force to cause it to deisntagrate! I know that quite a few of you won't belive me, but thats cool, I walked away from there, so its all good with me.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sad

Last month I was riding my bike and came to a railroad crossing. The gates were already down and the lights were flashing signaling the coming train. I looked to my right (I forgot to look left ) and saw the train approaching in the distance. It seemed to be a good 400 yards away. Pretty far, I thought to myself, and proceeded to cross, very leisurely. Too leisurely. When I got to the other side I stopped and heard the train horn blasting as if the train was right on top of me, the next thing I knew a 90 MPH or approximately 144 KPH train flew past, picking up dust and shaking the ground around me. It suddenly dawned on me that, had I slipped while crossing the tracks, I'd be dead. That was unlikely of course, but it could have happened. There was a mere 4 seconds between me crossing and the train flying past. I did not realize the train was going that fast.

That was pretty scary. I've gotten over it more or less, but I still feel kind of strange when I think about that day.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast