Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Taxonomy of the Europid Race

A brief outline of how I perceive the Europid race (homo sapiens europaeus); constructive criticism, additions, general reactions, etc would be much appreciated. I know that I'm using the terminology of different anthropologists (including, but probably not limited to, Coon and Baker) instead of just one.

Taxonomy of the Europid Race

Europid Proper
    • Alpine
    • Atlantid
    • Borreby
    • Brunn
    • Dinaric
    • East-Baltid
    • Iberid
    • Keltic
    • Neo-Danubian
    • Nordid
    • Noric
    • Pontid
    • Tronder

Peripheral Types, including clines with Negroid, Mongoloid or other accretions
    • Aethiopid
    • Arabid
    • Armenoid
    • Indid
    • Irano-Afghan
    • Ladogan
    • Lappid
    • Saharid
    • Turkic

btw, are Berbers considered Saharid, or do they have a group of their own?
    Last edited by Siegfried; Tuesday, June 29th, 2004 at 06:00 PM. Reason: added 'Indid' to the peripheral category

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2010 @ 07:45 PM
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Taxonomy of the Europid Race

I've noticed the absence of the term "Mediterranean".. is it due to the fact that u don't recognize mediteranenas as a category "per se" or to some other reason?

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai Ŕ sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo pi¨; Ŕ una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse pi¨ grave se sparisse una comunitÓ umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gesta Bellica
    I've noticed the absence of the term "Mediterranean".. is it due to the fact that u don't recognize mediteranenas as a category "per se" or to some other reason?
    I've broken the term 'Mediterranean' into a variety of subtypes (Iberid, Pontid, etc), as I think the term is being used in a way too broad to be relevant for 'European Cultural, Racial, and Spiritual Preservation'. Some 'Mediterranean' types are IMHO out of proper Europid range, while others are not.
    Hope that answers your question

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 8th, 2005 @ 03:45 PM
    Subrace
    Cro-Magnid/Dinarid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Politics
    Conservative Christian
    Religion
    Uniate, Greek-Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gesta Bellica
    I think "Iberid" means Western Mediterranean and "Pontid" Eastern Mediterranean.

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2010 @ 07:45 PM
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried Augustus
    I've broken the term 'Mediterranean' into a variety of subtypes (Iberid, Pontid, etc), as I think the term is being used in a way too broad to be relevant for 'European Cultural, Racial, and Spiritual Preservation'. Some 'Mediterranean' types are IMHO out of proper Europid range, while others are not.
    Hope that answers your question
    yes, the answer was clear and i totally agree with you about the questionable rilevance of the term "Mediterranean".

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai Ŕ sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo pi¨; Ŕ una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse pi¨ grave se sparisse una comunitÓ umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

You are not wrong, who deem / That my days have been a dream Johannes de Leˇn's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Baskid
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Excellent work Siegfried.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I am not convienced Ladogan is the result of mixture with Mongoloids. Might these UP people form a cline with northern Mongoloids or resemble them through adaptation to arctic conditions? The Obercassel skull (late Paleolithic) is said to look Mongoliod but don't see it. Ladogan-type is also said to be ancestral to the Sami. I see lots of American Indians, Eskimos and Mongoloids (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans) but to me the Sami don't look like that. I have never seen a Sami in person and this is certainly not my area. Any comment?

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Is Turkic the same as Turanid?

In the Scandinavian school of anthropology Tr÷nder is merely used as a variation of Scando-Nordid.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am not convienced Ladogan is the result of mixture with Mongoloids. Might these UP people form a cline with northern Mongoloids or resemble them through adaptation to arctic conditions?
    I'm not sure. They do have 'mongolish' traits, as can be seen in Coon's pictures:

I'd therefore say they are peripheral Europid, not Europid proper.

Ladogan-type is also said to be ancestral to the Sami. I see lots of American Indians, Eskimos and Mongoloids (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans) but to me the Sami don't look like that. I have never seen a Sami in person and this is certainly not my area. Any comment?
    As far as I know, there is a lot of controversy around the Sami; the Ladogan-connection is also disputed, I think. I've never seen a Sami in person either, but here's a picture of one:

Sami usually show both Europid and Mongolid traits, and they are genetically an odd group to categorize (or so I've heard). Hence the peripheral status. According to one theory, the Sami are a pushed aside offshoot of the race from which both the Europid and the Mongoloid sprang. I'm not sure how much evidence there is for this theory.

Is Turkic the same as Turanid?
    Yes.

In the Scandinavian school of anthropology Tr÷nder is merely used as a variation of Scando-Nordid.
    Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. Here's a Tr÷nder:

He looks a bit different from the Nordid, though there is probably enough similarity to establish a direct link:

Racial Reality defines the Tr÷nder as follows:

A hybrid type of Nordic with Corded and BrŘnn elements, frequent in the central coastal provinces of Norway, north of the Dovre Mountains; the principal form in Iceland, and among the Frisians, and common in the British Isles.

I'm not sure how accurate my list is; it seems to suggest there's more subracial diversity in the Northwest than in other regions of Europe. Perhaps this is because I used broader categories for the Southern types? Or is most Southern variation caused by interaction between Pontid, Iberid, and Atlantid (ie 'Mediterranean') types on the one hand and more Northern types on the other? Please enlighten me
    Last edited by Siegfried; Wednesday, June 30th, 2004 at 11:10 AM.

Last Online
    Monday, September 20th, 2010 @ 08:23 AM
    Subrace
    Eurasian ( Lappoid+? )
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    None.
    Politics
    Bolshevism/Eurasianism
    Religion
    Don't care
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Re: Taxonomy of the Europid Race

Dinarid is too related to Armenoid.Some anthropologists say that Armenoid is a Dinaric "sub-type".
    Why is Armenoid a peripheral type and
    Dinarid not?
    Last edited by Japetos; Thursday, July 1st, 2004 at 08:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast