Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

The "Random, Outlandish Ideas" Thread

What random, completely outlandish ideas have you had recently?

I just thought it would be interesting if I made a rap song and posted it on YouTube

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Monday, May 9th, 2016 @ 04:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German (7/16), Norvegian from Telemark (1/4), Irish (1/8), French (1/8), Flemish? (1/16)
    Subrace
    Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    German supremacist
    Religion
    Holy Bible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Two years ago,in the fall, I bought this old junk car dirt cheap, (a fixer-upper project car). I wasn't fully sure what I was going to do with it at the time of buying it , but I had an idea. I thought it would be really slick to have a car with skis at the front, so my idea, was to build this car that had skis in the front instead of wheels. This would have been accomplished by removing the two front wheels of the car, and replacing them with skis in the front, using a welding process to jimmy a metal bar to the wheel assembly which the bar would be welded to the skis to secure the skis in their place.

The car would have the two rear wheels in the back, but in the front, instead of the usual wheels, it would have two skis. The result would have been a car that looks like this (only the car I had had a roof):

The plan never materialized though, but a car with skis for front wheels would be a really slick thing to have, don't you think? Especially in the winter time.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 20th, 2017 @ 08:12 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Ancestry
    Germany/Ireland (Viking?)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian (non-denominational)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    Two years ago,in the fall, I bought this old junk car dirt cheap, (a fixer-upper project car). I wasn't fully sure what I was going to do with it at the time of buying it , but I had an idea. I thought it would be really slick to have a car with skis at the front, so my idea, was to build this car that had skis in the front instead of wheels. This would have been accomplished by removing the two front wheels of the car, and replacing them with skis in the front, using a welding process to jimmy a metal bar to the wheel assembly which the bar would be welded to the skis to secure the skis in their place.

The car would have the two rear wheels in the back, but in the front, instead of the usual wheels, it would have two skis. The result would have been a car that looks like this (only the car I had had a roof):

I think this would be a very cool idea, brother wallflower.

That Nash "Metropolitan" car depicted in your attached photo would be a real hoot to drive in the winter with the top down - as long as it wasn't done during a blizzard and the heater worked really good.

The plan never materialized though, but a car with skis for front wheels would be a really slick thing to have, don't you think? Especially in the winter time.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 20th, 2017 @ 08:12 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Ancestry
    Germany/Ireland (Viking?)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian (non-denominational)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post

I think this would be a very cool idea, brother wallflower.

That Nash "Metropolitan" car depicted in your attached photo would be a real hoot to drive in the winter with the top down - as long as it wasn't done during a blizzard and the heater worked really good!!
    Last edited by TXRog; Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011 at 04:33 AM. Reason: spelling