Country
    Germany Germany
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrogar View Post
    If anyone worries about the out-of-africa theory or it's consequences, They can rest assured by the fact that we are also 99% genetically identical to chimpansees.
    No one will ever claim that we should interbreed with chimps. The essential difference is in the 1% or 0,1%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    Well, we might have pretty much the same genes, but what matters is what genes are active. Only about 2% of the genes in the DNA are actually active, the rest is "junk" DNA. But they say we are 95% the same geneticly as chimps too...
    That's what bugs me about these documentaries too. They're intentionally misleading - presenting some facts while not mentioning others and not putting them in the proper context. It shows that they have a political agenda beyond just reporting about these scientific findings in an honest way, and it's dangerous because many people won't see through it and accept everything at face value as they think it's 'objective' science. In the end it's not about science but about subtly telling people what to think and to give them some quotes/catchphrases they can throw at those 'evil racists' out there the next time they encounter them in an argument. It didn't take long after they started airing such documentaries for exactly those statements (like 'we are all equal as we share 99.9% of our dna', 'there is more variation inside groups than between groups', etc) to appear all over the internet on message boards and in commentary sections. Now they think they know the 'truth' unlike us unenlightened people, and nothing else matters to them. The documentaries and articles accomlpished their intended goal.

Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Scandi
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I can't seem to find the whole video on the Internet as I would assume it's heavily copyrighted by National Geographic. But I did find a three-minute introduction of the video.

The video is about "The Genographic Project," and the half hour or hour including commercials program I saw on TV was on the Genographic Project in New York City.

http://natgeotv.com/za/the-human-fam...ct-in-new-york

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosomal Viking View Post
    I can't seem to find the whole video on the Internet as I would assume it's heavily copyrighted by National Geographic. But I did find a three-minute introduction of the video.

The video is about "The Genographic Project," and the half hour or hour including commercials program I saw on TV was on the Genographic Project in New York City.

http://natgeotv.com/za/the-human-fam...ct-in-new-york

Thank you. I have found some other links as well, posted below.

Dr Spencer Wells and a team of National Geographic scientists retrace the footsteps of 200 random New Yorkers and prove they are all cousins in the "family of man."

On the most diverse street in the most diverse city in the most diverse country in the world, a team of National Geographic scientists will swab the cheeks of some 200 random New Yorkers. The goal: to retrace our ancestral footprints and prove we are all cousins in the “family of man.” Join geneticist Spencer Wells and a team of technicians from National Geographic’s Genographic Project as they trace the human journey through time and space, from our origins in the heart of Africa to the ends of the world. Cutting edge science, coupled with a cast of New Yorkers – each with their own unique genetic history - will help paint a picture of these amazing journeys. Ultimately, Man’s First Migrations answers some of humanity’s most burning questions, such as who we are and where we come from, and forces us to change how we think not only about our relationships with our neighbours, but ourselves.

http://natgeotv.com/za/the-human-family-tree/about
    I don't know if this "Human Family Tree" is part of the Genographic Project you are talking about, but it was on the "home" tab of the link you posted.

From links talking specifically about the Genographic Project, [the first link] mentions twice its interest in "indigenous peoples" and about "support[ing] indigenous conservation and revitalization projects."

Other than the nonsense about "diversity" and their overconfidence in the Out of Africa Theory (as the Multi-region Theory has been gaining ground as of late), I do not see anything blatantly anti-scientific. I of course believe what you say about the documentary, as I have not seen it, but I'm 'just saying.'

Also, note how IBM is helping fund it.

https://genographic.nationalgeograph...n/en/index.htm
    http://www.ibm.com/solutions/genographic/us/en/
    http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/genographic/

Last Online
    Thursday, July 12th, 2012 @ 05:38 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Father=English;Mother=German-Danish
    Ancestry
    Father=England;Mother=Fohr, Schleswig-Holstein
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Computers and Sales
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nat Geo Show

I saw the show and nearly threw up when they said I was related to that thing in africa! I believe none of it! Resist!

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 11:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Other Other
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They go into great detail looking at differences in all species and how they are unique. For humans they spend their time explaining the similarities and don't go into much detail.

Their actions speak volumes.

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Nordland Nordland
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Technology
    Politics
    Galactic Lebensraum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Species have fenotypes and genotypes in their genes, genotype tells which genes or gene variants a organism carries, and fenotype is what genes are active and comes to show.

A person can carry genotypes for blue and brown eyes, but if brown comes out it is the fenotype.

Even though we carry almost all the same genes as africans, it dosnt have anything to say because it is only 2% of the DNA which contains active genes.

Last Online
    Monday, July 25th, 2011 @ 05:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Franco-American
    Ancestry
    Frankish, Langobard, Scots, Norman, Goth, Bretagne, Bavarian, English.
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Happily married
    Politics
    Meritocracy
    Religion
    Unusual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Humans are highly selected for and have less diversity than many other animal species.

However, there are certainly variations among our species. Different groups are physically adapted to different environments, and that is obvious.

Broaching this subject in the classroom is delicate - but it must be done. National Geographic is the last organization (dependent on public funding and funding from liberal interests) that can do this kind of education.

People barely understand genes, to be frank - and to get into any kind of discussion about patterns of diversity without the education to understand genes is not something I willingly do.

However, National Geographic could make a start by explaining something about the variation in the human genome - it's there, they can talk about some of the basics. Nose size and shape, for example. Somehow I doubt that anyone from NG is reading this, though.
    Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end.
    ~~Immanuel Kant~~

Senior Member Rodskarl Dubhgall's Avatar
    Last Online
    28 Minutes Ago @ 05:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Swedish & Dutch
    Country
    State
    Rhode Island Rhode Island
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Lorry Driver
    Politics
    Yankee
    Religion
    Geneva Bible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Multicultural evolutionary propaganda fails to note that the oldest primate-ape fossils are from Asia and that means Africa was just a pass-through for hominids. That means Africa is only the adopted homeland of Negroes and not the origin of any kind of human. Furthermore, different races have different correlations among the apes. There are similarities between Whites and Orangutans, just as there are between other races and apes. Humans have been able to crossbreed from divergent origins, but that doesn't mean anything else ought to be read into it.
    https://forums.skadi.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45371&datel  ine=1529458786

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12