Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Scariest Experience You've Ever Had?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bæny View Post
    DAMN THAT JOLLY FISHERMAN.

Yeah I know, it was a bit strange, I was thinking of calling the police but I wasn't sure (both me and my friend were 18+ too so they probably wouldn't have bothered doing anything). Obviously I should have because he was probably a paedophile or something if he's in such close proximity to children.
    Strangely enough, I have a similar story. Two months ago I was in Lincoln with a few friends, and just as we were coming out of a pub a guy (very drunk) dressed as a woman lifted his skirt to reveal his...hmm, you know. It was both disturbing and hilarious (mainly disturbing).

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Strangely enough, I have a similar story. Two months ago I was in Lincoln with a few friends, and just as we were coming out of a pub a guy (very drunk) dressed as a woman lifted his skirt to reveal his...hmm, you know. It was both disturbing and hilarious (mainly disturbing).
    Yeah, I hate when weird people do that sort of think in public. One time I was waiting for a friend on the side of the road near a bus stop. A guy that was waiting for the bus kept staring at me. I didn't make anything of it, untill he started to walk towards me. He was filthy, unkempt, swarthym, and all-around ugly. He had a sickening smile on his face. I started running and the guy made a really wierd noise, kind of like a laugh. I looked back and he was still walking towards me. I was 11 years old.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 02:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    When I was 16, I tore some cartilage in my knee. I had to use crutches for a few weeks after the injury because I was unable to straighten or bend the joint more than 45°. While still getting used to the crutches, I went to descend some stairs in my house (I would hop down on my uninjured leg). Before I could, I lost my balance, and, being catapulted into the air by the crutches, fell down the whole flight. Now, at the bottom, there is a heavy wooden table that looked like it was going to collide with my head. The whole thing was only a couple of seconds, but I remember seeing that table approaching and knew I would end up dead or with a broken neck if I hit it. I ended up missing it by an inch or so. I still busted my head open on the floor and was on the ground for the better part of an hour.

On another occasion (in the same year as the above, as a matter of fact) I was flying to England from Toronto on an airline which has a history of negligence-related mechanical problems. I should add that I do not like flying at the best of times. Anyway, shortly after takeoff, the power was cut, and all lights, screens, and so on went dead. People started screaming and shouting. Seconds later everything came back on, and the captain came on the intercom and explained that he had accidently turned off some power supply to the cabin and that we were never in any danger. It was not very reassuring in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest King View Post
    2. Discovering, when I was a young boy, that sometimes my heart skips a beat. I kept it as a secret, hoping it would go away. Well, it did go away for quite a while, but when I reached adulthood (and my stress-level increased) I started getting a "skipped beat" feeling whenever I was overwhelmed with stress. I finally decided to get my heart checked out. The cardiologist told me it was completely normal to feel your heart "skip a beat" in times of stress or high caffeine use. The tests determined that my heart was "perfect" and that I'm healthy enough to run a marathon. They're called PAC's (the benign extra heartbeats) and PVC's (the less benign, but just as common among healthy adults apparently). I was told they can't hurt me, but still, it's god damn scary
    I have something similar; I started getting a rapid heartbeat and chest pain a few years ago. I would also get a fluttering sensation and a feeling like my heart had skipped a beat and would start again with a thud. I have been to several hospitals, seen a cardiologist, had ECGs, echocardiograms, etc. They could find nothing wrong, but I still get episodes from time to time. Last spring I had two bad attacks and passed out both times. Additionally, my rib cage on the left side and around the heart hurts to the touch. It has been that way for about two years, but I cannot get an explanation for that, either.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 12:50 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Alpine, Borreby & West Baltid
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A similar story to one told before - a friend and I were walking one night downtown after dinner and a group of negroes (5 of them) approached us and told us to give them our wallets.

Last Online
    Monday, August 13th, 2012 @ 06:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic-American
    Ancestry
    Swiss/Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Arizona Arizona
    Occupation
    Tech Support
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TXRog View Post
    Had a gun pulled on me once out in west TX years ago.
    I had a similar experience, except I wasn't armed myself at the time. It was just a road-rage incident that turned ugly. I had cut in front of this car accidentally and the driver (generic wigger is all I really remember about the guy) stopped in the middle of the road and shouted some insult at me. I backed up and pulled up alongside him and told him to get out of the car. I guess the coward realized he would have gotten his ass beat if he tried to face me like a real man (I was probably about twice his size after all) so he stuck an automatic in my face. At the time I really wasn't too scared, adrenaline and all I guess, I just put my hands up in the air and was like "you're right buddy, you win". He said "I thought so" and took off...

My immediate reaction after the fact was a very strong desire to go home and get my own gun and hunt him down (I was young and overflowing with testosterone at the time). After about 10 minutes or so though the seriousness of the situation hit me and I started shaking pretty badly for awhile. Now when I look back on it I wonder if the gun was even loaded. I also hope that piece of shit got what was coming to him.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 12:50 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Alpine, Borreby & West Baltid
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePercent View Post
    I also hope that piece of shit got what was coming to him.
    I'm sure he did if he was waving around a firearm over a driving dispute. People with that little self control tend not to last long when they own weapons.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyalist View Post
    I have something similar; I started getting a rapid heartbeat and chest pain a few years ago. I would also get a fluttering sensation and a feeling like my heart had skipped a beat and would start again with a thud. I have been to several hospitals, seen a cardiologist, had ECGs, echocardiograms, etc. They could find nothing wrong, but I still get episodes from time to time. Last spring I had two bad attacks and passed out both times. Additionally, my rib cage on the left side and around the heart hurts to the touch. It has been that way for about two years, but I cannot get an explanation for that, either.
    Ditto about the flying, I hate it. I'd rather walk 100 miles than fly. At least I am in control, to a certain extent, when I'm on the ground.

My heart "skips a beat" whenever I have something negative in the back of my mind. If I think about heart problems, for example, it happens - at least that's how it's been in the past. I'm overcoming it I think. One time I was trying to explain my symptoms to a cardiologist and I started experiencing what I was trying to describe, they gave me an ecg and it turned out I had premature atrial contractions, one after another after another after another... I thought I was toast. I was told that "nobody knows for sure why they happen to healthy individuals" but apparently they do. If you have no structural defect, or acquired problem you should not worry. If you get something try to strain or cough (do the valsalvas maneuver), it's supposed to be helpful.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 7th, 2011 @ 08:55 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German or English
    Ancestry
    Scotland, England, Switzerland, Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Two winters ago, shortly after having moved to a new city, I met a girl. She seemed cool enough--a bit strange maybe and somewhat ditsy, but we seemed to have a bit in common, and I was in need of some sort of companionship, being rather depressed at the time for a number of reasons, so we ended up hanging out...Something I regret to this day...

We both had a fondness of drugs and would regularly smoke pot together, but that was the extent our usage, until one day, lacking weed, she suggested that I try DXM. Prior to this, the only psychedelic I had tried was acid...and in low doses, but she assured me that it would be fine and recommended that I ingest about sixteen coricdin(about 480 mgs of DXM), and, like a fool, I did...

...But, about an hour after having taken the pills, I began to feel the effects, which weren't unpleasant at first--my mood was enhanced and I became more sociable; however, things became sour around thirty minutes later when I stumbled into the bathroom and recognized an all-too-familiar feeling creeping over me as I vomited uncontrollably into the toilet...the feeling of dissociation which had accompanied my overdose experiences...

A feeling of pure dread washed over me as I came to the conclusion that I was dying, and I, trying my hardest to compose myself, staggered from the bathroom to inform my new friends ..."Guys, I think I'm ODing," I said...to which the girl with panic written across her face replied, "I'm sorry; you'll be okay..." I was certain now that I was going to die...

I crawled to the living room, sat on the floor and prepared my self for death...With my face buried in my hands, I attempted to console myself--"It's alright, Branden; it's just death. Everything is going to be alright." I wanted to scream for help, but I wouldn't allow myself; I had to be strong I thought...I looked up...and before me was Andy Warhol's hideous visage, now pixelated...as was everything...Terrified, I returned my face to my hands-- at which point, I began to hear the low hum of electricity; shortly after that, I could taste it...I wanted to scream, but I resigned myself to be as the stoics...though I hadn't the strength...

I began to see my thoughts, and I watched them collapse into themselves; I saw myself as progressing through a tunnel of unwinding thought processes towards my death...and this lasted for around two hours...up until I saw myself in an insane asylum, at which point I began moving without willing myself to move...

I found myself in different places in but a flash--outside--in a basement--back in the living room...until, eventually, things slowed, my perception changed, and "my soul returned to my body."

It was horrifying to say the least and has caused some very real issues for me, psychologically...For instance: I still experience dissociation from time to time; I've lost the ability to read and speak as fluently as I once did; I have trouble remembering things; I have trouble thinking at times, and I often experience anhedonia and avolition...

Needless to say, I don't recommend trying DXM...

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Visual art student
    Politics
    Commienazi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gawd. I haven't used DXM and now your post made sure I never will.

I have a similar story, but definitely less spiritual than yours. I had tried magic mushrooms and was getting all these very faint hallucinations. The building opposite to me formed the face of an evil old witch. I decided to walk over to the hag, and kept trying to jump out of my kitchen window. My friends had to physically restrain me for half an hour so I wouldn't kill myself.

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 10:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Sometimes in the night I have a strange experience right after falling asleep.
    It feels like I'm mostly awake but I can't move anything and there's some kind of "ghostly face" in the middle of my room, always at exactly the same spot. Sometimes it feels like someone is actually sitting on my chest or touching me.
    I always get really afraid and after some 30 seconds or so I wake up, sweating and confused.

This really gives me the creeps, I'm not really a believer in something supernatural but I have no idea what causes this. This happened at least five times in my life, probably more often.

When researching the phenomena I found this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

And it also reminds me of:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare_%28folklore%29
    "Man kann sich heute nicht in Gesellschaft um Deutschland bemühen; man muss es einsam tun wie ein Mensch, der mit seinem Buschmesser im Urwald Bresche schlägt und den nur die Hoffnung erhält, dass irgendwo im Dickicht andere an der gleichen Arbeit sind." - Ernst Jünger

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast