Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chivalry is Dead in Sweden. Feminist Unhappy.

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Chivalry is Dead in Sweden. Feminist Unhappy.

Am I sexist?
    Column

Chivalry may be dead in Sweden, but be careful what you wish for – Mo Kudeki discovers it’s hard to shake American gender roles.

Guys in America do a bunch of things for girls that are sort of nice but also sort of patronizing: trying to pay for your coffee (sometimes even when you aren’t dating them!), opening doors for you, and carrying your bag.
    I’ve always found these practices obnoxious and unnecessary. Do we really have to argue about who is going to pay for my $3 coffee, every time? Leave me alone!

Sweden is well-known for being a very gender-equal society – smaller wage gap between the genders than in the US, paternity leave, etc.
    Most of this chivalrous nonsense is also nonexistent. Great, exactly what I wanted, right?
    Except that it’s incredibly annoying.

When a guy at a nation or a club says, “do you want a drink?” the conventional wisdom is that Swedish guys never pay – actually, they do, but only about 25% of the time in my experience.
    But every time a guy DOESN’T offer to pay, my gut reaction is, “What’s this guy’s problem!?”

Guys here only very rarely come up to a girl and start a conversation. That’s fine in theory, as I actually love being the conversation-starter, and nothing is creepier than the “I can’t let a pretty girl stand in a club on her own” pickup line American guys sometimes use.
    Yet I feel ignored and unpopular when I realize that if I DON’T start a conversation, I will just sit there alone.

However I’m not here to complain about Swedish social norms – that’s not what bothers me. The disturbing thing is that I am having some negative reactions to living in a more equal society.
    I consider myself rather independent, and a feminist – I definitely don’t like the idea that I need male attention to feel validated, attractive, or to have fun. And apparently, I am both offended if a guy DOES pay for my coffee, and if he DOESN’T. Sorry, that is just insane.

The first time I noticed a clear difference from America, I was walking through a hallway carrying a large and heavy box. When I tried to open a door, I could do it, but it involved some mild struggling. There were plenty of guys around, and yet no one tried to help me with the door.

I was at first irritated that no one was rushing to my aid. Then, I became irritated because I realized I EXPECTED someone, specifically, a guy, to help me. I don’t want to feel that way!
    It also made me wonder what other gender roles and sexism I have internalized, and how it affects my life in subtler ways.

Perhaps I’m being too hard on myself – I’m reacting to behaviors that are directly opposed to my past 22 years of social programming. It’s fascinating to find that I don’t even know what my ideals are.
    Culture shock gives you the chance to reexamine your culture in a new light. Just be prepared to not always like what you find out about yourself.
    Source http://eng.lundagard.se/2011/03/22/am-i-sexist/

"I was walking through a hallway carrying a large and heavy box. When I tried to open a door, I could do it, but it involved some mild struggling. There were plenty of guys around, and yet no one tried to help me with the door."

Well this is a direct result of feminism's bullshit. There is such a thing as politeness and courtesy, which is what helping someone (male or female) in the above situation is. Unfortunately feminism saw any form of help from men toward women as sexist and patronising. That's because they're fucked in the head, and deserve to be ignored.
    I've had some women "take offense" to me being a little helpful, but I'm just a helpful person. I'd hold the door or help open it for anyone, guy or girl.

Extremist feminism has made it wrong to be nice.

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Damn feminists, and honestly from my experience I think that European men are more Chivalrous than North American men.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    With other words she pissed when some guys hold open the door for her when she is carrying a large box and she becomes pissed when they do not open the door. And the same things with the drinks situation.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Last Online
    Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 @ 05:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well, feminist women shouldn't complain. This is the reality of their gender-neutral dystopia. Women who demand chivalry from men, need to accept their own femaleness and difference at first. That's logical. If you eliminate the concept of feminity, be it just on a legal plane, you cannot base any claim on feminity.

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 20th, 2011 @ 11:58 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Sweden
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Sodermanland Sodermanland
    Single adult
    Occupation
    IT-management
    Politics
    Identitarian
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is a typical feminist, post that just makes us common people to either laugh or feel sick. I do not really know what to say about the matter but "world class" is a rather appropriate word. She lacks neither humor or a scizophren personality.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 4th, 2019 @ 04:05 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    If what I have heard about Sweden is true regarding gender roles and the emasculation of males in general than what do you expect?

As previous posters have said, if you get rid of the idea that the genders are different and have different strengths, weaknesses, needs and ways of looking at things than why should a man help a woman at all? Besides that I have opened doors etc for women and very rarely do I even get a thank you, so if women are going to say chivalry is dead than so is the age of the lady.
    I grew up on a belief of honour, courage and the old world values. The world isn't about that anymore, preferring to die a slow death of fast food and cheap thrills.

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011 @ 01:33 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Married
    Occupation
    IT Security
    Politics
    Technocrat
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Somebody call the fucking waaaaaaambulance. What a drama queen.

That sounds like the same bullshit from other so called "egalitarian" movements. They don't want equality they want to have and ADVANTAGE over somebody else.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackCross View Post
    Somebody call the fucking waaaaaaambulance. What a drama queen.

That sounds like the same bullshit from other so called "egalitarian" movements. They don't want equality they want to have and ADVANTAGE over somebody else.
    Yes exactly!

Victim Status is the word for it.

From what I have seen though is that even though Swedish Men may not do the obvious "Chivalry" crap, there is still plenty of Mangana butt kissing going on in Sweden.

For one if the Swedish men wanted to present the Swedish females with equality he would start out by "Bitch Slaping" the ideology of Feminism, and then proceed to point out that if she wants "Equality" she will have to dump her own anti male hate movement ideology.

It seems to me that just as American Women, Swedish women want to present themselves in the light of having fought a valiant fight against "Male Oppression" and retain the "Victim Status" as a ideological weapon against the man.

If one wants to be honest it all boils down to control, and in this case female control, and has nothing to do with "Equality".

But I say this, If Swedish or any other woman for that matter wants to kill Chivalry then I say "Knock yourself Out" because Feminism is based on the stupidity of Chivalry, and when men realize that they do not have to do it, then that will spell the end of Feminism as we know it.

When men learn to fight as brothers, that will also spell the end of the rest of the BS leftism.

This being said guys, there are always women that are not completely stupid and controlled by a Feminist Ideology, and 9 times out of 10 those are the women that are actually worth opening the door for, or paying for her dinner.

Look at it as natures way of selecting against the Bitches.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 03:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Regarding the feminisation of the Scandinavian male, I read somewhere about 6 or 8 months ago that a kindergarten in Norway was making little boys sit down on the toilet to urinate instead of standing up and urinating into a urinal trough. This kindergarten was trying to get the boys to urinate in the same manner as the girls in an attempt at 'equalising' the sexes. Can you believe that? I find it quite incredible. When I first read it I thought it was a prank or a hoax; I thought someone was sending up Norwegian kindergarten education.

And as far as feminists are concerned, they can't have it both ways. If they want equality expect to be treated as an equal, and this may involve getting ignored by a male party. If they want to be treated as an equal with men, then they should harden up and expect to be treated without any chivalrous consideration of their sex. The message is simple: harden up or expect unequal treatment as the softer sex.
    Between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingvaeonic View Post
    Regarding the feminisation of the Scandinavian male, I read somewhere about 6 or 8 months ago that a kindergarten in Norway was making little boys sit down on the toilet to urinate instead of standing up and urinating into a urinal trough. This kindergarten was trying to get the boys to urinate in the same manner as the girls in an attempt at 'equalising' the sexes. Can you believe that? I find it quite incredible. When I first read it I thought it was a prank or a hoax; I thought someone was sending up Norwegian kindergarten education.
    Yes I can Believe it.

Feminist are just that crazy!
    I would say that in the USA as opposed to Scandinavian countries though, most of the leftist crap was from the 1960's on seen as nonsensical crap.

Many of us regret not having the Abbie Hoffman types gunned down on the streets when we had the chance, and it has taken them quite a long time to get the Marxist BS to take hold here.

Never under estimate the power of organized violence, when it comes to Liberals. It is just about the only language they understand.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast