Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Compare Celts and Germanics: Physical Differences

  1. #41
    Unregistered
    Guest

    :) Hellos

    Well Celts, (Scottish etc ) tends to have softer features and Germanics harder features. The celtic look is tobe found in British isles prodominatly , like Scotland, which is one of the celtic nations. Go to Scotland to see what Celts look lik.e Plus red hair and frecles is known tobe a `celtic` trait, and again this is tobe found in scotland mostly, where there is high concentration of Celts . i dont think scotland has much germanic input honestly . Maybey some in Shetland etc but not in main-land scotland which is mainly celt and red hairs . if you have contrary informations please inform me and put my informations correct .

    I dont know why scotland (celtic nation) has an alloccation of this website??
    Scotland is my favorite celtic nation.


    thank you

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Monday, September 3rd, 2018 @ 03:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Location
    Mid-West
    Gender
    Family
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    154
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    There is a stronger tendency for a truly white skin, freckles, blue or green eyes, red or reddish-brown hair among Celts, and for Germanics a stronger for blondness and a fair skin which has the ability to tan.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Monday, September 3rd, 2018 @ 03:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Location
    Mid-West
    Gender
    Family
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    154
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Nevertheless Roman historian describes the people of Germania with reddish hair! Isn't that strange, since the most red-headed Germanics are the English and Lowland Scots.

  4. #44
    Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Hersir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Posts
    5,962
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    741
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    553
    Thanked in
    256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Germaniathane View Post
    Nevertheless Roman historian describes the people of Germania with reddish hair! Isn't that strange, since the most red-headed Germanics are the English and Lowland Scots.
    I have heard some say it was us Scandinavians who introduced the red hair there. What do you think of that?

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Monday, September 3rd, 2018 @ 03:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Location
    Mid-West
    Gender
    Family
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    154
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    I have heard some say it was us Scandinavians who introduced the red hair there. What do you think of that?
    Yes, I have heard such theories too. However, I have my doubts since it is in the British Isles that red hair is most common. Ireland, Wales have a much higher frequency of red hair than any Scandinavian country. Those countries are predominantly Celtic. Some Vikings were redheads, but the vast majority were not. Unless, we ought to believe that there was an earlier migration from Scandinavia of redheads before the Celts in the British Isles which is very unlikely so far. However, who knows!

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Monday, September 3rd, 2018 @ 03:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Location
    Mid-West
    Gender
    Family
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    154
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well Celts, (Scottish etc ) tends to have softer features and Germanics harder features. The celtic look is tobe found in British isles prodominatly , like Scotland, which is one of the celtic nations. Go to Scotland to see what Celts look lik.e Plus red hair and frecles is known tobe a `celtic` trait, and again this is tobe found in scotland mostly, where there is high concentration of Celts . i dont think scotland has much germanic input honestly . Maybey some in Shetland etc but not in main-land scotland which is mainly celt and red hairs . if you have contrary informations please inform me and put my informations correct .

    I dont know why scotland (celtic nation) has an alloccation of this website??
    Scotland is my favorite celtic nation.


    thank you
    Lowland Scottish people are Germanic people, descendants of the Angles who originated in Denmark. Thus Scotland has some Germanic genetic influence, it overall less Celtic than Wales or Ireland.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Monday, September 3rd, 2018 @ 03:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Location
    Mid-West
    Gender
    Family
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    154
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    Physical differences are the result of Genetics. If one takes the predominate Western European genetic haplogroup of R1b and the secondary R1a as the predominate haplogroups of both the Celts and Germanics, it follows that their physical attributes well be similiar if not indistiguishable. Once again, Celtic or Germanic identification is Cultural, not genetic or physical.
    Oh well, it could be physical! Why do Scandinavian nations have a high ratio of blondes, while Celtic nations have a higher ratio for red hair?

  8. #48
    Member Indo-European's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 7th, 2018 @ 04:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic/Indo-European
    Ancestry
    Irish/Scottish/German
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    J1C5C1
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Politics
    Nationalism/Traditionalism
    Religion
    Native European Spirituality
    Posts
    19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Celts tend to have more red hair (about 10-15% of the population of any given Celtic nation) while Germanic people tend to have a higher incidence of blonde hair and less on the red. Many Celtic people are blonde too but medium and dark brown hair shades outnumber blondes (though many of the brunettes start out as blonde and darken with age).

    Celtic people tend to have fairer skin than most Germanic people (freckles are more common and the skin is prone to sunburn). There also are certain facial features or looks that stand out as being Celtic or Germanic (sub-races). But there are individuals from say Ireland or Wales who if you put them in a crowd of Germans you might not know they were Irish or Welsh until they spoke and vice versa. There is definitely some overlap between the two groups.

  9. #49
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 26th, 2017 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    German French American
    Gender
    Posts
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    Physical differences are the result of Genetics. If one takes the predominate Western European genetic haplogroup of R1b and the secondary R1a as the predominate haplogroups of both the Celts and Germanics, it follows that their physical attributes well be similiar if not indistiguishable. Once again, Celtic or Germanic identification is Cultural, not genetic or physical.
    I was just thinking this. When I got my 23 and me profile back it didn't have a category called Celt or Germanic

  10. #50
    Member Vindir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Monday, November 19th, 2018 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norman
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Normandy Normandy
    Gender
    Politics
    Europeanist and regionalist
    Religion
    Honor your ancestors
    Posts
    17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I was just thinking this. When I got my 23 and me profile back it didn't have a category called Celt or Germanic
    23andme is about your ancestry til the Antiquity period if I am not mistaken. They gathered populations results to call them by several categories, they usually even gather pops who have nothing to do together but nevermind They are calling it by the current country name.

    If you wanna know if you are from more Celtic or German ancestry then you should go further with tests as you can find on Gedmatch. 23andme would never help you to determine if you are more Celtic or Germanic

    Also reading more about the ethnogenesis of your ancestors could help you to know if they were more Germanics or Celts.

    Very interesting thread by the way, specially about the North Western euro people traits which is hard to determine if they come from the germanic input or celtic roots.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are Germanics a Sub-Race of the Celts?
    By Wulfram in forum Germanic & Indo-Germanic Origins
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Monday, December 18th, 2017, 05:50 AM
  2. Race And Physical Differences (by William R. Boggs)
    By Haldís in forum Physical Anthropology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Wednesday, May 9th, 2012, 07:47 AM
  3. Physical Differences Between Swedish and Finnish People
    By rulebritannia in forum Europoid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sunday, April 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Tuesday, April 11th, 2006, 01:27 AM
  5. Race and Physical Differences
    By Furius in forum Physical Anthropology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Thursday, January 13th, 2005, 11:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •