Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    As the original poster of this thread, I have to say that I consider France to almost always have had three Indo-European metaethnic components (Basque the other), of varying degrees and sizes. In today's age, only Flanders and Alsace-Lorraine are Germanic, only Brittany is Celtic, with everywhere else Romance (originally Greek)--but that hasn't always been the case. The Three Estates of the Realm are: Romance Priests, Germanic Princes, Celtic Peasants. France wasn't called First Daughter of Holy Mother Church for no reason, while the cause of anticlericalism and irreligion owes its origin to the fact that Romance has always been imposed via Provence (in tandem to Greek Marseilles).

Whatever the past tribal fragmentation of France, today's demographic distribution makes as much sense as pre-Voelkerwanderung arrangements, although the proportions and sizes are different. That being said, while the vast majority of France is now Romance and probably just as receptive to ancient (Greco-)Roman culture, why shouldn't the Salians of Flanders and Ripuarians of Alsace-Lorraine venerate their Die Nibelungenlied, or the Celtic Bretons put forth their legends of Arthur and Vercingetorix? The names of the people had always been either Gaul or Frank, with or without (Greco-)Roman interference.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 27th, 2018 @ 03:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    In today's age, only Flanders and Alsace-Lorraine are Germanic, only Brittany is Celtic, with everywhere else Romance (originally Greek)
    I've just read this thread with great interest

As some previous posters have done, I would also add Normandy to the above list ^

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Godwinson For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    17 Hours Ago @ 11:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scott. English, 3/16 Irish English, 4/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Genetically, it's common for Normans to cluster with English or Germans. I don't know about Bretons.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 27th, 2018 @ 03:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    The Bretons tend to have their own sense of identity and a separatist movement similar to that of the Cornish in England.

Jean-Marie Le Pen is a Breton, BTW

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 05:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Irish, Scottish, and French
    Subrace
    Frankish
    Y-DNA
    R1B
    mtDNA
    U5
    Country
    United States United States
    Civic nationalism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The idea that Germans were only aristocrats in France isn't true. Germans were often peasants and farmers in France just like they are in Germany. There are French surnames of German origin, here are some: Roger, Leger, Herbert, Goguen, and etc. French DNA is classified as very close to German on DNA tests. The French are a mix of Gauls, Germans, Latins, and various Mediterranean people. There is German influence on the French language. Someone earlier in the thread said that The French Revolution ethnic cleansed the Germans from France. I used to believe this too until I got a DNA test by 23andme and it said France and Germany were in the same category and also when I studied the surnames of the French side of my family tree I found a portion of the names to be of Germanic origin with other surnames being of Latin and Breton origin and Basque.

I used to believe in the German aristocrat theory about the German presence in France but if that was the case how would the German surnames in my family tree be explained from people who were peasant farmers and why does a portion of my DNA say French/German on it? Germans have a history of being small farmers whether they are in South Africa or Germany or France. France is still Germanic. I don't believe its mixture with Mediterraneans has degenerated it as some here have suggested but I respect peoples right here to believe that and I respect their right to work to preserve a relative purity of the Germanic blood. I am more focused on Germanic culture though.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 05:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Irish, Scottish, and French
    Subrace
    Frankish
    Y-DNA
    R1B
    mtDNA
    U5
    Country
    Civic nationalism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

France Should Be Included As A Germanic Nation

France is closer to Germany than England is on a genetic map of Europe. On a genetic map of Europe England is closer to Ireland than France is, and France is closer to Germany than England is. The most biologically Germanic part of Europe in recent history is likely to be Scandinavia. Germany would probably follow that, France is probably less Germanic than Germany but very close to being as biologically Germanic as Germany is, then following that you have England followed by Scotland, and then Ireland.

In both 23andme and AncestryDNA they classify German and French DNA in the same category.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EUwest1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	113778

Quote From Ancestry.com DNA site:
    People in this DNA ethnicity group may identify as:
    Belgian, French, German, Dutch, Swiss, Luxembourgian, Liechtenstein
    Above is talking about an ethnicity called Europe West. Below is a link to an article about genetic ancestry in UK.

https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/i...sh-as-we-think

Average UK resident is 36.94% British, 21.59% Irish and 19.91% Western European (French/German)
    It appears The Anglo Saxon admixture in English people is classified as French/German by that DNA testing service. In other words France is so close to Germany in terms of genetics that it is almost impossible to separate the two. In the image below we again see France and Germany linked together and we see The British Isles as their separate entity. [edit: the image below is not a test I personally took, I am just showing it to show people the way these tests lump nationalities together].

Name:	Ancestry Genetic Ethnicity copy.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	572.9 KB 
ID:	113777

Here is a short ethnic history of The British isles. After The Romans decimated Britain the native British people were defenseless against colonization. A Scot is an Irish person, The Scots migrated to Britain from Ireland and conquered the northern half of Britain while imposing their culture and intermarrying with the native British people. The Anglo Saxons conquered southern Britain and imposed their language on it and intermarried with the native British people. The native British people are The Welsh. English people genetically are a mix of Welsh, Anglo-Saxon, Scot(Irish), and Roman.

Ireland has Germanic influence as well. Anglo-Saxons settled the Eastern part of Ireland and intermarried with the locals there and set up a place called "The Pale of the Settlement". "Beyond the pale" in the western part of Ireland it was Gaelic/Celtic dominated. It is not clear just how biologically English or Scottish eastern Ireland is but they were under English domination and settlement for a long time. Also cities such as Waterford and Wexford and Dublin were established by viking colonists. The Orkney Islands of Scotland were settled by vikings.

Tacitus in his book Germania, the Roman historian, he mentions Germanic tribes all throughout Gaul(France). He mentions both Celtic and Germanic tribes being in Gaul. All sorts of Germanic tribes travelled through France, a significant portion of French last names are of German origin such as names like Herbert, Roger, and Leger.

Germany itself had Celts and Romans moving through there a lot, so they are not pure Germanic and their level of purity is close to France. Scandinavian countries probably have the most Germanic blood but they were also populated by thralls taken from Ireland so there is Celtic influence on their too. Ireland though has Germanic and Nordic influences but it is mostly Celtic or Gaelic.

According to my DNA test I have British Isles ancestry, Scandinavian ancestry, and I have Germanic ancestry which is in the same category as French. I am grateful my Scottish ancestry granted me admission to this forum. I was told that my French ancestry would not qualify me but that my Scottish ancestry would qualify me admission. I do recognize the Germanic heritage that is part of Scotland and so I would not dispute Scottish being allowed to grant someone entry but Scotland is less Germanic than France is according to these genetic tests that have come out.

Plus on the French side of my ancestry I have seen ancestry from Austria, England, Netherlands, and etc who intermarried into the French side.

English DNA tends to get lumped in the same category as Ireland does and the Anglo Saxon aspect to English DNA gets identified as French/German by testing companies.

Icelandic DNA is heavily Germanic from the Nordic influence but it is likely over 50% Celtic because it was populated by Scandinavian men and Irish concubine women.

I am not using Germanic admixture to propose a hierarchy either. I am not trying to besmirch anyone by mentioning this. But please look at the DNA testing. Why does it put France and Germany in the same category? England is farther away from Germany and according to DNA English people have less Germanic blood in them than French people do. Anglo Saxon people travelled through France and had settlements there. The idea the Germanics were only aristocrats in France is not true, Germans are mainly a farmer peasant people and many French peasants are Germanic just as many German peasants are Germanic.

Look at the people in this video, this is a French owned island that borders Canada. These are French people, they look Germanic in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2gMCuYY4rk

This is a picture of people from Normandy France, where a portion of my French ancestry comes from. I am not posting a picture of Normandy due to being a "nordicist". I don't think so called Nordic people are better or worse than anyone. And who really knows how Nordic Normandy is or whether or not it is Nordic. I don't really care about that.

Name:	normandy2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	113779

And this is just some random French farmers

Name:	tractor_1471943c.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	113780

I am grateful my Scottish ancestry granted me admission to this place but the Germanic part of my identity is likely from France, if there is Germanic contribution from the Scottish side it is likely less than the contribution from the French side and I do recognize Celtic presence on the French side too and other stuff there. I am not saying Germanic is better or worse than anything either, I am just saying that according to current science France is more Germanic than England.

The notion that the peasants of France were only Celts and the aristocrats the only Germanics in France is outdated. It is a speculation by people from the 1800's who had access to limited information. Current science, not that I believe everything current science says, but current science indicates that Germanic genetics were dispersed throughout the social classes of France just as Germanics were dispersed throughout the social classes of Germany. The notion that the French revolution cleansed France of Germanic genetics is outdated and modern DNA testing asserts that France is a Germanic nation, more Germanic than England.

Name:	acadian_day_celebration.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	113781

French Canadian re-enactors above and below a picture of sabots the French canadian settles wore, a type of clogs.

Name:	4775955480_b64a15e087_b.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	315.5 KB 
ID:	113782

Below is French Canadian people

Name:	130429190106-03-bourdain-montreal-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	113783

I am not sure where people get this idea French are not Germanic but DNA testing and looking at culture proves otherwise. French are Germanic. England is farther away from Germany than France so naturally less Germanic tribes went to England than went to France, and modern DNA science supports that idea.

Last Online
    17 Hours Ago @ 11:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scott. English, 3/16 Irish English, 4/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Maybe 23andMe do not have enough DNA samples from Germany and France to be able to properly distinguish between the two. But there will naturaly be a lot of genetic similarity either side of the modern political border, dating from the Bronze Age.

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 12:26 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Mercian, Ulster & Midlothian
    Subrace
    Nordid & North-Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Mercia Mercia
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Research Scientist
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Anglo-Saxon Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    The French can be considered Germanic based on their blood on a case by case basis. They renounced their Germanic heritage as a people during the tyranny of Carl the Butcher and his son Louis the Pious. Those that acknowedge their original heritage are our brothers.

Anglo-Saxon's are all a mix of Germanic and Celtic depending how far North and West you go. Closer to the East, the more Germanic. In reality there is barely any genetic difference between Germanics and Celts, we're cousins.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Mercian For This Useful Post:

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Germanic is a racial cultural linguistic group, The French do not have the same language group as Germanics, please someone correct me if I'm wrong but French is Latin or Romance based language.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpearBrave For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 03:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    French is a Romance language. English is usually classified as Germanic but some have called it more of a creole language and it is heavily influenced by French and Latin via France.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Æmeric For This Useful Post: