Politics
    ethno nationalism
    Religion
    Catholic Texas German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    When I was young I put things off till the last minute a lot. Yet I am very organized now. I think computers and technology made me much more sharp. I owe much of my intelligence and common sense to computers and the internet.

School was a complete waste as was college in respect to where I learned things of value and not to procrastinate. I swear 90% of people with graduate degrees are absolute imbeciles outside their realm of expertise. I'm consistently unimpressed on average by the average 40+ year old with a high paying job, most are simply shallow, intellectual-ogres that know only their particular little field of thought. I think more highly of people who are gamers and internet people far more than I think of someone with an MD or a law degree on average. Then again certainly there are internet people that are just freaks and you can tell just by how they walk that the sun is their enemy and they've probably never touched a woman besides their mother before. Plenty of those to be sure, I know one and he is a scary character. Yet social internet people who are well-versed never fail to amaze me at how much more aware in general they are than non-internet, 'sports people' as I'd describe them.

Actually I've found one can generally gauge how smart a person is going to be based on how much sports they watch a week. It always ends up being the case that more sports watching equals less overall knowledge of near-anything that isn't related to their job.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 8th, 2018 @ 07:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Finland, Scotland, France, Germany
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I wouldn't say I procrastinate, but time seems to slip away from me.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germany, Scotland, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    Single adult
    Politics
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey man, if your depressed I highly suggest you invest in some herbal relaxants, if you know what I mean.

It's worked well for me over the years. Anytime somethings really bothering me, I set aside some time to just chill and smoke some herb. I forget all about what was vexing me.

I have always have a nice fat one in reserve for whenever I see I pretty white girl walking down the street with some darkie hanging off her arm.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Württemberg, Franconia and I recently discovered old ancestors in Saxony
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh yes, I procrastinate a lot. If I have a deadline in four weeks, you can be sure I'll start one week before. If I have enough time, there is no incentive for me to get active.

If I procrastinate several tasks at the same time, I really get under enormous pressure, including drama and falling into a desperate mood. But apparently this is what I need. The results are always good, so I don't say it's a bad habit (but it is annoying and uses up all my energy sometimes).

I don't know when I started this. I used to do all things immediately when I was still in my teenage days.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 05:01 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    I can be a bit of a procrastinator. I suppose there's a few things I want down immediately, and do them immediately, including a whole bit of unpleasant stuff. But on some things, I'll keep on postponing until the last minute, especially bureaucratic things.

With other procrastinations, it can often be a measure of perfectionism rather than laziness. If I do something, I want it done perfect, not half-baked. I've ruined a couple of PM-exchanges actually by always announcing "tomorrow" and then taking five days for a reply.

In terms of academic ventures, I actually need the pressure to function; I once didn't sit down until the evening before to research from my literature for an important and grand-scale presentation. I was due to hold it for 8.30AM, and was finished preparing at 7.57AM.

In the words of Douglas Adams: "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    In terms of academic ventures, I actually need the pressure to function; I once didn't sit down until the evening before to research from my literature for an important and grand-scale presentation. I was due to hold it for 8.30AM, and was finished preparing at 7.57AM. [/I]
    You're right, it's worst for me for uni stuff and annoying bureaucracy at work.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 05:01 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Actually I've found one can generally gauge how smart a person is going to be based on how much sports they watch a week. It always ends up being the case that more sports watching equals less overall knowledge of near-anything that isn't related to their job.
    That's nonsense. I'm an avid "passive sportsman" (I rarely watch the TV for anything much else), yet my general knowledge is generally applauded by my friends, comrades, study colleagues and associates.

Then again, I use the time others waste by gaming for reading or furthering my knowledge on the net, so the time I lose by watching an Alpine downhill, a game of football, a F1 race or a competition of biathlon is gained by foregoing things like gaming (which I typically do about once every fortnight, for no longer than a couple of hours).
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Oh yeah! I love procrastinating. I work better under pressure.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 20th, 2017 @ 09:12 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Ancestry
    Germany/Ireland (Viking?)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian (non-denominational)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do You Procrastinate?

Simply stated, no. I am far too German to be this way - I have always had alot of self-discipline and determination (perhaps too much).

My biggest problem is that most people are not like me in this way - I get angry and frustrated when people tell me they are going to do something and then don't follow through.

Whenever I tell someone I am going to do something (or simply decide to do something on my own), I simply do it.

In the words of Larry the Cable Guy - "Get 'er done."

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TXRog View Post
    Simply stated, no. I am far too German to be this way - I have always had alot of self-discipline and determination (perhaps too much).

My biggest problem is that most people are not like me in this way - I get angry and frustrated when people tell me they are going to do something and then don't follow through.

Whenever I tell someone I am going to do something (or simply decide to do something on my own), I simply do it.

In the words of Larry the Cable Guy - "Get 'er done."
    Careful! I put off many things but I always have them done at the deadline and nobody gets disappointed. I think it greatly depends on what you have to do. If it's really important, then I do it immediately. Everything else must wait By the way, I don't think your self-discipline has anything to do with being German. I'm German too and obviously I'm only disciplined when it matters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast